Author Topic: Do you think McShame will put Condi on his ticket?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Do you think McShame will put Condi on his ticket?
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:25:28 PM »
book_worm  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-07-08 12:35 PM
Original message
 TODAY, this morning said it is being actively pursued. what do you think? To me we can really make a strong case if she's on it that he represents no change from Bush policies. We could tie all the foreign policy and diplomatic blunders and especially the lies leading up to the war in bow if it's McCain/Rice.

Frear the Rice!

wtmusic  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-07-08 12:55 PM
Response to Reply #9
18. Agree
 It would be a very smart move, and his only real chance at resurrecting his campaign.

John IS the campaign for the R's. Though the man himself may need resurrecting from time to time.  :p

keep_it_real (552 posts)      Mon Apr-07-08 12:41 PM
Response to Original message
5. No, it could be construed as pandering to race.

Hmmm. I wonder what that would look like?  :uhsure:

ocelot  (1000+ posts)       Mon Apr-07-08 12:46 PM
13. I doubt it.
 She can't offer any regional support; she ties him even tighter to Bush's war that almost everybody hates; the bigoted haters would stay home or vote Libertarian because McCain is old and they'd worry that he'd croak and then (horrors!) an African-American woman would be president; not to mention that fact that Condi is unmarried and has a female roommate, which in the RW world means she must play for the "other team," and the very thought of having a gay black female president would be more than their shriveled, hateful little hearts could bear. I think it's going to be another rich white guy, maybe a slightly younger one, like Mittens.

Whoa! It's like he's reading my mind.  :sarcasm:

AlinPA  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-07-08 12:52 PM
16. He would turn of a lot of the intolerant republican base and would lose southern states.

What year is it again?  :whatever:

Teh_Rabble_Rouser (316 posts)       Mon Apr-07-08 12:59 PM
20. Having a non-fundie, and a "n-gger", and a woman, will no doubt piss off the entire base.

Whose base? On what planet?

DUmmie hate. It just can't be matched.  :yawn:

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Do you think McShame will put Condi on his ticket?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
wtmusic  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-07-08 12:55 PM
Response to Reply #9
18. Agree
 It would be a very smart move, and his only real chance at resurrecting his campaign.

Resurrect his campaign?  It's not as if he's trailing at the moment.  He's just standing by watching and laughing as the Democrat idiots keep fighting each other.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »

I thought condi had no desire to run for elective office (blog story recently on drudge notwithstanding), and considered being NFL commissioner to be her dream job.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »

I thought condi had no desire to run for elective office (blog story recently on drudge notwithstanding), and considered being NFL commissioner to be her dream job.

Bingo!  As much as I think it would be interesting to see her run, this isn't the right place or time.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »

Bingo!  As much as I think it would be interesting to see her run, this isn't the right place or time.

waitaminnit.  I was advocating keeping her out of the commissioner's office. :-)

kidding, kidding, kidding.  hell, how much damage could she do?

(kidding again)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

waitaminnit.  I was advocating keeping her out of the commissioner's office. :-)

(kidding again)

Sadly, putting people in government is no guarantee they will stay out of football.  :lmao:

ahem...

Seriously, I agree and have heard from Dr. Rice only that she wants nothing to do with high office. She served her country with honor. I kinda hope she does get her dream job someday.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
Off topic but why do they call McCain McShame?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »

Because they're a bunch of immature jag-offs.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »

Well I thought they would at least have a reason other than he is a Republican.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »

(kidding again)

Sadly, putting people in government is no guarantee they will stay out of football.  :lmao:

ahem...

Seriously, I agree and have heard from Dr. Rice only that she wants nothing to do with high office. She served her country with honor. I kinda hope she does get her dream job someday.

we can only hope that heath schuler is truly done with the game.  or that the game is done with him. :whatever:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »

Well I thought they would at least have a reason other than he is a Republican.

I have no idea at all. Some are calling him "McBush" in the same thread. Dunno why either. (??)

However, I did notice that the idiot who started this thread forgot to put a link up. Oh, I'll do it.  :uhsure:

LINK
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3118677

- Ayn Rand

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »
The whole Democratic party's campaign has revolved around racist and sexist statements towards the other camp.  The DUmp has magnified and joined in doing that everyday for months now.  But Republicans are the one's who care about race and sex?  Only in DUmmieworld.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »
KharmaTrain  (1000+ posts)       Mon Apr-07-08 02:20 PM
34. Just Think of The Dilemna
 All those racist Repugnicans who would never vote for a black or a woman, and they're gonna vote for a black woman? While I've seen heads explode on smaller things, you gotta wonder how many vote Gramps would lose in the Confederate south or the Fundies who just couldn't break through their bigotry.

Personally, I'd love to see Condi run...get her in the open and grill her about all her incompetence. Besides being a war criminal, Rice is a totally void human being and I'd enjoy seeing the ivory tower come crashing down around her under some real scrutiny.

"Non-racist" KharmaInsane calls Rice a "void human being". WTF is that anyway??

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 02:58:29 PM »
The whole Democratic party's campaign has revolved around racist and sexist statements towards the other camp.  The DUmp has magnified and joined in doing that everyday for months now.  But Republicans are the one's who care about race and sex?  Only in DUmmieworld.

Of course your right. It's just to bad I can't high five myself for finding proof of your post in under 10 seconds.  :p

:cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 04:45:44 PM »

Of course your right. It's just to bad I can't high five myself for finding proof of your post in under 10 seconds.  :p

So, then, I just H5ed the two of you!  Does that work?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »

No.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »

So, then, I just H5ed the two of you!  Does that work?

A bit shameless on my part but I'll take it.  :-)

Also have to agree with formerlurker here. No way Dr. Rice makes it on the ticket. She's overqualified for VP and does not want the job anyway. 

- Ayn Rand

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »
13. I doubt it.
 She can't offer any regional support; she ties him even tighter to Bush's war that almost everybody hates; the bigoted haters would stay home or vote Libertarian because McCain is old and they'd worry that he'd croak and then (horrors!) an African-American woman would be president; not to mention that fact that Condi is unmarried and has a female roommate, which in the RW world means she must play for the "other team," and the very thought of having a gay black female president would be more than their shriveled, hateful little hearts could bear. I think it's going to be another rich white guy, maybe a slightly younger one, like Mittens.

It's so funny that these "tolerant, diverse, loving" people hate Condi specifically because she is successful in the Republican party...making ocelot's entire post a rant of intolerance and projection of his/her own attitudes.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »
Because they really don't have anything to hang on McCain.  Most of his positions are theirs, he is a buddy of the swimmer and he passed anti-American legislation, which they just love.  He is TRUE War Hero, unlike F'ing kerry, which kills them, so they invent a word out of nowhere. 

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 07:39:25 PM »
13. I doubt it.

It's so funny that these "tolerant, diverse, loving" people hate Condi specifically because she is successful in the Republican party...making ocelot's entire post a rant of intolerance and projection of his/her own attitudes.

You leaves da democrat Plantation, then you'se just a house nigga. 

You gets uppity, you gonna get the whip, girl.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »
I almost hope she does it and she DOES turn out to be gay purely for the lulz and omgz that the DU would go through.

*Red*

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 11:04:49 PM »
I almost hope she does it and she DOES turn out to be gay purely for the lulz and omgz that the DU would go through.

*Red*

Wouldn't matter to me. I love'er. She's dedicated her entire life to this country. You know what she needs, right? She needs a little Rebel.  :naughty:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 11:07:27 PM »

*Red*

Wouldn't matter to me. I love'er. She's dedicated her entire life to this country. You know what she needs, right? She needs a little Rebel.  :naughty:

Everyone needs a little Rebel.

Still, the lulz would make it worth it, no?

*Red*

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 06:09:25 AM »
One thing she would bring to it is that unlike any of the three remaining candidates, she likes the Second Amendment.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.