Author Topic: Howard Dean dusts off his scream  (Read 377 times)

Offline Delmar

Howard Dean dusts off his scream
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:00:12 PM »
Fri Sep 4, 2020, 03:11 PM
Star Member Kingofalldems (32,597 posts)

Howard Dean on Trump's comments:

My brother was captured in Laos in September of 1974 and executed by the North Vietnamese on December 14, 1974. **** you, Donald Trump.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214023358

Howard Dean came a little unglued there.  That might be understandable to some since there have been people going off on the president all day thinking that he called their relatives who died in wars losers or suckers.  But Dean's brother didn't die fighting in a war, he was killed after being captured while on vacation...in Laos.  Who the hell goes on vacation in Laos in the early 1970s?

Dean is shameless, but how are the primitives going to feel when they find out that they've been bamboozled?

For those of you who don’t know this story, Charlie was captured in Laos and executed in 1974 but he wasn’t serving in the U.S. military at the time. He was in Laos on vacation.

From CNN in 2003 when his remains were identified and sent back to the U.S.:

The candidate’s younger brother, Charles Dean, and Australian Neil Sharman were killed in Laos in September 1974, according to a statement from the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command.

The two were civilians and not associated with Vietnam War-era combat operations going on in the region at the time, the statement said. The remains were to be identified at a lab in Hawaii.

Now, we get that Howard hates Trump, but Dean’s tweet certainly makes it sound like Charlie was killed fighting for the U.S. in the war and that’s not true
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/04/howard-dean-curses-out-president-trump-notes-his-brothers-death-in-laos-in-1974/

Looks like a case of Stolen Valor by Proxy to me.

Response to Kingofalldems (Original post)Fri Sep 4, 2020, 03:13 PM
Star Member Pachamama (15,102 posts)
1. Wow...well said Howard Dean!
We can all agree that American fighting men aren't suckers but I can't say the same for the primitives.

Response to Kingofalldems (Original post)Fri Sep 4, 2020, 03:22 PM
Star Member a kennedy (20,452 posts)
4. Thank you Howard, and so sorry for your loss, I did not know that about your brother.
And you still don't know the half of it.

Response to Kingofalldems (Original post)Fri Sep 4, 2020, 03:22 PM
Star Member NCjack (6,804 posts)
5. Reporters, please ask TRE45ON where he was on December 14, 1974.

I hope all who have special sad dates like Howard demand to know where Donald-****-about was on that date.
Maybe he was on vacation too.  Just like The Screamer's brother.

Response to Kingofalldems (Original post)Fri Sep 4, 2020, 04:28 PM
Star Member sarchasm (261 posts)
17. Go Howard! YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!!!

... and I mean that in the best and most enthusiastic way.
Welcome to DU.

Response to Kingofalldems (Original post)Fri Sep 4, 2020, 05:15 PM
Star Member flibbitygiblets (5,469 posts)
24. Jesus. I had no idea. Damn that was a powerful response.

I know it is too early to tell, but damn. This might be the scandal that finally does this f**ker in.
I wouldn't bet on it.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Re: Howard Dean dusts off his scream
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 08:49:00 AM »
Did Dean "scream before or after it became known that The Atlantic's story is false? IOW, was Dean duped or using his dead brother as a prop for a partisan lie?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.