Author Topic: Poll: Who's next on the island gibbet  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Poll: Who's next on the island gibbet
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:59 PM »
Leave my mole alone, you haters!!1!
He's only there to be fair. Not that I'd think you guys would ever vote him off the island. :bawl:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
:lmao:

Yeah, I was kinda proud of that one...

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
If they wanted to be fair every time they abn someone they should also ban 1 black, 1 hispanic, 1 queer, 1 woman and 1/32 of a Native American.
I like where you're going with this. It's like balancing a canoe. If you unearth a mole, you Sugar Honey Ice Tea can a troll, and firewalk a seminole (minimum of 1/32nd). Is that too insensitive ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »
I dunno about y'all but i love me some gibbet gravy. /DU mode   :-)

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:23 PM »
Mineral Man or trumad.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »
In the immediate future, because of the iverglas banning, possibly one of the feminazis or twinkies will over-react and/or flame out.  But, they may go to their corners for awhile and let things simmer down.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the whole matter goes away.  Not that there's not others more than willing to pick up the banner that iverglas was upholding, but rather their squabbles finally attracted der Führer Skin's attention, and they don't want to suffer the same fate.  How they all bow down to him is so entertaining.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:50 AM »
It has to be Ban the GOP, this guy scream mole, for the life of me I dont know how he survived this long.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
Just a small reminder of her potential, and the blowback it can create:

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-16-11 09:09 PM
Original message
Ok I want you people to understand something right now

in a regular, every day quake, you got logistics issues... which translates into :

FOOD,
WATER
FUEL
MEDICAL SUPPLIES
TENTS.
DOGS
RESCUERS that can self maintain

yep the list familiar from many a quake and other disaster.

Here they also have people inside the exclusion zone. From a TRIAGE perspective it is not that people are afraid to go in there to get them. Just that going in will get more people killed... now or later... really does not matter.

As an Emergency Worker it gets to the point that you have to give up... and it might seem cruel... given thousands are still in the zone from what I can read... but this is the reality of it.

And typing this is hard, because these people LOOK healthy, can talk to you, and all that.

Radiation just adds all kinds of complications and if I were in charge of operations (which I am thankful I am not) after a similar event around oh San Onofre... yes I would have to write off people...

This is the way it is... cruel, cold yes... unfortunately the needs of the few do not override the needs of the many.. even if the few are a few thousand people.

Nor would I ask any crew member of mine to go in... with or without equipment. I would not ask that... either.

It goes without saying... NOBODY DESERVES THIS, but this is the very cold and bitchy reality.

Why I was hopping for these people, but as long as this goes on... yes somebody pretty high up has made that decision... and no, it has nothing to do with capitalism but all to do with TRIAGE. Oh and incidentally if I happened to be inside the exclusion zone... I pretty much expect to be left behind... that is the way it is.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x666804

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »
I think that we need some balance to keep the warring tribes happy with the big overlord...time for another ghey 'purge'.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
Who would possibly vote for poor stupid Beth?

As long as there's a Skins's island, poor stupid Beth is going to be on it.

I can't figure out why--given her shenanigans during the Scamdal seven years ago--and given that poor stupid Beth was at the time still a newbie--she should've been banned way back in 2005, after that hard hit, all that damage, she did to the good name and reputation of Skins's island.

She single-handedly turned Skins's island from a political message-board into a laughingstock, from which it's never recovered.

I could never figure out the "hold" poor stupid Beth has over my fellow alum Skins; it's not money, and it's not of a sexual nature.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:32 PM »
Perhaps Skimmer and the primatives find poor stupid Beth, to be amusing. :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
I vote Seabeyond.  She's always been a loon, but lately, she's dialed it up about 10 notches.  Unless she tones it down and quits alerting on every word that offends her delicate sensibilities, she'll get the boot. 

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Quote from: Nads
..Why I was hopping for these people..

That explains the earthquake, and why she would be left to fend for herself in the exclusion zone.