Author Topic: Boehner Tells Glorious Comrade Leader "No To Taxes".  (Read 5076 times)

Offline CG6468

Re: Boehner Tells Glorious Comrade Leader "No To Taxes".
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »
Republicans will cave. Trust me.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »
Republicans will cave. Trust me.

No doubt. The current leadership holds all the cards yet --- it is literally chomping at the bit to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reid and McConnell expect to unveil debt-limit 'Plan B' next week

The proposal McConnell introduced would authorize President Obama to raise the debt limit by $2.5 trillion in three requests.

You just know ... that the proposed cuts will never happen and the marxist agenda will have another $2.5T to advance our nations fiscal collapse. How do you strike a deal with a pack of liars and expect them to hold up their side of the deal? These gutless repukes need to be sent packing with their friends, Barry and Reid.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline CG6468

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »
We are so screwed.

Who represents us? No one.  :mad:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 12:08:35 PM »
Here is what I would suggest:

Debt ceiling increase of 1 trillion for 6 months. In exchange, the President/Congress would have to make sizable cuts of half that amount or more in that period otherwise the debt ceiling would not be raised again. 10% cuts in pay for all Appointed Federal employees. 10% cuts in subsidies. Cuts in all Federal agencies. Cuts in foreign aid. Cuts in IMF and UN. Eliminate payments and pork barrel projects. This would just be a start but it would amount to real cuts that could be seen.

No new taxes. Entitlements cuts and tax increases are a hot potato. Like Trump said, Repubs are stupid to talk about it before the 012 elections. Wait till the Repubs take over the Presidency cause they will get hammered over this issue at election time.

I don't hold that much hope from Boehner and McConnell that we will get a half ass deal out of the compromise. Spending cuts promised off into to the future while Obama is out of office is just a pipe dream and rather idiotic. I got a feeling that is what is going to happen.     

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
The Great Charade

There is something surreal and unnerving about the so-called “debt ceiling” negotiations staggering on in Washington. In the real world, negotiations on an increase in one’s debt limit are conducted between the borrower and the lender. Only in Washington is a debt increase negotiated between two groups of borrowers.

Actually, it’s more accurate to call them two groups of spenders. >>> Nothing good is going to come from these ludicrously protracted negotiations over laughably meaningless accounting sleights-of-hand scheduled to kick in circa 2020. - Mark Steyn

I luv how Mark Steyn analyzes these things sometimes.

Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »
Had a thought about this earlier:
Imagine that your family, over the course of twenty years, has run up $9000 in debt. Father passes away, but income stays pretty much the same at about $21,000. The oldest child, 23, takes control of the family finances, and proceeds to run up another $5000 in debt in three months, then demands to know why the banks don't give him more money.

Any thoughts on whether that analogy fits?