Author Topic: Hydrocodone and a rash  (Read 17309 times)

Offline Undies

Re: Re: Hydrocodone and a rash
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »

Then again, you've got those folks like me who keep OTC and script drugs around for 5-10 years after the damn thing has expired, only because I've forgotten it's in there.

I use to do that.  Now I have hair in funny places and a lump.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Re: Hydrocodone and a rash
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
I use to do that.  Now I have hair in funny places and a lump.

A lump? Don't they have ectomies for lumps?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Hydrocodone and a rash
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
The more I think about it the more I think it was the leflunomide that my doctor had recently prescribed to replace the methotrexate. Over the last month I had an itchy rash on my forearms, especially my left arm. I also was having a handful of hair coming out when I would take a shower.  I stopped the medication about a week ago.

It could have been a combination of both medications, one of the medications or might have had nothing to do with either.  I hate the fact that medication that is suppose to help in one area can give you serious side effects that are worse than what they are suppose to treat. Like methotrexate (a chemotherapy drug), used at much lower doses than cancer it helps with auto immune diseases. But the trade off is feeling like crap for a few days a week, hair loss, liver damage, among other side effects. On top of all of that, this cancer drug that is suppose to treat cancer can cause CANCER.  :panic:

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Hydrocodone and a rash
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
The more I think about it the more I think it was the leflunomide that my doctor had recently prescribed to replace the methotrexate. Over the last month I had an itchy rash on my forearms, especially my left arm. I also was having a handful of hair coming out when I would take a shower.  I stopped the medication about a week ago.

It could have been a combination of both medications, one of the medications or might have had nothing to do with either.  I hate the fact that medication that is suppose to help in one area can give you serious side effects that are worse than what they are suppose to treat. Like methotrexate (a chemotherapy drug), used at much lower doses than cancer it helps with auto immune diseases. But the trade off is feeling like crap for a few days a week, hair loss, liver damage, among other side effects. On top of all of that, this cancer drug that is suppose to treat cancer can cause CANCER.  :panic:

Some drugs can make your chest look huge also.  :naughty: