Author Topic: U.N. Nuke Agency Warns Monitoring Of Iran Hampered  (Read 3224 times)

Offline thundley4

U.N. Nuke Agency Warns Monitoring Of Iran Hampered
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:03:07 PM »
AP article.  Iran is thwarting investigators, nothing new there.

Iran paying Taliban to kill US troops.

Barack Obama "may be prepared to meet with Iranian President".

We have a stupid ass posing as president.

Offline cavegal

Re: U.N. Nuke Agency Warns Monitoring Of Iran Hampered
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »
SHOCKING JUST SHOCKING.....I never would have thought this....... :sarcasm: By the way when Iran does nuke Israel will the UN formally release a oh we are sad memo, or show their true colors and express glee and happiness?

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »
SHOCKING JUST SHOCKING.....I never would have thought this....... :sarcasm: By the way when Iran does nuke Israel will the UN formally release a oh we are sad memo, or show their true colors and express glee and happiness?

They'll probably let the "modern day Hitler", the dictator from Iran, have center stage and let him spew his Islamic bullshit. And then have his buddies, Chavez and Ghaddiffi follow up!!! :bird: :censored: :censored:

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »
Absent a draft I don't believe we have the force projection to stop them.

Given the situation in Iraq with a large Shia population and the border with Afghanistan, I think we've kind of boxed in our options.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:06:10 AM »
Absent a draft I don't believe we have the force projection to stop them.

Given the situation in Iraq with a large Shia population and the border with Afghanistan, I think we've kind of boxed in our options.

The draft is a dumb idea that only a liberal would come up with. Is that you?

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:18:39 AM »
Worked in 1941. Or are you planning another 10 year police action as opposed to total war.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »
Worked in 1941. Or are you planning another 10 year police action as opposed to total war.

It is working now. The volunteer force has a far superior quality of soldiers than those 60 years ago. Are you really that stupid.

I was in the service during the draft prior to V.N. Thousands were kicked out with dumb dumb discharges when the Army decided to reduce forces in 1958. I saw many soldiers that I would not want to go into battle with. What is your military experience.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:41:17 AM »
It is working now. The volunteer force has a far superior quality of soldiers than those 60 years ago. Are you really that stupid.

I was in the service during the draft prior to V.N. Thousands were kicked out with dumb dumb discharges when the Army decided to reduce forces in 1958. I saw many soldiers that I would not want to go into battle with. What is your military experience.

I do not think we have the boots on the ground for an Iranian occupation.  We didn't for an Iraqi occupation or an Afghani occupation.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »
I do not think we have the boots on the ground for an Iranian occupation.  We didn't for an Iraqi occupation or an Afghani occupation.

Fine and dandy, sir.  But the question was:
What is your military experience.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »

I'm not so sure that we'd be alone in providing "boots on the ground" in Iran.  There have been several other Arab states that have quietly spoken out against the current Iranian regime. I think that if Iran finally did something provocative enough, that some of those states would offer assistance.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:17:43 AM »

This what I HATE about talking "modern day" war. Let's drop our leave-lets, let them, the civilians, know we are coming, drop some BIG bombs, call it a day. After all, Iran does know that what they are doing with their nuclear program is not right, correct???
War isn't supposed to be pretty. People die. I'm sick and tired of our troops coming home in body bags or injured/crippled because of those stupid ROE, (rules of engagement)!! That's ****in' retarded. We have the most advanced weaponry in the world and yet, we send our troops into "hand to hand" combat with these cave dwelling people!! Enough is enough!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 11:39:15 AM »
Jake's actually right about the force projection issue, we can bomb about anything in particular we want to in Iran, but sending in a large-scale ground force is basically out of the question.  Of course, thanks to the unmolested despotism in Iran and the brilliant intelligence decisions made by Jimmy Carter and Stansfield Turner thirty-odd years ago, Iran is a black hole as far as any HUMINT on targeting goes, so the prospects of fully taking out their program versus just damaging it and setting it back for awhile are not that good with bombers alone.   

There are numerous reasons why conscription would not improve the situation, but I'll leave it with that so nobody falls asleep reading the extended-play version.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
Jake's actually right about the force projection issue, we can bomb about anything in particular we want to in Iran, but sending in a large-scale ground force is basically out of the question.  Of course, thanks to the unmolested despotism in Iran and the brilliant intelligence decisions made by Jimmy Carter and Stansfield Turner thirty-odd years ago, Iran is a black hole as far as any HUMINT on targeting goes, so the prospects of fully taking out their program versus just damaging it and setting it back for awhile are not that good with bombers alone.   

There are numerous reasons why conscription would not improve the situation, but I'll leave it with that so nobody falls asleep reading the extended-play version.

Iran has us in a pretty interesting situation.

I'm pretty sure the Persians aren't stupid.  I'd have IED's manufactured and distributed for any land force occupation and I'd also have them ready to be exported on a minutes notice in large quantities to Iraq and Afghanistan.  Than I'd find a cave and see if I could wait it out.

Essentially between the Afghans to the west and the Shiite Iraqis to the East and Iran in the middle I would just suicide bomb and IED our forces till we cried uncle.

I don't think we could combat that without 1,000,000 troops and heavy casualties initially.   I don't think the public has the appetite for either.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
Iran has us in a pretty interesting situation.
I don't think we could combat that without 1,000,000 troops and heavy casualties initially.

That's why we drop the bombs and get it over with once and for all. This war wouldn't just destabilize the Middle East, it disrupts us in the U.S. as well.
No more troops in body bags or coming home injured or maimed. Hand to hand combat will not work over there. It's been proven it doesn't in Iraq and Afghanistan already.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 04:43:08 PM »
That's why we drop the bombs and get it over with once and for all. This war wouldn't just destabilize the Middle East, it disrupts us in the U.S. as well.
No more troops in body bags or coming home injured or maimed. Hand to hand combat will not work over there. It's been proven it doesn't in Iraq and Afghanistan already.

We open up an interesting situation with Russia and China if we adopt a first strike Nuclear policy.

Got your bunker.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »

Sure we did. We just didn't send them because it would cause a political stink, and then we repeated the mistake of Afghanistan and insisted on a rotation system rather than keeping troops int he field until the warwas complete. We did more damage to the forces by sending them back four and five times than keeping them there until the end.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
Sure we did. We just didn't send them because it would cause a political stink, and then we repeated the mistake of Afghanistan and insisted on a rotation system rather than keeping troops int he field until the warwas complete. We did more damage to the forces by sending them back four and five times than keeping them there until the end.

That I fully agree with, wars last shorter durations when the troops stay in the field till the war is over.  Sending people back and forth is unfair to families, the troops, and is a bad strategy. 

Offline true_blood

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
We open up an interesting situation with Russia and China if we adopt a first strike Nuclear policy.

Got your bunker.

Very true. Either way, it's not going to be good any nation.  :banghead: :banghead:
I don't what should be done with this situation? We can't allow Iran to have nukes. All the other nations in that region will be in a rat race to have nukes as well. Now that,.........is one scary situation for sure. :o :o

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »
Very true. Either way, it's not going to be good any nation.  :banghead: :banghead:
I don't what should be done with this situation? We can't allow Iran to have nukes. All the other nations in that region will be in a rat race to have nukes as well. Now that,.........is one scary situation for sure. :o :o

Give nukes to the Saudis and let the family feud from 1400 years ago play-out