Author Topic: Mad Beaver disease.  (Read 2614 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Mad Beaver disease.
« on: September 30, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
I cannot find this on the internet, perhaps it is known by another name.

My son fell off a bridge he was foreman on a repair project for the State.    Seems he went right under over his head.    When his crew pulled him out sputtering like a wet hen, the crew had tears of laughter and cautioned him that he could get Mad Beaver disease.  He thought they were joking because they had all noticed a good size beaver damn up river.

Two days later he awoke to get ready to fly to FL for a 5 day cruse with his wife's family to the Bahamas.  He really felt off, a dull ear ache in both ears.    He became second night of the cruse to get the ear ache worse and now a sore throat.    That stubborn Yankee would not go see the ships Doctor, ----He was afraid he would be quarantined or something.

He made it home alive and hit the local hospitals ER, given blood tests up he kazoo and all came back negative.  However His family doctor did give him antiobiots that took care of the ear infections but his sore throat became so bad he began to dehydrate as it hurt to swallow.     It got worse and medication was changed, he lost 15-20 pounds from all this.

He finally mustered up courage to ask his doctor if she had ever heard of Mad Beaver disease.    She when she stopped laughing told him not to worry he did not have STD's. [ Son was not Amused at that time ]

My first though was Meningitis from getting the water in his ears but he was checked for that also.    He tells me no one from the State came out to test the water, this happend in the swamp land that Sparky will recognise as it is all over the place from  behind his Station. All down the coast from York to Hampton going south there are these swamps on the right side of the road.   

Son goes back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks of hell.  Very unhappy, a week vacation spent in bed on a cruise and much pain after word.      If any of you have any idea of what this may have been or heard of anyone becoming ill from being in possible contaminated water I would like to know.  We have allot of brackish water and swamps up here and I would not like to see the child of a tourest become ill from getting into that water.

Any IDEAS  out there ?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Mad Beaver disease.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.