Author Topic: Raises for the Rulers  (Read 1754 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: Raises for the Rulers
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »
I noticed there is a raise in there for John Boehner, er, I mean The Speaker of The House.  The timing looks like a bribe.  :fuelfire:

Online Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
All during the campaign you heard Obama saying he stood for the middle class, yet gives no raise for us in the middle class.  Only raises for non working bureaucrats  :bird:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Baby Shampoo

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
Republicans in congress should show the Rats that we have principles by not accepting this pay raise.

Offline Karin

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
I really don't know how any of them can sleep at night.  I don't know what to say, I'm so disgusted. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
I really don't know how any of them can sleep at night.  I don't know what to say, I'm so disgusted. 

They're the Kommissars. We're the proles.  What's not to get.  They sleep quite comfortably at night.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
My stepson's girlfriend, 20 years old, is one of those incredibly idealistic, naive, and überliberals that just make you cringe when you hear them talk. She thinks Mother Jones is a publication sanctioned by God (if she actually believed in one).

She's a good kid, just completely suckered in by the Austin, TX liberal community.

At any rate, she is working toward a degree in "public policy" which is, of course, just a euphemism for "politics." She adores the idea of going to any place where somebody is making decisions that affect tens of thousands or millions of lives.

One thing that simply puzzles me.

Why are people attracted to power like that? What makes them think they will have the answers?

To her credit, she's going to be working an internship for state rep Todd Hunter (R). She claims to be interested in how the "other side" thinks. Meh.

But this is how these critters get into the political elite class. They go to school, get their law degrees, and start in local politics, always looking ahead for the next opportunity.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.