Author Topic: Ludicrous speed, GO!!!!  (Read 10089 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Ludicrous speed, GO!!!!
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
Dark Helmet's command seems to be . . . appropriate here.

Dodge beats Ford, Chevy for fastest muscle-car ever with Challenger Hellcat

By Justin Hyde
7 hours ago
Motoramic

If Dodge seemed to have taken a pause in the past couple of years while the old muscle-car rivalry between the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro reached new heights, it's making up for lost time with a quickness. Hot on revealing the 707-hp (Muddy's note:  Yes, 'going plaid' is appropriate here.) Dodge Challenger Hellcat for 2015, Dodge came forth today with an official proclamation: The Challenger Hellcat is the fastest factory muscle car to ever sprint a quarter-mile. Put that in your tires and smoke it.

Only putting one paragraph in because the story is only three paragraphs long.  There's a video at the link, showing a drag race between a 1971 Challenger R/T Hemi and the 2015 Challenger Hellcat.  You've got to see it.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/dodge-beats-ford--chevy-for-fastest-muscle-car-ever-with-challenger-hellcat-153150501.html
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline catsmtrods

Re: Ludicrous speed, GO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 06:27:10 AM »
OK I want one!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Ludicrous speed, GO!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:09:48 PM »
Bitch, please...

I don't drive fast, I fly low...

:cheersmate:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus