Author Topic: Who's Responsible for Gas Prices?  (Read 671 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Who's Responsible for Gas Prices?
« on: June 24, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002851900

Quote from: louis c

Who's Responsible for Gas Prices?

Last edited Sun Jun 24, 2012, 07:53 PM USA/ET -
Edit history (2)

See the differences between "Us" and "Them"?

When gas prices rose, it was all the talk. Every Obama basher on TV, Radio and in the press blamed President Obama for the increase in gas prices. Just a couple of months ago, the price was approaching $4.00 a gallon with dire predictions of $5.00 a gallon gas during the peak Summer driving months. Obama was surely to blame, as he vetoed the Key Stone pipeline deal. He over regulated the oil industry. Prices had doubled since he took office, and prices at the pump were getting worse. It was all Obama's fault.

The reality of the situation, we argued, was that no amount of drilling would have a dramatic or immediate effect on gas prices. It is a global market, set by global supply and demand. Demand was never lower in 10 years in the US, and supply was never greater than now. The President, any President, has very little to do with short term gas price increases (or decreases). In fact, rather than the prices increasing under Obama, they were holding steady, as the price of a gallon of gas was $4.10 a gallon in June of 2008, a true indicator. The low price of $1.87 a gallon in January of 2009 was a result of the depth's of the "Great Recession" and huge decreases in global demand as speculation was that we may not have a world economy that recovered for years and demand would continue to decrease.

Now, the prices have dropped considerably from just two months ago. Those dire predictions have been exposed as the political rhetoric they were. Yet, we remain silent. What remains is the same old "heads they win" and "tails we tie" game. In other words, just like the stock market, if things get better, it just happens. If things get worse, it's all Obama's fault. They never pay a PR price for their bullshit.

It's as if they rob a bank and don't get caught, they get to keep the money. But if they get caught, all they have to do is give the money back and we forget about it. They can't lose.

We shouldn't let them get away with it. And by "them", I mean all the Obama haters in the media or holding public office.

Link;
http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/24/12385891-gas-prices-drop-15-cents-in-the-last-2-weeks?lite

..And not a single word about 'Oil Speculators' -- did they just cease to be - as if they never existed - the way Pogs vanished after the mid '90s ?  The world may never know...  :whatever:

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: Who's Responsible for Gas Prices?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »
When Bush was president, it was all his fault. This speculator crap, and supply and demand crap, never came about until Obama became president. At which point they also started with the: "There is nothing a President can do about gas prices".

I don't remember ever hearing a MSM bash Obama for the high prices. But I do remember is MSNBC with the national average ticker on their screen and nightly report about how bad it is. I also remember Nancy Pelosi and her minions standing in front of a gas station and having a press conference about the prices. And surely remember how since Obama has been President, you haven't heard a peep out of them!

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »
As usual they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. When prices are high, it has nothing to do with 0bama, when prices start to drop then all praise 0bama.  Meanwhile we haven't changed our position, 0bama and his EPA are still trying to crucify the oil companies and they are still wasting money with green energy that will go bust before too long. If 0bama were to change his policies and start allowing us to use the energy supplies we have then he will get some kudos from me, until then I will continue to complain about his policies. The DUmmies still are clueless why WV is bailing on Barry, he and his EPA are actively destroying their way of life. The only thing they can come up with in their tiny minds is that WV is full of racists.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
One of the DUmmys gets it....

longship (11,939 posts)

4. Rachel said it perfectly; Petroleum is fungible.

It doesn't matter where it is pumped out of the ground because it's all going to go on the world petroleum market anyway.

I think gas prices are lowering because of strictly economic conditions. The world is in recession so people are using less petroleum. That drives the price down.

Econ 101!

Of course this fact will fly right over the average DUmmy's head.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
This is easy for the 0baots and DUchebags.

If gas prices go up it has nothing to do with 0bama.

If gas prices go down it is all due to the brilliance of 0bama.

Just like everything else: bad = someone else's fault, good = all 0bama's doing. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
As usual they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. When prices are high, it has nothing to do with 0bama, when prices start to drop then all praise 0bama.  Meanwhile we haven't changed our position, 0bama and his EPA are still trying to crucify the oil companies and they are still wasting money with green energy that will go bust before too long. If 0bama were to change his policies and start allowing us to use the energy supplies we have then he will get some kudos from me, until then I will continue to complain about his policies. The DUmmies still are clueless why WV is bailing on Barry, he and his EPA are actively destroying their way of life. The only thing they can come up with in their tiny minds is that WV is full of racists.

If it keeps them libural sumbeeches out of WV, the so be it.  We're racists, by GOD!   
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.