Author Topic: Question about cupcakes  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Question about cupcakes
« on: January 13, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »
Can you use a regular cake recipe to make cupcakes, just not cook as long?  I have a great recipe for carrot cake, and I was wondering if I could just use that and make cupcakes instead.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Question about cupcakes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
yes. I assume your recipe is made from scratch? If so, make it like you normally would and put it in a cupcake pan. Just watch the cooking time. If it's a box mix, it will tell you on the back how long to cook for cupcakes.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »
yes. I assume your recipe is made from scratch? If so, make it like you normally would and put it in a cupcake pan. Just watch the cooking time. If it's a box mix, it will tell you on the back how long to cook for cupcakes.

Thanks DixieBelle.  I'm bringing it to work, so I thought that cupcakes would be better than a regular cake. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:29:56 PM »
Mmmm...cupcakes!!!!

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »
I make a really awesome carrot cake.  My co-worker's birthday was last Thursday and he loves carrot cake.  He's been meaning to give me money to bake him one.  But then today I thought that cupcakes might be nice and faster to make than the whole cake, plus I can use sprinkles.
Stink Eye

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40:05 PM »
It will be a hit! Food always goes over well at work. Esp. baked goodies.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »
That I'm not worried about.  They know if I bring it in, it's delicious.   :-)

I'll just have to watch carefully on the baking time.  My oven cooks slower than what I'm used to. 
Stink Eye

Offline redwhit

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
That I'm not worried about.  They know if I bring it in, it's delicious.   :-)

I'll just have to watch carefully on the baking time.  My oven cooks slower than what I'm used to. 

If that's the case, you may want to boost the heat by 50 degrees or so - don't want yummy carrot cupcakes to dry out in the oven.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
Made the cupcakes.  I've learned that I can fill up the cups more since carrot cake doesn't really "rise." 

They turned out well, and I got to use sprinkles. :)
Stink Eye