Author Topic: My 15 year old asked me my thoughts on Trump's COVID diagnosis  (Read 881 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
My 15 year old asked me my thoughts on Trump's COVID diagnosis
« on: October 07, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »
DemUnleashed (138 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214235277

Just now before my son left for school, he came over to me and said "Mom, I know you hate Trump but you don't want him to die because he got COVID, do you?"

Now how the hell am I supposed to answer that?? I didn't want to send the message to my kid that human life doesn't matter and that you should never wish harm on anyone and I would be a horrible human being if I was fine with someone dying and on and on with those types of thoughts

So I just said "No, I don't want him to die" and I left off the part that I don't want him to die because I want him to suffer with the damage that COVID can do to you if you survive, that I want him to see Biden win, that I want him to see Republicans down the ballot losing big time, that I want to see him prosecuted and go to jail, that I want him to see his family go to jail

How horrible of a mom would he think he had if I had said all those things, so I didn't!

I'm curious....how do you suggest I should have answered his question? Have any of you been in a similar predicament?

:mental:

Rice4VP (238 posts)

1. I don't want him dead, I just want him voted out, broke, and in prison.   

Star Member PJMcK (13,521 posts)

2. I didn't have that problem with my 24-year old son

He hates Trump more than I do!

Star Member panader0 (20,930 posts)

3. "I don't want him to die from covid. I want him to die from old age in prison."

Star Member BumRushDaShow (67,649 posts)

8. One of my youngest nieces will be that age in 4 months

They aren't stupid. She and most of her friends cried (literally - I was really surprised) when Hillary lost, and they were 11/12 at the time. I won't even detail how they feel about what is going on now. However my niece is also a little empath. She can't help it. She absorbs and internalizes all the pain that her friends may experience due to others who bully them. So it's a matter of how that child reacts to analogous situations and amazingly enough, that trait starts when they are little.

It will take years of "life" for them to understand the nuances of the complexities of the concept, but it also goes back to whether they are "hard-wired" for empathy or not. You can teach it and preach it but if their brain has no reaction to inflicting "pain" on others, whether physically or psychologically, there is not much you can do but try to guide them into another perspective.

:thatsright:

Star Member MontanaMama (14,592 posts)

9. My 15 year old son and I talk about MF45 a lot.

The kiddo is well aware of my feelings about what a terrible person the pResident Our conversations center around telling the truth about what we see happening and doing the right thing even when you see so many others doing and saying things that hurt others. We talk about being patient and kind and sometimes we get righteously mad over our current circumstances with Covid and how it has caused such havoc in our lives with work and school. Specifically, when it comes to MF45’s Covid diagnosis, our conversations have been about consequences for our actions. tRump took risks and didn’t listen to science and he got sick. He may have gotten sick enough to die...time will tell. As my kiddo said...”tRump bought the ticket, now he’s got to take the ride.”

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: My 15 year old asked me my thoughts on Trump's COVID diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 09:47:25 AM »
F*ck the Wuhan Flu.

They should all consider themselves lucky to be alive as there was no mention of how these "children" of liberal parents survived the most dangerous and deadly environment on planet earth.... a liberal mothers womb.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
And your kid's opinion has as much bearing as carter's:

'I think to close out this discussion, I think it would be better to put into perspective what we are talking about. I had a discussion with our daughter, Amy, the other day before I came here to ask her what the most important issue was. She said she thought it was nuclear weaponry, and the control of nuclear arms,' Carter said.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
How horrible of a mom would he think he had if I had said all those things, so I didn't!

That ship has already sailed when your 15 year old said he knows you already hate President Trump. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
DemUnleashed (138 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214235277

Just now before my son left for school, he came over to me and said "Mom, I know you hate Trump but you don't want him to die because he got COVID, do you?"

Now how the hell am I supposed to answer that?? ...

Two of my children were that age at different points in Clinton's MalAdministration. They wouldn't have used the word "Hate", because they knew I didn't hate Clinton, but that detail aside, had Clinton gotten sick with a potentially deadly disease I would have easily answered, "Of course I don't want Clinton to die of this!"

Hatred is the core of many/most DU-folks being.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 11:20:37 AM »
Very clever DUmp op.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 01:20:56 PM »
I didn't want to send the message to my kid that human life doesn't matter and that you should never wish harm on anyone and I would be a horrible human being if I was fine with someone dying and on and on with those types of thoughts
And yet, that's exactly the message that your side sends. The left proclaims "words matter", but they don't practice what they preach. People are hurt when the left pathologizes Trump supporters, claims that the president is sympathetic to racists, that he claimed coronavirus is a hoax, that neo-NAZIs are hiding around every corner, that policemen are "klansmen in blue", that republicans are going to take your social security and health insurance, and so on.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 02:30:06 PM »
Quote from:
BumRushDaShow

One of my youngest nieces will be that age in 4 months. She and most of her friends cried (literally - I was really surprised) when Hillary lost, and they were 11/12 at the time.

All future welfare dependents.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 11:48:19 PM »
I would love to hear gNad's take on this.
I sure miss reading about the loud round mound schooling the
unwashed primitives on Skimmer's island.  :bawl:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
Star Member BumRushDaShow (67,649 posts)

8. One of my youngest nieces will be that age (15) in 4 months

They aren't stupid.
Same group of people who thought snacking on Tide Pods was a good idea.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 07:08:32 PM »
I would love to hear gNad's take on this.
I sure miss reading about the loud round mound schooling the
unwashed primitives on Skimmer's island.  :bawl:

She's on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nadin.brzezinski   I don't visit her page very often. Just when I need a few laughs. She actually has a few acolytes there so she gets to say "yup" a lot. Here some nad-takes...

It has been a death cult for a while. This did not surprise me

The president of the US is a madman

If enough of us vote, and I think we will, we can fix it. But it won't be easy
I expect a landslide
VOTE, as if your life depends on it, because it does

When Don Jr sounds normal. Incidentally, this is the shit that can humanize a president. and yes, steroids can do that, and they do this even worse with elderly patients

There are some more shots from our vacation in Mexico City. Tom took the photos, and for those who love photography, we did not take the fancy DSLrs, we took a simple 610 Point and Shoot. You really can take great shots with a point and shoot too.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 09:20:10 AM »
Hatred is the core of many/most DU-folks being.

I find this behavior among the DUmpasses somewhat interesting, yet pitiful.
My boys are teenagers at this point. One of them wants to talk politics frequently, the other is mostly either uninterested, or just keeps things to himself as he tends to steer away from complex issues that may lead to arguing... he's mostly a passive type. I never engage with them regarding general politics, especially the "this candidate sucks because..." type of conversations or even casual comments.
We talk about ethics in general, explain this v/s that concepts, why some things work and others are pie in the sky dreams... etc.
No, kids this age aren't dumb, but they completely lack the wisdom that real life compiles for us, whether we like it or not, through time and experience. We don't talk republican v/s democrat or any other such nonsense. We focus on freedoms, rights, Constitution, law, and overall civility. And all of these topics, nearly without exception, build a solid, law-abiding, and civil conservative who recognizes the rights of others as being equal to his own.
We aren't into brainwashing our kids, even with religion... we want them informed about life, and we want them to make their own decisions eventually, but based on real life logic and reason. Only more time will tell if this is a proper approach, but in the end, we want them to be comfortable with what they believe and support, and not just "dad said so"... which eventually leads them to question everything later down the road.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »
As Nazi Germany, the USSR, and China (etc.) demonstrated and demonstrate, it's one thing to know you are being fed BS and another to know what is true. US MSM aren't government controlled, but they are world-view, mindset, and peer-dependency mono-vocal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.