Author Topic: BDS!? What BDS!?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
BDS!? What BDS!?
« on: April 05, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
Barrett808 (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 02:48 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3256654
Iraqi priest killed in drive-by shooting in central Baghdad, police say 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 02:50 PM by Barrett808
Source: Associated Press

BAGHDAD: Iraqi officials say a priest has been killed in a drive-by shooting in central Baghdad.

An official with the Interior Ministry and a local police officer have identified the slain priest as Youssef Adel and say he was killed Saturday by gunmen in a speeding car shortly after he left his house.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.

More specifics about the priest's religious affiliation were not immediately available. The predominantly Islamic country has a number of religious minorities, including Catholics and Orthodox Christians, who have faced frequent attacks.

Christian priest gunned down in Baghdad
by Ammar Karim

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Gunmen shot dead an Assyrian Orthodox priest near his house in the centre of the Iraqi capital on Saturday, in an attack condemned by Pope Benedict XVI who expressed his "profound sorrow".

Iraqi security officials said Youssef Adel, a priest with Saint Peter's Church, was gunned down by gunmen travelling in a car around noon (0900 GMT) as he left home.

A medical official said Adel's body had been brought to Ibn Nafis hospital in central Baghdad.

The pope in a telegram to the Orthodox Assyrian archbishop of Baghdad, Saverius Jamil Hawa, said he prayed that "the Iraqi people find a way of peace to build a society that is just and tolerant."

He also expressed his "profound sorrow" at the killing.

(more)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080405/wl_afp/iraqunrest

Starts out pretty normal...only one reply so far:

DesertRat  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 03:10 PM
Response to Original message
1. Another victim of Bush's occupation. Very sad. 

:thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: BDS!? What BDS!?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
Stoopud boosh

Muslims never hurt xtians until boosh stole the election and faked 9/11 to get us into an illegal war!!!

BTW - how many DUmmies secretly wish they could have been the ones pulling the trigger if not for the fact they have to feign indignation in order to hang another indictment on the president?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Chrisitians have never been persecuted in the Middle East.

Hey DUmmies, this would not have happened without Coalition involvement and the removal of Saddam -

Michael Yon emails: "I photographed men and women, both Christians and Muslims, placing a cross atop the St. John's Church in Baghdad. They had taken the cross from storage and a man washed it before carrying it up to the dome. A Muslim man had invited the American soldiers from 'Chosen' Company 2-12 Cavalry to the church, where I videotaped as Muslims and Christians worked and rejoiced at the reopening of St John's, an occasion all viewed as a sign of hope. The Iraqis asked me to convey a message of thanks to the American people. 'Thank you, thank you,' the people were saying. One man said, 'Thank you for peace.' Another man, a Muslim, said 'All the people, all the people in Iraq, Muslim and Christian, is brother.' The men and women were holding bells, and for the first time in memory freedom rang over the ravaged land between two rivers.

http://instapundit.com/archives2/011413.php
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:08:42 AM »
The DUmmie answer for everything = It's Bush's fault.

I've said this before and I believe it now more than ever...President Bush could find the cure for AIDS's...Cancer and Altzheimers in the next month and the Dummiles would STILL complain about how he didn't do it fast enough.

:whatever:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn