Author Topic: If the Individual Mandate is Upheld.....  (Read 522 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
If the Individual Mandate is Upheld.....
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:51:51 PM »
Motown_Johnny (12,927 posts)

What is to stop some future (R) President from using that precedent to require everyone to purchase some form of retirement plan from a for profit corporation?

We buy health insurance because everyone gets ill. We buy retirement plans because everyone gets old. Same thing, right?

Bye Bye Social Security.....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002855966

I am amazed, typically DUmmies never think far ahead enough for it to occur to them that any abuse of power that comes from their side could also occur from the other side. Maybe this primitive will ponder what will happen if a repuke president were to decide to not enforce environmental laws.

sadbear (1,406 posts)
1. Interesting thought experiment.

I, too, would like to hear someone explain why this couldn't happen.

Have to watch this thread, looks like there is actually a little bit of thinking going on.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: If the Individual Mandate is Upheld.....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
Motown_Johnny (12,927 posts)

You should have thought of that before you went down this road, but you didn't.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »
MJ is obviously a mole. It has less than 13k posts. Hope it enjoyed its stay at DU.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
You should have thought of that before you went down this road, but you didn't.

It will be referred to as the "Obama Precedent." :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
MOLE TRAP!!

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.