Author Topic: Things aren't so great  (Read 12838 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Things aren't so great
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
Now that's an interesting idea. But I'm gonna bitchslap you anyway, because NOBODY deserves that special brand of hell, even a Navy airedale.

I bet he would get well quicker than average just to get rid of her  :bird:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 10:58:02 AM »
I bet he would get well quicker than average just to get rid of her  :bird:

On the contrary. I think it would kill him. Or make him want to slit his wrists, whichever is more painful.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
On the contrary. I think it would kill him. Or make him want to slit his wrists, whichever is more painful.

or her wrists  :naughty:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
Just one friend here, locally. (close enough as to whom they would actually  come over & take care of me.) Kind of sucks. My daughter's working & going to school, so I can't interrupt that.
Thor so sorry to hear about your health problems. Believe me, we can understand what you're going through. It's tough to be somewhere with little support. Down in Florida, we have no family but were lucky to have some neighbors who were life savers in terms of support. It's amazing since we've only been here 18 months.

You're in my prayers. Hope you get a clean bill of health with the kidneys, so they can take care of the heart problems.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 02:22:34 AM »

vesta doesn't work does she?  I bet if we all chipped in together and bought her an airplane ticket you could keep her a few weeks/months to help you out  :yahoo:  whas say you? 

Good idea.

:lmao:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
awww, if you were closer I would help you out or would it really be help????????   :panic:  might make you have a mental breakdown   :lmao:

vesta doesn't work does she?  I bet if we all chipped in together and bought her an airplane ticket you could keep her a few weeks/months to help you out  :yahoo:  whas say you? 

I'll bet that Vesta is a real sweetie  in person. Thanks, but no thanks!!! However, there IS this cute little blonde in Kentucky that I wouldn't mind coming down & taking care of me. ;)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
Went to the kidney Doc today. He's taken me off of one antibiotic because it's known to cause kidney problems. He's cleared me for surgery. I have an appt with the heart surgeon on Valentine's Day. I will  know more after that. I'm pretty sure that they won't wait very long  from there. So, I think I'm looking at late Feb, maybe early March.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
Went to the kidney Doc today. He's taken me off of one antibiotic because it's known to cause kidney problems. He's cleared me for surgery. I have an appt with the heart surgeon on Valentine's Day. I will  know more after that. I'm pretty sure that they won't wait very long  from there. So, I think I'm looking at late Feb, maybe early March.

Heart surgeon on Valentine's Day? HAS to bee a good omen!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
Prayers for a speedy recovery, Thor.  Sorry you're having to endure this.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
Sending prayers and hugs.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 10:03:34 PM »
Prayers.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 07:53:42 AM »
I'll bet that Vesta is a real sweetie  in person. Thanks, but no thanks!!! However, there IS this cute little blonde in Kentucky that I wouldn't mind coming down & taking care of me. ;)

huh?  I have red hair and live in TN   you must have fevah  :mental:

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »
huh?  I have red hair and live in TN   you must have fevah  :mental:

Gina, you'd wanna kill me after the first day. Besides, I think that your husband just might object....   :o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline cavegal

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
 Best of luck for you Thor! Prayers for sure..

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
Good luck, Thor, and prayers out to you!

Sue
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »

I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 12:01:22 AM »
Prayers sent your way!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »
How did the appt go??
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 12:05:54 AM »
Put on hold. Will see Doc again on March 20th. Will hopefully know about surgery from that appt.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 07:37:15 AM »
Put on hold. Will see Doc again on March 20th. Will hopefully know about surgery from that appt.

Good luck; I can't tell you how much you're missed here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
ditto Frank.....   The CC is missing a piece of it's body without Thor

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »
Keep the faith, Thor. You're in all our prayers. :)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am truly sorry to hear about this. It is difficult when we are faced with our own mortality.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
ditto Frank.....   The CC is missing a piece of it's body without Thor

I wonder WHICH piece you're referring to, Gina?   :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Zeus

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 11:41:56 PM »
Take it as a good sign that they aren't speed processing you for the procedure.

By pass surgery is another of Modern medicine miracles. Only in extreme cases will they perform such surgeries if any of the backup systems,lungs , kidneys , liver etc. are in doubt.

My father had quadruple bypass and they held him over because the part of his leg they took a vein from wasn't healing properly. Dr. told us that was the most common cause of holding bypass patients beyond normal time for such a procedure.

It's funny we piss n moan and bitch and complain about Drs. from time to time. Almost as if we expect them to be gods. Thing is with the things they can do nowadays they pert near are.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.