Author Topic: Obama to axe return to moon.  (Read 4055 times)

Offline ironhorsedriver

Obama to axe return to moon.
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:31:22 AM »
Obama plans to axe the moon mission and the equipment required to do so. He instead wants NASA to concentrate on, "Climate Change", missions. I guess space will soon be a Chinese playground.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-no-moon-for-nasa-20100126,0,6969808.story

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Obama to axe return to moon.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
and we continue to lose when it comes to the "space race". IMO, we should have had a base on the moon by now and even been to Mars. I'm pretty disillusioned that we haven't had a manned landing on Mars to date. Some other country will go down in history making that happen instead of the good ol' USA.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »
Not surprising since so many on the left view space exploration as a waste of money.  They disregard all the benefits that we have attained from developments brought about by space technology.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
Not surprising since so many on the left view space exploration as a waste of money.  They disregard all the benefits that we have attained from developments brought about by space technology.

Not surprising at all!  Obama doesn't have the Right Stuff, and never will.   
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:46 AM »
Hell, modern day computers are a derivative from the Space program.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
Not surprising at all!  Obama doesn't have the Right Stuff, and never will.   

0Bama has the Wright Stuff, and that is the problem.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »
0Bama has the Wright Stuff, and that is the problem.

By now you guys should know how I feel about the space program. I feel we should explore earth first.

It has been 30 years since we did the impossible, landed on the moon.  Why did we just STOP there and not head out for Mars.?

What is everyone afraid of finding out there.? Those crazy capsules the first astronauts went up in are on display in DC.    Insane if you ask me that 30 years ago men climbed in and rode a bomb to the moon and returned alive.  The astronauts  are a different breed from every day folk.  All this using a slide rule.   

So why the abrupt stop in our program, sure was not money or lack of scientific minds.

One whole generation after super human feats to be the [ Bear that went over the mountain to see what he could see]  ------   we still hunker down on our rock as the Chinese have gotten wanderlust.

We have to decide what is more important to human life, war and misery or working together to solve earths problems and at the same time to see what is outside our back yard.

What are we so afraid of, we have the technology to explore, we have the super men and woman willing to risk life and limb. 

Could it be the religious of the world that are afraid perhaps they are threatend by us going out in search of God.?

The super moneyed people that fear a big hit in the pocket book if we loose a few missions due to some accident.?

The average man on the street of any country who cares about their immediate needs and desires.

What ever--for some reason the moon missions ended a long time ago,   WHY, who decided we were to go no further.?

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »
Obumbler drops the ball yet again and surrenders the US scientific lead in space to throw money onto the alter of voodoo cracksmoke. I wonder if any of his "supporters" now see him for what he truly is?

Nawww they're just as stupid as he is.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »
I'm disappointed that the US will not be at the point of Space Exploration for the foreseeable future. However; I'm gratified to know that it will continue. I just hope they are as open as we are.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »
That blows.  It'd make a whole lot more sense to invest in keeping our best and brightest tech talent employed than all the bullshit 'Green jobs' and Stimupork crap our money will really get wasted on instead.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
Manned flight for the US is done until Lord Zero is gone from office.  The left has always complained about the waste of money spent on space exploration of any kind.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »
It's ok.We can send up our intellegence satts on a Chinese rocket.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 07:26:23 PM »
It's ok.We can send up our intellegence satts on a Chinese rocket.

So, I guess it was a good thing that Clinton gave the Chinese that missile guidance technology. He was only looking out for our future best interests at the time.