Author Topic: Concept 2 Rowing Machine  (Read 2931 times)

Offline JakeStyle

Concept 2 Rowing Machine
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »
I bought one of these last month ($900.00 from Amazon), because I just don't have the time to get to the gym as often as I want to.  Holy Shit!  This beats the hell out of the elliptical machine that I used to pay to use at the gym for an aerobic workout.  I can get on this thing, turn on the TV and just zone out and row for 45-60 minutes and get a really good workout.

It's quiet enough that I can hear the TV or stereo while I row, and it takes about 30 seconds to take it apart and stow it in the garage when I am done.  I still like to do my free weight routine, so I have been going to 24 Hr Fitness every other day, but I am starting to lean towards giving up the weights and just going full time row, it's totally addictive and it feels great!   

Offline JakeStyle

Re: Concept 2 Rowing Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
Just wanted to add that any rowing machine (not just the one I mentioned) is superior to a treadmill or an elliptical machine.  You get a true full body workout.  I have become a rowing addict, at least one hour a day sometimes two.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:48:04 AM »
So I have given up the gym, I now row my ass off 45 minutes per day and do a lot of pushups/light-weight stuff every day.  I have lost 15 Lbs in the last 30 days, but I'm still pretty lean and I have become really vascular.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
I didn't see this before, but thanks for the bosting.  My boyfriend and I have been looking at different work out options.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
Yeah, row machines are great for cardio. They say you can burn something around 1.3 times the amount of calories as a similar intensity of effort on an elliptical machine session.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
Yeah, row machines are great for cardio. They say you can burn something around 1.3 times the amount of calories as a similar intensity of effort on an elliptical machine session.

This may very well be what I'll use for my next cardio machine. We need a treadmill for the dogs and Mrs. E uses it too (she ain't no dog  :lmao: ), but I like using an elliptical -- but if there's something better, low impact, more effective, hey, that works for me.  :cheersmate:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »
Rowing is great for cardio and a light back and glute/quad workout, but it isn't the Holy Grail. Make sure you stick with the resistance training too. Also, look into Crossfit. It'll straight-up smoke your ass in 20 minutes or less.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.