Author Topic: I am an idiot  (Read 2577 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I am an idiot
« on: September 14, 2012, 07:43:05 PM »
My eye started hurting a little and I was afraid I might be getting UVeitis again. I am out of Durezol (the super expensive eye drop that is a steroid, it cost $70 after insurance) and went to grab my pred-forte (super cheap steriod eye drop). I put a drop in my eye and looked at it AFTER the fact. I put atropine in instead of pred-forte. The bottles look exactly the same except the lid of the atropine is red and the lid of the pred-forte is dark pink.

I am super sensitive to dilating drops and my eye stays dilated longer than the average person. I have three different dilating drops, atropine is the strongest lasting 1-2 weeks. I use dilating drops when my UVeitis is really bad, it helps with the pain and keeps the pupil from sticking and being permanently damaged. We were invited to a housewarming party tomorrow night at the neighbors across the street, now I'm going to look like David Bowie with one normal eye and the other eye completely dilated.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: I am an idiot
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »
It will be fine.  I promise.  You are stunning even with a dilated eye. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »
dang it!

Yes, it will be fine and this will make a funny story....(someday??)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
It sounds better if you say it in German, for some reason:

Ich bin ein idiot!

I think the emotion comes out better and then I am always able to move on. YMMV.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey