Author Topic: Murdered Gay Boy’s Family Blames School for Letting Him Wear Makeup  (Read 1788 times)

Offline bijou

VENTURA, California  —  The family of a gay teenager who was fatally shot in class blames the school district for allowing their son to wear makeup and feminine clothing to school — factors the family claims led to the death.

The family's claim, filed last week in Ventura County Superior Court, said administrators and teachers failed to enforce the school's dress code when King wore feminine clothing and makeup to school.

His parents, Dawn and Gregory King, said faculty members knew their son had "unique vulnerabilities" and was subject to abuse because of his sexual orientation.

King was a ward of the court and living at a shelter for abused, neglected and emotionally troubled children at the time of the shooting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404502,00.html

Offline Lord Undies

I hope they win a trillion dollars. 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
anyone got money they want to put on the family suing for his "right" to wear said dresses and makeup?  i could stand to go drinking on someone else's nickel...

2nd question: what were his "special vulnerabilities" that made him a ward of the court?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
anyone got money they want to put on the family suing for his "right" to wear said dresses and makeup?  i could stand to go drinking on someone else's nickel...

2nd question: what were his "special vulnerabilities" that made him a ward of the court?

1st Qustion: No bet.

2nd Question: Ummmmm, he always liked playing the "catcher"?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Does anyone else see the delicious irony in this?  Had the school told the kid to dress like the rest of his gender, the ACLU and GLAD folks would be howling at the moon that his "sexual preferences" were being "supressed" by a government entity......now that the little pervert managed to get himself killed, the school is liable for letting him "express himself".......

You gotta love the lengths that liberals will warp logic to fit their goals......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

King was a ward of the court and living at a shelter for abused, neglected and emotionally troubled children at the time of the shooting.

WTF???    If this kid was so messed up that he had to be removed from his family, what the hell was doing in a public school system?

Offline Lord Undies

I have no doubt that the family did not stand in the boy's way.  I'm sure his "rights" were of the utmost importance right up to the minute the boy was murdered.  Then the school became the enablers.

My hope that the school loses is based on my desire to see the school have to take another look at "tolerance".  It is time for the bleeding heart queer lovers to realize that in the real world it is wrong and dangerous to encourage kids to come to school and flaunt their queerness.  

Kids are kids.  They will have the rest of their lives to be "who they are" after they graduate and move out into the world.  Their school years should be about practical education.  Part of that education must include that intelligent decisions to conform to societies expectations is not always a corruption of the soul.

Sometime or another we all give in to social normalities out of respect for society in general.    

Offline Jim

let me sort this out...

the parents are too useless to retain custody of this freakshow...
the parents want money...

does anyone know where John Edwards has been lately ? 
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Chris_

let me sort this out...

John Edwards is taking paternity leave until further notice.  Would you like to speak to one of his partners here at Shyster, Huckster and Fraud?

Offline thundley4

Here's a glowing review of the little fruit...with pic.

http://juvienation.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/the-murder-of-lawrence-king/

Lawrence didn’t have it easy at school. He wasn’t spared from the bullying that often accompanies those who come out at such a young age. And he didn’t have it easy at home, either. His parents, Greg and Dawn King, have been reticent in the wake of their son’s death, perhaps because they don’t care to explain why they had kicked him out of the house.

So his parents kicked him out of the house?  Apparently , the blame lies mostly with them for being unwilling to raise their child.

Offline Jim

let me sort this out...

John Edwards is taking paternity leave until further notice.  Would you like to speak to one of his partners here at Shyster, Huckster and Fraud?

Thanks, no.  If John is out then I'll call Lye, Cheatem and Steele.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

Offline Jim

Lawrence didn’t have it easy at school. He wasn’t spared from the bullying that often accompanies those who come out at such a young age. And he didn’t have it easy at home, either. His parents, Greg and Dawn King, have been reticent in the wake of their son’s death, perhaps because they don’t care to explain why they had kicked him out of the house.

So his parents kicked him out of the house?  Apparently , the blame lies mostly with them for being unwilling to raise their child.

kid never had a chance... too bad...

Offline jtyangel

The King execution was troubling for a number of reasons. His murder was generally ignored by mainstream press, even though it represented the first pre-meditated targeted school schooting of the 46 on record (since 1966). Public officials have been very reluctant to condemn this murder and anti-gay school violence. Lastly, Larry King was failed by his family (for removing him from his family), his school (for minimizing the known hostile feelings toward Larry), and the Oxnard Police Dept., who had prior notification that a violent attack on Larry was imminent. This amounts to deliberate indifference by the very institutions that should be protecting a vulnerable, innocent boy. Parents, school, and police. This was a crime, and many more than the shooter are guilty.

One of the comments...oh FFS talk about blaming anyone but who should get the blame.

A note on 'notification a violent attack was imminent'. Kids get told they are going to get their ass beat after school all the time by rivals. Most of the time those threats are hollow. If you were to take every hasty thing said in a high school hallway seriously you'd not only have most of the kids in the office in the course of a month, but you'd seperate the boys from the girls. :lmao:

The kid's death is a clusterf*ck. I certainly don't like the blog that paints him as anything more then what he was: a troubled kid who somewhere along the line got the fact that he was a little boy confused. He may have been glowing in other ways, but he was still troubled and didn't sound like a wilting flower regardless of that. He certainly didn't deserve to die, but part of being respectful runs both ways: if you want people to 'accept' that you are gay, then you also have to accept that other people are not and you don't openly 'crush' on a fella who isn't and likely(knowing the gays I have known) say sexually explicit things about them...you just don't. Again, respect. I've known quite a few gays who still need some schooling in sexual harassment as well since the rules of not being graphic and disgusting do not seem to apply to them it seems in the school or workplace. That, my friends, is bullshit!

ETA: that my whole point is that gay rights garbage and PC helped lead this young man to his death. He probably thought and was encouraged to say and do whatever he wanted in regards to his 'coming out'. That's just suicide in a high school, especially a high school for troubled kids. I agree with Undies on that. You have to bow to convention in some ways or you get eaten up by it if you are different. This young man should have been encouraged to focus on his studies and that when he was 18 he'd be free to 'express himself'. Someone could have also pointed out that he need not be flamboyant to 'be himself'.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:30:26 PM by jtyangel »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The victim and assailant were from troubled backgrounds. I have read the father Larry King is resentful of gay rights group being involved in this case. I have read that people are coming out earlier and earlier, now as early as 13. I mean for crying out loud, they are still kids and they don't know what their identity is.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

Does anyone else see the delicious irony in this?  Had the school told the kid to dress like the rest of his gender, the ACLU and GLAD folks would be howling at the moon that his "sexual preferences" were being "suppressed" by a government entity......now that the little pervert managed to get himself killed, the school is liable for letting him "express himself".......

You gotta love the lengths that liberals will warp logic to fit their goals......

doc

Not to mention holding everyone else responsible for the kids death and then suing them for it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"