Author Topic: First 100 Days  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: First 100 Days
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 12:33:56 AM »
Perry Logan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-07-08 08:29 PM
Response to Original message
10. And in my dreams: declare martial law; arrest all Republicans.

Talk about irony with a capitol I  :-)

At least he spelled it right.   :tazeme:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 12:34:21 AM »
I think I've seen this before.  Wasn't this the Brave New World they expected to wake up to in the Kucinnich Administration?

Funny you should mention that,
mrone2  (291 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-07-08 05:58 PM
5. Sounds like what a Kucinich administration would have been like (nt)

:lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »
Perry Logan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-07-08 08:29 PM

Talk about irony with a capitol I  :-)

At least he spelled it right.   :tazeme:

Only took them 7 years too  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:26 AM »
Wednesdays  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-07-08 08:18 PM
8. Day One MUST be dedicated to dissolving the corporate media

Otherwise there won't even be a Day 2 because of all the rightwing hate noise.

Hmmm I am guessing the primitives have never read the entire 1st amendment. But then again they can't read the second too well either  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 12:41:31 AM »
Prophet 451 (1000+ posts)       Mon Apr-07-08 09:23 PM
13. Couple of other comments 
 The wording of day 9 needs to be tightened up a bit to include something like "and it's still a war if you call it a "police action"".

etc etc blah blah

Amazing.  I don't think I've ever seen somebody nitpick at a circle-jerk before.   ::)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 12:42:47 AM »
Prophet 451 (1000+ posts)       Mon Apr-07-08 09:23 PM
13. Couple of other comments 
 The wording of day 9 needs to be tightened up a bit to include something like "and it's still a war if you call it a "police action"".

I'd also like to see the establishment of some form of "peerage". Now, hear me out here. I'm not talking about the British system where peers get to vote on legislation, more somethign like the Order of Canada. No extra rights or responsibilities, just a way of singling out and honouring the truly remarkable. As far as I can tell, the USA doesn't have a system to do so. I'd also like to propose Daniel Levin as the first recipient because if anything qualifies as extraordinary service, having yourself voluntarily waterboarded does.

Amazing.  I don't think I've ever seen somebody nitpick at a circle-jerk before.   ::)

:rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 12:48:40 AM »
Wednesdays  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-07-08 08:18 PM

Hmmm I am guessing the primitives have never read the entire 1st amendment. But then again they can't read the second too well either  :whatever:

What other kind of media is there?  Will we be getting our news from the community college on the other side of town?  What about the high school?

******* retards.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 04:06:54 AM »
Day 101 -- learn Chinese, Russian or arabic, depending on who our new overlords are.

Why not take the time to learn all three?  :whatever:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 04:10:13 AM »
What a dumbass.
Needs repeating. What a dumbass, indeed.
worth repeating again. what a dumbass.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Perry Logan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-07-08 08:29 PM

The same thing they claimed Bush would do to them. Can we say hypocrite?

The Constitution never mattered to these whackjobs.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »
What a dumbass.
Needs repeating. What a dumbass, indeed.
worth repeating again. what a dumbass.
Ditto.  What a dumbass.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »
Day 8: Announce the planned convening of a Middle Eastern peace and disarmament conference.

:rotf:

I'm sure the Arabs will be happy to entertain any idea of us or Israel disarming. As far as themselves, not so much.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 06:31:15 PM »
OMG, this had to have been written by a junior high school student.

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! Ding!!! Ding!

Yes, the whole thing smacks of  juvenile thinking, including the "On day one..." type of thing. Sounds like me when I was about 8, "The FIRST thing that I am going to do when....The SECOND thing that I am going to do when..."

Even if this is a minor who can't vote, they are parroting someone who can.

Be afraid. Be VERY, very afraid <shudders>
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »
Okay, after they do all this announcing, renouncing, declaring, and paper shuffling then what? The fact that they're actually taking themselves so seriously, as if ANYONE (dem or rep) would consider them worthy of a second thought is laughable. I mean this isn't evern "let's have a DU committee to propose ideas for the first 100 days", this is some anonymous person on the Internet's even MORE anonymous friend doing this. Throw them a shiny object they'd be occupied for hours.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
After Day 4, nobody would give a **** what you did anyway, since at that point world-wide trade collapse would have begun and the unemployment rate would hit about 25% by the end of the second week.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:08 PM »
This Swanson TV dinner primitive is always a riot.

By associating an American icon with this dumb DUmmy, you have forever ruined my love of the Swanson Salisbury Steak TV Dinner.  :-)

I shall now go to the corner and sulk quietly....

What dumbass thought it was EVER a good idea to put SOUP in a flimsy aluminum frozen dinner tray?!?  :mental:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 03:37:38 AM »
It's supposed to be frozen when you get it.  What you do with it after that is your problem.   :-)

Seriously, I had to read the box.  I had no idea TV dinners ever came with soup.  Weird.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 03:39:26 AM by Chris »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 08:43:29 AM »
It's supposed to be frozen when you get it.  What you do with it after that is your problem.   :-)

Seriously, I had to read the box.  I had no idea TV dinners ever came with soup.  Weird.

Soup is normal.  It is the placemat and oh-so-properly placed flatware that is weird.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »

Soup is normal.  It is the placemat and oh-so-properly placed flatware that is weird.

And also that the peas aren't in every other little compartment. That's what I remember most about the TV dinner: the peas went everywhere.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
I think on day 67, they may have to do some revising. :-)

How's that mandate for change Pelosi promised coming along DU???? Umm Hmmm.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »
reality -- assuming a Dem wins....

day 1 to 100 - make promises

day 101 forward - make excuses

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:56 PM »
Damn, the stupid is so painfull to read in the OP. 
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"