Author Topic: Is David Petraeus Dirty? Ted Westheusing Said So, and Then He Shot Himself  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
 :bird:The Kaaput primitive is an idjit

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3123241

kpete  (1000+ posts)       Tue Apr-08-08 07:14 AM
Original message
Is David Petraeus Dirty? Ted Westheusing Said So, and Then He Shot Himself 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Tue Apr-08-08 08:01 AM by kpete
Why Has This Been Kept So Quiet?

Great men and women like Ted Westhusing have dedicated themselves to the defense of this country, only to see the military they love treated like an ATM by greedy non-combatants like Dick Cheney - and as a fantasy camp for draft dodgers like G. W. Bush.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-eskow/an-american-deat...

Is David Petraeus Dirty? Ted Westheusing Said So, and Then He Shot Himself

Posted by Melina Hussein Ripcoco, Brilliant at Breakfast at 4:00 AM on April 8, 2008.

What troubled Westhusing was not just the death and destruction all around him, the obvious looting of the country, and the human rights abuses, but the seeming lack of attention to the problem by his two of commanding officers, General Joseph Fil, and General David Petraeus. Yes, that David Petraeus. So focused was he on the destructive role of these two, that his suicide note was written to them. Westhusing's widow said that her husband's death should serve to bring out the truth of the corruption that her husband saw. Author and journalist, Robert Bryce was recently able to get documentation of interviews with Westhusing's wife and many other bits of correspondence and Investigation documents through the freedom of information act. They leave more questions open than they answer, especially in light of the media's blackout on information about Petraeus' part in this...even during a week that he is center stage at hearings being conducted on the war.

Was Westhusing murdered? Well, conspiracy theorists out there have some information and I suppose that one could make a case for further investigation. But one thing is for sure; He was a man of honor, he was despondent over corruption involving his direct commanders and said as much in a suicide letter addressed to them, and regardless of who pulled the trigger, he got the information out. I will leave the energy for trying to convict a lesser employee of a subcontractor to others who like to dig these things out. No direct connection will ever be found to Petraeus. It just doesn't work that way.

The implication is there, but the bigger implication is about the man whose finger will never be physically placed on the trigger; David Petraeus. This is the man who would immediately stop the very slow withdrawals that Bush began last year. This is the man who would continue to pour good money after bad into a situation that cannot even be basically stabilized after so many years. Today, All Spin Zone covers the hearings and asks that if Petraeus were a CEO or any top management in any business, wouldn't he be fired for this poor performance? What does someone have to do to get fired in this administration? At some point, aren't we going to question the implications and accusations floating around this man? At some point doesn't he lose all credibility as someone implicated in so many failed plans? Where is the honor in this leadership and where is the honor in this war?

RIP Ted Westhusing, and everyone else who has given their lives in this farce...RIP.

more at:
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/81678/#more

another great link:
American Grand Delusions
Why the Testimony of General Petraeus Will Be Delusional
By Tom Engelhardt
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/174914/the_natives_of_p...

:bird:

Delphinus  (1000+ posts)      Tue Apr-08-08 07:24 AM
Response to Original message
1. Bumping ...
 for some vey important, yet lost in the M$M, information.

patrice  (1000+ posts)       Tue Apr-08-08 08:20 AM
Response to Original message
3. No less than Human sacrifices on the altar of Mamon. Bush might as well have cut their hearts out. 
 And now we have more Dead to justify those already Dead.

Let me try to say that more clearly; outside the circles of CEOs and War Profiteers, People are dying BECAUSE people have died and for ***NO*** OTHER REASON, no other "good" effect, no other result, no other outcome, no goals, no objectives . . . nothing other than People have died so more People should/will Die.

IDJITS
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Georgia Bulldog

That is beyond stupid. Just when you think they hit rock bottom they break out the shovel and start digging!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline mondonico

• Probationary (Probie)
Dunno, kpete.  That's sorta like asking: "Does Obama snort coke and then fellate strange men in limousines?   Larry Sinclair said so, and then he brought a lawsuit to prove it."

Offline ReardenSteel

Was Westhusing murdered?

Really kpete? Is that what you wonder? Really? You wonder if Westhusing was murdered by someone, to protect Petraeus from some alleged "corruption" charges and then left with a suicide note implicating Petraeus? Really?

Tell me another one.  :whatever:

:censored: ing  DUmba$$
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Why do I click on these threads? I know it's going to make me angry. I know it upsets me to see such callous disregard for people who've devoted their lives to serving their country. I know I'm appalled when my fellow citizens try to invent conspiracies so they can believe the worst in others instead of looking in a mirror and seeing their own sickness and hatred. I might as well be doing this:  :banghead:

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Why do I click on these threads? I know it's going to make me angry. I know it upsets me to see such callous disregard for people who've devoted their lives to serving their country. I know I'm appalled when my fellow citizens try to invent conspiracies so they can believe the worst in others instead of looking in a mirror and seeing their own sickness and hatred. I might as well be doing this:  :banghead:

Cindie

And now you know why I don't click on those threads.

And, milady, if you in fact were doing this  :banghead: , you'd see the error of your ways very quickly.  The DUmp does the same thing over and over and expects different results.  My wife, if she ever decided to pursue her PhD. in psychology, could do several doctoral theses on the DUmp.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

Replace David Petraeous with Bill Clinton and Ted Westheusing with Vince Foster and see what the DUchebags have to say.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.