Author Topic: IHOP Adds Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger To Menu  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
IHOP Adds Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger To Menu
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:01:30 PM »
GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 18, 2006--Whether you're hungry for burgers or crepes, there is sure to be something to please everybody on IHOP's new menu. Just in time for the hungry holiday rush, IHOP (NYSE:IHP - News), one of America's favorite family restaurants, is serving up a revamped menu including eight new items that are sure to satisfy any breakfast, lunch or dinner craving.

"We know that our guests are always looking for new tastes," said Carolyn O'Keefe, chief marketing officer for IHOP Corp. "Our new menu retains everything our guests love, and ensures our menu stays fresh, filled with delicious new choices that our guests will crave."

http://www.ihop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=177&Itemid=69
In the wild:

http://www.burgerbeast.com/2008/12/ihop.html
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: IHOP Adds Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger To Menu
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »
It's brunch!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »
You call THAT a burger?

And FWIW, Fatburger has been doing that forever.

TRIPLE King Fatburger (that's 24 oz. of burger, topped with bacon, egg, and the usual veggie crap.)  Sign the CPR waiver before you order it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
I think this is a southern thing.  Paula Deen made her burger with ham and an a fried egg on top....it actually looked good... :uhsure:

Offline debk

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:53:19 PM »
I think this is a southern thing.  Paula Deen made her burger with ham and an a fried egg on top....it actually looked good... :uhsure:

When I was a kid, we would drive out from Iowa every summer to Cape Hatteras NC.

One year, we stopped somewhere in NC, at a roadside diner. I ordered a hamburger.

How was I supposed to know it would be made from ground ham? (Hamburgers in Iowa were made from ground beef....the way they are supposed to be!)

It was in July, beastly hot, no AC in those days....and I got so sick...  :puke:

Years later, when I got married, we always had to go to the sister-in-law's house out in Grand Island NE, if we came back to NE for Christmas. It was their tradition that she make her fabulous ham loaf for Christmas Eve dinner....it was mandatory to eat it. Yep....and I would get :puke:..... to which she took great offense.

Her ham loaf should be illegal in all 57 states!!

As much as I love Paula Deen's recipes...there is no way I will ever eat a hamburger again.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 11:04:44 PM »
I didn't explain myself, she made a hamburger from beef, but with a slice of ham on top...and then a slice of cheddar, followed with an egg on top of that. 

Offline debk

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 11:08:49 PM »
I didn't explain myself, she made a hamburger from beef, but with a slice of ham on top...and then a slice of cheddar, followed with an egg on top of that. 

Ah.

I think I read in one of her cookbooks, recipe for hamloaf, so I just figured she had turned it into a burger. I guess it's a Southern thing. I'm not that "southern".  :whatever:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »
The hamloaf burger thing sounds pretty disgusting.  And Iowa to Cape Hatteras?  That's a long drive... I thought Nashville to Sarasota was long.  Wow.

No Fatburgers around here.  I don't know any burger places that will cook you an egg (if they had any).  Backyard Burger and Fat Mo's don't sell breakfast.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
Dude.  Gulfport MS to Calgary is a long road trip. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »
Another long trip is Savannah GA to Los Angles by car
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:29 AM »
Okay, you win.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:51:46 AM »

I had a similar burger at the Flats in Cleveland years ago.  But their's had fries on the burger as well.

And ironically, I ordered a burger like that at a pub this weekend. :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender