Author Topic: I have a rash  (Read 2452 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I have a rash
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »
From about mid face to my chin.  It's little bumps but it's not hives.  It stared yesterday on my right side and has spread to the left side. I have bought a new facial scrub and a toner (which is neutrogena for sensitive skin).  It could also be viral as I have been feeling a little crappy lately.

Anyone have any advice on what to do?  They itch a little but not terribly.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: I have a rash
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »
From about mid face to my chin.  It's little bumps but it's not hives.  It stared yesterday on my right side and has spread to the left side. I have bought a new facial scrub and a toner (which is neutrogena for sensitive skin).  It could also be viral as I have been feeling a little crappy lately.

Anyone have any advice on what to do?  They itch a little but not terribly.

Just keep yourself cool.  I have rash/hives that range from heat rash, to urticaria (looks like someone whipped me.)  I take a zyrtec daily, and when there is a bad flare up I take a zyrtec and a zantac together, as they are H1 and H2 antihistamines.  Mine has flared up a bit, because of the the heat.  It may be that your skin doesn't like your new scrub and toner too. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
Just keep yourself cool.  I have rash/hives that range from heat rash, to urticaria (looks like someone whipped me.)  I take a zyrtec daily, and when there is a bad flare up I take a zyrtec and a zantac together, as they are H1 and H2 antihistamines.  Mine has flared up a bit, because of the the heat.  It may be that your skin doesn't like your new scrub and toner too. 

My daughter takes Zyrtec and Zantac for her pressure urticaria.

Wait, we talked about you having it too didn't we?

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »
My daughter takes Zyrtec and Zantac for her pressure urticaria.

Wait, we talked about you having it too didn't we?

Yup, I don't remember her having it, I just remember talking about it.  She has pressure?  Holy hell, that is the worst!  Feet and hands.  Poor boo.  When I was diagnosed, over time, I gave up wearing pantyhose, and heels, no worries.  But, I have had to give up rings too.  I miss wearing my rings. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »
Yup, I don't remember her having it, I just remember talking about it.  She has pressure?  Holy hell, that is the worst!  Feet and hands.  Poor boo.  When I was diagnosed, over time, I gave up wearing pantyhose, and heels, no worries.  But, I have had to give up rings too.  I miss wearing my rings. 

Yes, she was diagnosed soon after we moved to CA. The Zyrtec and Zantec seem to keep it at bay.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
Just an FYI, I have sensitive skin and I used the neutrogena battery scrub brush with the lotion and OMG! I was so irritated, never used it again.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:35:33 PM »
Well, in 06, when I was first diagnosed, it was zyrtec, zantac in the am and singulair, zantac at night.  I am down to a zyrtec in the am.  With the season change to warm, it has flared up a scootch in my palms, and a little on my feet and shins.  I just try to stay cool until my body adapts to it.  Thankfully her case sounds mild.  Some people are crazy bad. Things to watch for would be dying hair and tattoos.  Not to say your girl would do either, but it couldn't hurt to tell her how they would affect her, since she has a sensitivity. I have a few tattoos, and have had them for many years, prior to the urticaria dx.  They raise up when I have a flare.  Hair dye makes me look like a klingon.