Author Topic: Question about punctual plugs  (Read 2365 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Question about punctual plugs
« on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
I've had them in my bottom tear ducts before and it helped a lot. My doctor put them in again last week when he lanced those cysts on my eyeball. He put in upper and lower in my right eye and lower only in my left (my right eye is a lot dryer than my left). The doctor said I would have increased tearing (for obvious reasons) but for anyone who has had them before, does the amount of tearing decrease over time?  I have to wipe my eye constantly. If it doesn't lighten up I'm going to have him take out the upper plug.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Question about punctual plugs
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »
Now I think I have pink eye. One negative thing about punctual plugs is that they don't allow bacteria and crap to drain from your eye which increases your chance for pink eye. I'm going to call my eye doctor and see if he can take the upper plug out because the right eye that had the worse dry eye problem has been a faucet since I have both plugs put in.  I guess you could say the plugs have worked too well.

My left eye (that just has one lower plug) is really scratchy and irritated. I think I screwed up the plug from rubbing my eye and shifting it. I'm going to have my doctor push it in more.

I have Vigamox eye drops left over from my cataract surgery. It's an antibiotic so I'm going to use it until I can get in to see my doctor.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:47:24 AM by BEG »

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Question about punctual plugs
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
Damn you sound like my wife. She gets bladder/yeast infections at the drop of a hat. She's got both right now.  :panic:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.