Author Topic: A DUer died last night  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: A DUer died last night
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
I also don't recognize the name but may she rest in peace and may her family find peace in this sad time.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »
Sorry when anyone dies, but enough's enough.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
Heartfelt condolences to the family of JanusAscending. I don't believe I ever saw her posts, but she sounds like a nice lady.  I hope her family and friends find peace as they say their goodbyes.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
I've never heard of the handle and considering what this forum is for that's not a bad thing at all. RIP JA and prayers sent.

Offline JustVisiting

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!  That was really nice of you. 

I want to apologize, too.  I get caught up in the "my team first" and I've written some things I feel bad about now that I realize you guys have read them. 

I think we do have at least one thing in common.  I believe you love this country.  I believe the DU'ers love this country, in spite of endless conversations about how to tinker with things to try to make things better.  I love this country. 

Thank you again for the invitation to stay, but I'd better not because I already get bitch-slapped all the time over at DU, and I think my head would explode if I had to take it from two message boards at the same time! :cheersmate: 

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
I've seen a few of her posts in some of the minor forums.  She seemed to have a loving soul.  How sad for her loved ones.

May she have painless peace now and be surrounded by the love of God.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »

I want to apologize, too.  I get caught up in the "my team first" and I've written some things I feel bad about now that I realize you guys have read them. 

I think we do have at least one thing in common.  I believe you love this country.  I believe the DU'ers love this country, in spite of endless conversations about how to tinker with things to try to make things better.  I love this country. 

Thank you again for the invitation to stay, but I'd better not because I already get bitch-slapped all the time over at DU, and I think my head would explode if I had to take it from two message boards at the same time! :cheersmate: 

sorry to hear about your friend. I wish you would stick around. You could post in the non political threads.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »
My thoughts, prayers and most sincere condolences go out to her family and loved ones. Two and 4 footed.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
May she RIP and Prayers for the family.

See how easy that was DUmmies? NO grave dancing will take place at CC.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1118381

RIP, JA. 
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
I'm a DU'er just visiting and I wanted to say a heartfelt "thank you" for the decency and compassion shown in this thread.  You are right, grave dancing  is never classy or right.  I speak out against it when I see it. 
I guess I should go away now. 

Don't go away.  We have plenty of room for dissenting opinions. 
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »
Prayers go out to the family.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 03:56:30 PM »

Thank you again for the invitation to stay, but I'd better not because I already get bitch-slapped all the time over at DU, and I think my head would explode if I had to take it from two message boards at the same time!
:cheersmate: 
:tongue: :cheersmate:

Martin Luther

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 03:58:39 PM »
:tongue: :cheersmate:

Psst.  Check out the Introduction forum.  :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
Condolences to friends & family of the departed.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
Sorry when anyone dies, but enough's enough.

Got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, did we?  :tongue:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
BTW... may the family and friends find comfort in their time of loss.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »
Hard thing to go through. I was "I I" that close to going through it with my old man, and about 5 years ago, I lost a dear friend. Hurts veryi bad.

R.I.P to JA, and my most heartfelt thoughts, and prayers to family, and friends of hers.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »
I read a few of her posts in the past.  She was one of the more "reasonable" DUmmies at DU.

Prayers to the family in their time of loss. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.