Author Topic: What we haven't had in 20 years that we still need badly  (Read 733 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
What we haven't had in 20 years that we still need badly
« on: December 11, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »
wiggs (6,043 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212771718

What we haven't had in 20 years that we still need badly: a functioning, healthy, thoughtful
opposition party that serves the interests of the people. The GOP hasn't been that in a long time, but manages to convince enough people that it is. Dems govern, GOP campaigns

We are seeing the result.

So... life has sucked since Bill Clinton? There's irony for you...

Newest Reality (6,057 posts)

1. I concur with that totally...

Things are really out of balance with the GOP. They are regressive, manipulative and desperate and that does not make for a good opposition party--in our system, at least.

What kind of validity can you give to a party that is based on using fear and ignorance to influence and control its constituents? The GOP is becoming so obsolete under its own weight and ulterior motives that it even makes dinosaurs look like progressives.

We could have a better functioning system if your idea were to come to fruition. I am counting on the projected demographics and the sweeping changes of the Fourth Industrial Revolution to provide the momentum for that to come to pass. Today's GOP has tied a boulder to its legs as it swims in the ocean of change.

Meanwhile, we are seeing what looks like a frenzied, fervent, desperate grasping for power illegitimately as the signs of the death knell for the GOP. I take that as a sign then know their time is neigh and we should do everything we can to help them fade away.

:thatsright:

Star Member hedda_foil (13,780 posts)

2. It's what we haven't had since at least 1994, when Gingrich took over the House.

Girard442 (3,669 posts)

3. Nixon's "Southern Strategy" set the Republican Party on a collision course with demographics.

There would come a point (like, now) where their only choices would be to steal elections or lose them.

maxsolomon (20,466 posts)

4. Dems are the opposition party now.

I don't think America needs the GOP at all.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: What we haven't had in 20 years that we still need badly
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »
Quote from: ALL DUMMIES
What we haven't had in 20 years that we still need badly

I'll take sex with another human being for $1000, Alex.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »
The Rs started to move away from being lapdogs in 1999? I blame Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 06:32:17 PM »
What we need very badly right now is the elimination of a traitorous party that has been a traitorous party for 200 years.  The party that went to war with the USA not once but now twice.

We need the elimination of the democrat party BAMN.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 05:20:09 AM »
We need a clear choice between

A. A government that gives us everything we want

or

B. Getting everything we want from the government
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 08:12:12 AM »
Newest Reality (6,057 posts)

1. I concur with that totally...

Things are really out of balance with the GOP. They are regressive, manipulative and desperate and that does not make for a good opposition party--in our system, at least.

What kind of validity can you give to a party that is based on using fear and ignorance to influence and control its constituents?
Yeah!
Now here is commercial of Paul Ryan pushing an old person off of a cliff to show you what could happen if the GOP regain the house.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke