Author Topic: Huntsman says he could join Bachmann as VP candidate  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Huntsman says he could join Bachmann as VP candidate
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »

Republican presidential candidate and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman won’t rule out joining the Republican ticket as a vice presidential nominee — even if it means partnering with a Tea Party candidate like Michele Bachmann.

Huntsman told CNN’s Piers Morgan that “if you love this country, you serve this country” in an interview set to air tonight.   

“You know, if you’re in a position to better the country, to bring whatever background you have to bear, whatever experience to use in fine-tuning our future, I’ll be the first person to sign up,” Huntsman said.
The Hill

Waitaminute... I thought Huntsman imagined himself in the top tier, the Grand Poobah of GOP candidates.  I thought he was going to be The Man, the next Dali Lama, Teddy Roosevelt, and George Washington. 

I guess it's better than giving up completely after being chewed up and spit out after a single straw poll in Iowa, but I don't think I could vote for him.  Maybe he'll get a nice advisory position somewhere and continue our slow decline toward institutionalized liberalism and pointless bureaucracy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:16:17 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Huntsman says he could join Bachmann as VP candidate
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »
Apparently he decided to shit all over the Republicans very recently, possibly in the interview you mentioned.  Saw a clip of him badmouthing his whole party on Varney's evening show on FBN; naturally that pseudo-intelligent git from Newsweak - Hennepin? - was putting on his kneepads over it in a false show of praise to encourage as much GOP chaos as possible; I can't stand that bony, snide white-haired asshole, it's like he sets off every 'creep' warning buzzer in my head at the same time.  But back to the other asshole in the story, Huntsman seemed to be doing his level best to alienate the base in favor of Democrats who would rather vote for a real Democrat, if they're going to vote for a Democrat at all.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:44 PM »
The only reason Huntsman is in the race is so Ron Paul has someone to look down on in the polls and laugh at him.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:11 PM »
No no no no no no no no no no! I can't stand this fool!

Rubio for VP no matter the nominee, except Huntsman and Paul.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
I did see something about Huntsman being a possible VP candidate...

For Obama.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »
Here's what the fool has said:

JON HUNTSMAN ON HIS REPUBLICAN RIVALS

Huntsman Said The Rest Of The GOP Field Had “Zero Substance” And Were “Too Far To The Right.” Huntsman on ABC’s This Week: “We have people on the Republican side too far to the right. We have zero substance. We have no good ideas that are being circulated or talking about that allow the country to get back on its feet economically so we begin creating jobs.” [ABC News – This Week, 8/21/11]

Huntsman Said He Would Not Trust His Opponents With The Economy Because They Would Have Allowed The Country To Default. When asked by Jake Tapper, “Would you trust a President Bachmann to do the right thing with the economy?” Huntsman replied, “I wouldn't necessarily trust any of my opponents who are on the recent debate stage with me when every single one of them would have allowed this country to default.” [ABC News – This Week, 8/21/11]

Huntsman Said The Republican Party Has “A Serious Problem” In Becoming “The Anti-Science Party.” On ABC’s This Week, Huntsman said: “I think there's a serious problem. The minute the Republican Party becomes the party, the anti-science party, we have a huge problem. We lose a whole lot of people, who would otherwise allow us to win the election in 2012 when we take a position that isn't willing to embrace evolution, we take a position that basically runs counter to what 100 to 900 climate scientists have said with what the national academy of science has said. What is causing climate change and man's contribution to it. We find ourselves on the wrong side of science and therefore in a losing position.” [ABC News - This Week, 8/21/11]

Huntsman Said “We’d Be Here All Afternoon” To Talk About Romney’s Flip-Flops. On ABC’s This Week, Huntsman said, “If we talk about inconsistencies and change on various issues, we'd be here all afternoon.” [ABC News - This Week, 8/21/11]
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline CG6468

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »

:rotf:

Not in my lifetime!!!

:lmao:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
But back to the other asshole in the story, Huntsman seemed to be doing his level best to alienate the base in favor of Democrats who would rather vote for a real Democrat, if they're going to vote for a Democrat at all.
Good point. This strategy did not work for McCain either.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke