Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Attacks Police and Firefighters for Contributing Nothing to the Ec  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
47of74 (5,627 posts)

Rush Limbaugh Attacks Police and Firefighters for Contributing Nothing to the Economy

That fat blowhard just suggested that public servants do not contribute to the economy;

But now we know where Obama gets his economic advice from. Look, as nice as they are to have — teaching jobs, firemen, policemen — they are all paid for with money out of the private sector. They are paid for with tax revenue from citizens. They cut into the amount of money left for private sector. They don't grow the number of private sector jobs, they reduce them. Now, I've gotta very careful here. Because nobody's against teachers or firemen or cops. But those are public sector jobs.

Look at the way these people think.

They're combining two things here: A, the never-ending appeal to tax revenue for firemen, cops, and teachers. That is the education of your kids and the safety you and your house and your family. And they're trying to say that those jobs are being cut and now we're not safe and your kids aren't being educated. And that's because the private sector's been too selfish and too greedy and so forth. (pause) Look, folks, this is where I have to be very careful. Nobody's opposed to cops or firefighters or teachers.

But they aren't private sector jobs. They do not contribute to economic growth. Their purpose is otherwise. They have an entirely different purpose: Public safety, public education, this kind of thing. But there's no growth in the economy. If you add those jobs — and if there aren't other types of private sector jobs added while at the same time we're adding to the fire rolls and the cop rolls and teachers — we are reducing the size of the private sector. This is Marxism 101. It's also Ignorance and Sophistry 101.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002797995

Once again Rush says something they can't argue against.

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (5,669 posts)
1. Of course if his house was torched

he'd be singing a different song.

No, because even if they saved his house from a fire, the money to pay them still comes out of the economy. You fools don't get his point as always. He wasn't saying that they are bad people, he was just saying that their jobs don't add to private sector growth.

rurallib (28,287 posts)
4. exactly - his contribution to society is what?

alimony is all I got.
filthy rich parasite.

He pays more in taxes in one year than most of us will see in a lifetime.

girl gone mad (20,056 posts)
5. What does he think happens to the money paid to public employees?

Does he think it just vanishes?

Most of it gets put back into the economy, but just like food stamps it is money taken out of the economy just to be partially put back in, therefore there is no positive gain from them spending that money.

Dawson Leery (6,088 posts)
6. Many police listen to Rush and his kind.

I wonder what they must be thinking now that right wing hate radio has thrown them under the bus.

They probably are smarter than you and understood what his point was.

OrwellwasRight (2,219 posts)
7. He's right.

Who needs children that can grow up into adults who can read? Who needs laws enforced? Who needs fires put out? Nope, none of that stuff contributes to the success or failure of the economy. Whatsoever.     

------

OK, can I wake up from this nightmare now god? Can all the years since 2000 be like that dream season on Dallas when Bobby was dead and we can just wake up and people are not so ****ing pathetic anymore??? Please???????????

He never said that they don't have an important role, he simply was saying they don't bring economic growth.

For such nuanced people they don't grasp simple concepts very well.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
::)

You retards are retarded.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Rush, and the right tend to be more supportive of police and firefighters, but he was right, they don't create jobs, and the public through their taxes support them, and we can't afford to have them retire at 50 years old at 90% pay. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
::)

You retards are retarded.

They are willfully ignorant, if they were retarded they would have an excuse. 
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

rurallib (28,287 posts)
4. exactly - his contribution to society is what?

alimony is all I got.
filthy rich parasite.

Is this going to be an idiotic made up "War On Police" by you desperate people? Rush had police officers calling into the show saying they support him, they are not stupid. Unlike you DUmmies.

You ask "What does Rush contribute to society?".   Beside all of the millions in taxes he pays that I'm sure pays to support most of DU, here are a couple of examples of how he is a much better person than you: 

He raises money every year with a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Cure-A-Thon.  He started off this years drive with $400k of his own money, then spends the whole day raising money for the cause. He raised over $3.3 million this year (previous year $3 million with a personal donation of $500k ) from us knuckle draggers.  Since 1989 he has raised well over $30 million from him and us repukes.

Also proceeds from the sale of his "Two If By Tea" goes to to The Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation which is:

The Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation is certified as one of America's best charities and provides assistance to the children of United States marines and federal law enforcement personnel who were killed on duty or died under extraordinary circumstances while serving our country.

In what way are you DUmmies an asset to the country? 

Offline thundley4

Is this going to be an idiotic made up "War On Police" by you desperate people? Rush had police officers calling into the show saying they support him, they are not stupid. Unlike you DUmmies.

You ask "What does Rush contribute to society?".   Beside all of the millions in taxes he pays that I'm sure pays to support most of DU, here are a couple of examples of how he is a much better person than you: 

He raises money every year with a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Cure-A-Thon.  He started off this years drive with $400k of his own money, then spends the whole day raising money for the cause. He raised over $3.3 million this year (previous year $3 million with a personal donation of $500k ) from us knuckle draggers.  Since 1989 he has raised well over $30 million from him and us repukes.

Also proceeds from the sale of his "Two If By Tea" goes to to The Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation which is:

In what way are you DUmmies an asset to the country? 

DUmmies are a huge anchor dragging the country down.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Ok lets break this down Barney style for the DUmmies...

Private sector are: Car salesmen, bank executives, insurance salesmen, doctors, fast food workers, oil field workers, coal miners, construction workers, architects, cooks, waiters, travel agents, pilots, truck drivers etc etc

Private sector jobs are not: Firefighters, policemen, teachers, military, game wardens, forestry service, FBI, CIA, DEA.

The second list are all public sector jobs at the local state or federal level.

The fact that you morons don't know the difference shows that you've been living off the public trough your entire miserable lives and could tell a real paycheck from your welfare check if it jumped up and smacked you.

It also shows your dear leader doesn't know the difference either.

No wonder you DUmmies follow him so blindly and take everything he falsely states as the gospel.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline catsmtrods

Can they or anybody name a Govt dept other than IRS that profits?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"