Author Topic: I am actually getting nervous  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I am actually getting nervous
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:10:52 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100214582895

Proud liberal 80 (2,567 posts)

I am actually getting nervous

I knew Trump would act like this once he lost and I knew republicans would be complicit, but damn this is crazy....Michigan alone is getting crazy and Biden won that state more comfortable than any other of the states trump is trying to steal....it’s not a given that the State canvassers will certify the vote because it has the same partisan 2-2 makeup as the County canvassers and one of the republicans has already stated he has concerns and wants an audit.

Edit- and I don’t trust the SCOTUS

I think they  are finally understanding there may be an issue!  I don't have time to bring anything over, but post titles looked interesting.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I am actually getting nervous
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:18:42 AM »
Question.

If the Biden-Harris ticket is so confident they've won, how come Kamala hasn't yet resigned her Senate seat?

Keeping it until the last minute would make sense if there were some important votes coming up, but that doesn't look likely in this case.  Besides, by not resigning, she's depriving her successor, another California Democrat, of an opportunity to attain seniority.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 06:44:52 AM »
Question.

If the Biden-Harris ticket is so confident they've won, how come Kamala hasn't yet resigned her Senate seat?

Keeping it until the last minute would make sense if there were some important votes coming up, but that doesn't look likely in this case.  Besides, by not resigning, she's depriving her successor, another California Democrat, of an opportunity to attain seniority.

Yes sir!  Good point. You would think people would listen when Trump tells them something big is coming. He’s got an inside track when he says stuff like that.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
President Trump Tells White House Staff to Ignore Any Mentions of Packing for Departure
By Joe Hoft
Published December 25, 2020 at 10:15am

President Trump has told White House staff to ignore a prior memo that went out about packing for leaving the White House.
President Trump told his White House staff this week to ignore a previous memo about packing for departure from the White House.

Advertisement - story continues below
The far-left New York Times reported that the President is not planning on leaving the White House any time soon:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/president-trump-tells-white-house-staff-ignore-mentions-packing-departure/

Now is not the time to get nervous--it's time to panic.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »
One's pretty sure that if President Trump has a hat, he's gonna pull a rabbit out of it.

Too bad for the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »
Question.

On a related topic.

Newsom faces backlash for not picking Black woman for Senate seat
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-faces-backlash-for-not-picking-black-woman-for-senate-seat

California Gov. Gavin Newsom received some backlash on Tuesday for not picking a Black woman to fill the remainder of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris's Senate term.

The Democratic governor instead selected Secretary of State Alex Padilla, who is a Latino, to be the state’s next U.S. senator – a first in California’s history.

Padilla's appointment gives a new level of representation to Latinos, who make up the state's single largest demographic group at nearly 40% of the population. But Newsom's choice of Padilla also means there will be no Black women in the 100-member Senate. Harris, who is Black and Indian, was the only Black woman in the Senate.

California Governor Gavin Newsom selected Alex Padilla to replace Kamala Harris. Some are not happy with that selection.

Even before announcing his pick, Newsom had been urged by members of his party to appoint a Black woman to replace Harris. Last week, Massachusetts Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley suggested that filling Harris's seat with any other demographic would be going backward.

"With the election of @KamalaHarris to VP-elect, @CAgovenor must priorities this leadership, perspective & representation in the vacated U.S. Senate seat & appoint a Black woman," Pressley tweeted. "@BLeeForCongress & @KarenBassTweets are seasoned policymakers."

Harris plans to step down from the seat in January ahead of Inauguration Day, on Jan. 20. Padilla will need to run for a full term in 2022. The appointment gives him an advantage, but he's still likely to face challengers; California's top-two primary system allows two Democrats to face off in a general election.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »
On a related topic.

Newsom faces backlash for not picking Black woman for Senate seat
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-faces-backlash-for-not-picking-black-woman-for-senate-seat

California Governor Gavin Newsom selected Alex Padilla to replace Kamala Harris. Some are not happy with that selection.

I love it when their identity politics come back to bite them in the ass.

To be safe, newscum should have selected a handicapped transgendered atheist black-latina refugee from china.   
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 01:09:21 PM »
Most of the left wouldn't be happy if they were gold plated. :thatsright:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 04:28:21 PM »
One's pretty sure that if President Trump has a hat, he's gonna pull a rabbit out of it.

Too bad for the primitives.

I sure hope you are right!!!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 01:23:38 AM »
Why doesn't Gov. Newscum save himself a whole
lot of aggravation and just appoint gNads?  :rocker2:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »
Question.

More importantly, she is depriving gavin newsome the opportunity to make some serious coin by selling her Senate seat -- I am sure he learn from blogo how NOT to get caught.  Remember, when it comes to politics, the "C" in California stands for Corruption.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.