Author Topic: Lee school employee surfing Web while two students in his care engage in sex act  (Read 1494 times)

Offline bijou

LEE COUNTY — A Lee County school employee who officials say was browsing the Internet while two special needs students engaged in sexual acts is being considered for termination.

Thomas McCoy, an educational support employee with the district since 1998, was suspended with pay in January pending a hearing examining his actions on a day in December when district officials say he was cruising ESPN.com while two students went behind a bookshelf and one performed a sex act on the other. McCoy, of Lehigh Acres, was supervising four students in an exceptional student classroom at Royal Palm Exceptional Center while the usual teacher was off campus with other students from the classroom.

Royal Palm is a Fort Myers alternative school for students identified as having special needs such as behavioral problems or learning disabilities.

Materials provided to school board members for Tuesday’s special meeting at 2:30 p.m., state that McCoy was having trouble controlling those students, and that at some point a 17-year-old boy and 15-year-old girl went behind a bookshelf while McCoy was on a computer.

link

After the teacher who kept her job following a robbery conviction, I'm surprised he is for the chop.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:56:16 PM by bijou »

Offline Gratiot

Well, that blows 

Offline thundley4

link

After the teacher who kept her job following a robbery conviction, I'm surprised he is for the chop.

Probably in trouble for not providing condoms, not for letting them have sex.  Or maybe  he forgot to give the prerequisite abortion counseling after the fact.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
"Special Needs" people need nookie too!

[youtube=425,350]IWZRQwsEBTE[/youtube]

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Lord Undies

The Melville classic "Blowme Dick"?

Offline 5412

Hi,

I met my wife and married her in Fort Myers, FL and we were in Lee County.  All I can say is we moved to Austin, TX a couple years later as we did not want her daughter in the Lee County school system.  It was one of the most pathetic excuses for a school system I have ever seen in my life.

Perhaps this is a dumb question.  The incident happened in December, they suspended the guy with pay in January, now it is May.  What takes so long?  Why the heck should they pay the guy for five months?  Is this really such a hard decision to make that they have to have several school board meetings to discuss it?  That fact alone is just another reason their school system is so terrible.

regards,

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
CONSIDERING being terminated?

CONSIDERING????
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Hi,

I met my wife and married her in Fort Myers, FL and we were in Lee County.  All I can say is we moved to Austin, TX a couple years later as we did not want her daughter in the Lee County school system.  It was one of the most pathetic excuses for a school system I have ever seen in my life.

Perhaps this is a dumb question.  The incident happened in December, they suspended the guy with pay in January, now it is May.  What takes so long?  Why the heck should they pay the guy for five months?  Is this really such a hard decision to make that they have to have several school board meetings to discuss it?  That fact alone is just another reason their school system is so terrible.

regards,
Welcome to the land of teacher's unions.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

link

There is a lot of institutionalized sexism among our Liberal education mafia, male teachers do not get the same degree of slack as female ones.  Not that the female ones should get the slack they do at times.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 5412

Welcome to the land of teacher's unions.

Hi,

What the heck is an educational support employee? 

regards,

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Hi,

What the heck is an educational support employee? 

regards,
Probably a fancy, union required, term for a teacher's aide.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 5412

Probably a fancy, union required, term for a teacher's aide.

Hi,

If that is the case, my ex-wife, and current daughter in law are one of them.......and they volunteer their time so the union would have no interest in them cause they do not pay dues.....

regards,

Offline Lanie

Hi,

regards,

werd. Special needs kids *have* to be watched. I wouldn't expect anything that extreme to happen, but you have to keep your eye on them.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline formerlurker

werd. Special needs kids *have* to be watched. I wouldn't expect anything that extreme to happen, but you have to keep your eye on them.

Uh no.   Special needs kids *have* to be educated, not placed in a classroom to rot with an incompetent moron.   

Offline Lanie

Uh no.   Special needs kids *have* to be educated, not placed in a classroom to rot with an incompetent moron.   

I agree. The story makes it sound like the person in there isn't really the teacher, but I agree.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.