Author Topic: Rrstar.com Banned all Democrats Today.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Rrstar.com Banned all Democrats Today.
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »
 :thatsright: I see Balls.....lots and lots of balls

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3109398

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:14 AM
Original message
Rrstar.com Banned all Democrats Today.
 Advertisements [?]Our Cities only newspaper forum The Rockford Register Star, Rrstar.com
today purged and banned every single Democrat ,Progressive and Left leaning
independent today. That included myself and one other D.Uer.

Having lived here for more than thirty years I know there is a very strong
right wing presence here. The 16th. Congressional district has elected
and reelected Don Manzullo for pretty much a life term.

During this election year the right wingers have become increasingly hostile
to anyone that does not toll the Bush line but I never in a million years
thought this News Organization would go to such lengths.

I’ve PM’d and E-Mailed with no response. This is fascism at its very worst
Hopefully its not a preview of things to come nationwide.

-4 for making me click on the link and read this drivel............................they don't even try anymore, but as usual the primitives prove once again that they are IDJITS

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:17 AM
Response to Original message
1. That's probably illegal, or should be. Kick and recommend for input and outrage. nt

Donnachaidh  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 01:18 AM
2. Send the information to Countdown
 And let him give them a Worst person's award. And keep doing it until the forum explains it censorship.

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:22 AM
3. This is what they have been pushing for
 Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 01:23 AM by kiloman
A post from one of the Right Wingers

You know what? It is really doesn't bother me that FATCAT is still posting at RRStar under almost a half dozen usernames while my account there still remains inactive.

bootstrapbob
TomJoadsGhost
fastfreddy
Bruce_Butler
System of a Down
Jonathon Blaise
Stone Cold Steve
Psychotic Mastermind
D GR8 DB8R
The Lone Gunman
RastaGal
Chop Suey
Chi Town Charlie
Sergeant Major
Shockwave
Mirth Munch
ZEE

FatCat was banned some 6 months ago, Really gave it to em.
Every one on his list above AND MORE were kicked off

I believe that the story is starting to shed some light on the truth, yet the primitive idjits are to stoopid to understand personal
responsibility

murielm99  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 01:24 AM
4. Did you find out why you were banned?
 Did they make a statement?

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:27 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. It only states that you are banned
I think the moderator may be a right winger and is taking the word of the aboveposter that we are all trouble makers of dupes of this fatcat guy.

Multiple accounts, etc.

I broke the rules and they are making me pay the price.......I just thought I would say that all liberals, democrats and progressives were banned sounded better, than I broke the rules and was punished.

PATRICK (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:29 AM
7. Picket, boycott and drop
 leaflets?

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 01:30 AM
8. Sue!

:thatsright: We're going to ignore the truth here...................facist boosh paper evil jack booters

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:42 AM
Response to Reply #9
12. Yes, Gatehouse
 one of the banned members, TomJoadsGhost was forwarding some
of crap going on there directly to Gatehouse.

Obviously did no good, Bunker mentality

spuds (15 posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 01:33 AM
10. Nazi's
 you have a printer? print up a big swastika and stick one on all there public papper boxes and underneath tell the publick what they have done.

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:38 AM
11. I signed up under a new screen name and posted this
 Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 01:40 AM by kiloman
You ahve banned every Democrat

What gives you the Right to exclude people for thier views or on the word of an obvious dupe right wing dupe, Johnny Blaze.

I hope you know that lawsuit comes to mind here.

I dont expect an answer from MGT., Just more name calling from the Bush Crew.

Sorry, I'm pretty upset

http://community.e-rockford.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=...

Do people not read EULA's anymore??

kevinbgoode (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 01:43 AM
13. You need to handle this is a very pro-active, very pragmatic manner
 There are a few things you can do to make your voices heard, but it is going to take some work and perseverence.

First, you've acknowledged that you are not receiving any responses from the newspaper's editorial department concerning the ban. At this point, you don't know if this was an editorial decision by the newspaper management, or an ideological decision made by the website operator employed by the company for online content. You need to call the managing editor for the entire newspaper, followed by the publisher. If you can't email them directly, I suggest a phone call.
In this contact, you need to specifically point out issues you have with how you are being treated by the newspaper - and be specific. Ask them for the purpose of their online forum, ask if this is their entire newspaper editorial policy now, and be prepared to give them specific examples of inherent bias. Be polite and reasonable - even if they sound unreasonable.

If you don't get an adequate response, then it is time to go to their OWNERS. The Rockford newspaper is owned by GateHouse Media. . .http://www.gatehousemedia.com/aboutus /. . .you can locate a listing of management officials for the company. I'm not impressed by the lack of ethical description on their web site - meaning, they don't seem to have any posted statement of news ethics, so that may be a negative clue about their content. I haven't tried to do many other searches about the history of this company, but I suggest you do so before contacting them - the more you know about their agenda and policies, the better off you'll be in approaching them with your complaints. Those complaints can work, by the way. . .I've been a pain-in-the-ass to my local newspaper, and their parent company, for several years, and they listen to me. (of course, I have two degrees in journalism and have written a chapter in a text book, and have been a reporter, but that isn't necessary - it just means I understood how these companies are constructed. Don't be afraid of confronting the larger company with your complaint - if there is one thing a publisher hates, it's having the parent company field a complaint about their policies.

Now, there is always a chance that you won't get a good response. If that's the case, there is no reason to despair - it means you, and all of the other independent/progressives in Rockford (which has a rather large population) have reason to start organizing. If you have an entertainment newspaper in town (even a weekly) approach them with a request to write a weekly column, pointing out that the Register-Star refuses to air any point of view other than right-wing crap. If that isn't possible, it's time to get together with some other concerned locals - and create a web site that targets the content (and lack of content) in the newspaper about certain issues. Find someone with some journalism background who understands the limits and can judge the publication's ethics - if you go this route, put up flyers for people to access the site and encourage real discussion.

Newspapers are still struggling with figuring out how to handle online content. For over 100 years, they were used to being able to edit, screen, toss-aside and rewrite letters-to-the-editor, often the only forum which people could interact or question the content of the newspaper. Now, with an online presence, they suddenly realize that people are more open, more direct, sometimes more hostile, and are quick to engage in discourse with each other as they are about the newspaper content - and the paper can't run a forum and use the same level of controls as letters-to-the-editor without employing someone full-time, 24/7 to moniter the site. And this is your strongest argument. . .you are certainly within your rights as a consumer and participant, to question their dedication to providing forums for discussion if they limit participation to right wing zealots.

In the end, there are other things that are possible. Newspapers are generally not doing that well financially. . .if you organize well, their advertisers can be approached, subscribers can be encouraged to cancel subscriptions, and the parent company will certainly take notice of declining circulation and advertising dollars.

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:50 AM
Response to Reply #13
15. Thank You kevinbgoode
 I may have a few ideas.
We do have a progressive weekly in the Rock Rover Times, But no online forum
Then there is the Democratic meet up crew etc.

Thats why I posted this. D.U has some great activist and can show us the
proper way to approach this.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

struggle4progress  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:47 AM
14. Our political fights ultimately will not be won on the internet anyway: they'll be won when
 we organize moving people in the streets and workplaces

Come into my workplace protesting and you will be leaving with assistance

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:53 AM
Response to Reply #14
16. Your right, But we do need to counter their message
 of hate and division.
It's late, Just wait until Sat. They will go ape once they
see what their benifactor has done for them.

I'm pulling my hair out now

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:56 AM
Response to Reply #16
17. I’m paranoid, But 
 has anyone else here experienced this besides in Rockford ?

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:59 AM
Response to Reply #17
18. You are not paranoid, the net   
 with few exceptions, has become less and less friendly to people of certain political persuasions

And people need to take to the streets, physically

NO, not holding my breath on that one either. 

:lmao: First ya gotta leave the basement

kiloman (503 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 02:05 AM
Response to Reply #18
19. Well, That's one plus
 I wish I’d had a chance to get real world info on the others who were tossed.
The only one I know how to contact is my fellow D.Uer.

Should have known.

struggle4progress  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 02:08 AM
Response to Reply #16
20. Nothin wrong with kicking back against it: but there's plenty of this comin down the road

Bring it on biotch

Peanut Butter (25 posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 03:27 AM
21. In a Right Wing City, An Election Year, Hummm.
 Looks like the games begin.

orleans  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 04:28 AM
22. i wonder if all the dems who are rejoicing that randi rhodes has been   
 silenced (in effect "banned") from the airwaves are in agreement with this stunt as well.

Somebody that can search here, look up nappy headed ho's and see how they felt when...........hell that was one of their own

byronius  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 05:28 AM
Response to Reply #22
23. Jesus that had better end soon.
 I love Sam, but this is nervewracking, frankly. She's my Source.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Rrstar.com Banned all Democrats Today.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:43:44 AM »
anyone that does not toll the Bush line

Ok, this idiot is really too stupid to breathe.

You beat me by a minute.

Yeah, this "toll the line" is a new primitive cliche to cherish.

I would've never thought of it in a thousand years.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »
Ummmmmmmm this guy gets banned from a newspaper forum for breaking the rules and he gets this upset.  Someone needs to show him the door to his mommy's house and make him go get a real life.   :mental:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:31:23 AM »
DUmmie_kilo_of_dope_man (503 posts)   
11. I signed up under a new screen name and posted this
 Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 01:40 AM by kiloman
You ahve banned every Democrat. What gives you the Right to exclude people for thier views or on the word of an obvious dupe right wing dupe, Johnny Blaze.

Attention lurking DUmmies: Only the government is prohibited from putting limits on free speech. The above mentioned forum has every right as a privately owned entity to allow or disallow any form of speech that is within the law.
I have booted a few of my wife's LibTard friends from my house for their BDS and told them never to return and there is nothing they can do about it.

Think about this.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »
What gives you the Right to exclude people for thier views or on the word of an obvious dupe right wing dupe
The irony of this from someone from DU is dizzying.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 12:33:42 PM »
mwah!  :-)

Quote from: Legends
ANNA !

You have banned nearly every Democrat, Progressive and Independent on this forum.

What gives you the Right to exclude people for their views

Lawsuit comes to mind here amoung other things.

Quote from: dnewsman
Yep, here's one that I saw on the member list that has now popped up since his other alias' got booted, AND he's starting right back in with the same old garbage.

The RRStar does NOT exclude anyone for their points of view. They keep booting you off of here because of the incivility you bring to the forum (name calling, insults, false accusations), yet you keep coming back and doing the same things over and over.

Have you considered a different hobby, perhaps? One that doesn't involve being a pain in the backside to others.

http://community.e-rockford.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=61301#61301

More arguing at teh link...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
You f'n liberal idiots, you have NO f'n basis for a lawsuit. It's a private forum. You don't own it, work on it, or pay for it. You are a guest. Much like I was when I was banned from the fairly conservative Augusta Chronicle forums.

Are these idiots too stupid to realize they do the exact same thing at DU, with the possible exception being that it has nothing to do with actions, but the mere fact that one is a conservative?

Liberals are f'n morons.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »
JTIFF89
Golden Member

Why was my post censured for days?
Quote:
A Censured story...Just re-released by RRSTAR. -

JTIFF89
Golden Member

How much demand would there be in America for a nice Geo. "W" Bush watch? At 12:00 the watch laughs and says "Were addicted to oil", at 3:00 the watch says "$4.00 a gallon for gas!!!", at 6:00 the watch says "My brother Jeb tells me that we will win Florida" and at 9:00 the watch says..."Osama...I don't really think about him much..."

The sad truth of the story is $4.00 for a gallon of gas and 4,000 of our soldiers killed for no reason.

Anna Voelker...Can you give me an answer?

http://community.e-rockford.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5274&sid=3ba52043b5ce53cd3f6995717faf0fa1

Requesting a formal apology to misled stateline residents - 
JTIFF89
Golden Member

Requesting a formal apology to misled stateline residents

This message is aimed at the Rockford Republican Star staff,
Can you please admit that you were very wrong in your backing of George "W" Bush during the last two elections? Your Newspaper mislead many stateline area residents to vote for this idiot that has destroyed our country and killed 4,000 of our soldiers for no reason.

I would like a formal apology to your customers, Your paper misled them into voting to possibly end our country as we know it.

http://community.e-rockford.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5315&sid=3ba52043b5ce53cd3f6995717faf0fa1

What an annoying little turd.  If the rest of his friends posted crap like that, I'd ban them too.   :whatever:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:44:55 PM by Chris »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »
Someone call the Whambulance. I think JTIFF89 just broke a nail.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »
 :bawl:

kiloman (512 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 01:54 PM
Response to Reply #35
37. This is how they’ve been doing it
 Once they identify someone as being on the left they immediately start calling you
a banned member, Usually one named “FatCat”

This is followed by reams of complaints to the moderators asserting this along with
the usual name calling hoping to get you to respond in kind at which point you get banned while they walk away Scott free.

I believe there is no more than four of them doing this, They hang out at a site called:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/harrrstarboard/index.php

One of them obviously has multiple accounts, The Johnny Blaze character.
This has worked for them to perfection, I’ve never seen a Newspaper Forum
ban a whole crop of people like this.

Here is what was waiting for me this morning after a posted a complaint to the moderators.

All the WingNuts signified by a star *

My post to the forum Mod:
You have banned nearly all Democrats on this forum ANNA !
You have banned nearly every Democrat, Progressive and Independent on this forum.

What gives you the Right to exclude people for their views
Or on the word of an obvious right wing dupe, Johnny Blaze who also goes by
Psycotic Mastermind, Magnetron, Thorn, Typhoid Mary, Anarchitect ,2548-week-old fetus, keith13, jockstrapbob, Fatcat, missbehavin1010, Jeff Semiche, jonathonb61, Kiloman, Among others here and at his Anti-Rrstar Message Forum hosting such catagories as this:

Yep, here's one that I saw on the member list that has now popped up since his other alias' got booted, AND he's starting right back in with the same old garbage.The RRStar does NOT exclude anyone for their points of view. They keep booting you off of here because of the incivility you bring to the forum (name calling, insults, false accusations), yet you keep coming back and doing the same things over and over.

Have you considered a different hobby, perhaps? One that doesn't involve being a pain in the backside to others.

ME:
Say’s one of the elite Right.
What was the giveaway you noticed, The two Black men in the avatar ?
Your scenario doesn't hold water
Only Democrats have been banned from this site.

Your excuse that only banned members are being purged is also a joke.
It’s obviously CODE for Democrats.

And the fact that you post here for something meant for Anna and the Rrstar.com
Also shows the amount of arrogance you Right Wingers display here.

There has been mounds of name calling by the Far Right yet they go on and on.
This has been documented and is a clear as glass.

Thanks again for proving my point of making false accusations.
You're picking up right where you left off.

ME:
And your a Right Wing Shill interjecting yourself into something that
doesn't concern you.

This makes at least six different Forum members you have accused of being a banned forum member.
As I stated, This is code for Democrat.

You stated that you knew from looking at the Members list that I was a banned member.
The members list only shows five things.
Screen Name :

As YOU stated, You KNEW I wasn't a friendly member from what ?

My Location: Rockford ??
My Birth Date: 08/14/74 ??
My Screen Name: Legends ??
My Gender male: ??

No, The Avatar of two Black Men obviously
MLK and Malcolm X

Now go away

Right back to the name calling, too. Thanks for once again showing why you've been booted from here over and over.

No, they banned obnoxious idiots, who repeatedly violated the forum rules. The fact that most of them espoused Far-Left Liberal views says far more about THEIR deficient character, than about that of the forum administrators.

I am an Independent. I have not been banned.
It seems that the bans have occurred because of peoples' actions, not their political views. Take some personal responsibility, Fatcat.

Note that with the absence of FATCAT, Del Wasso and their clones accounts ...
http://community.e-rockford.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=...

... real members like mattygbd, Parent2 and UTB feel comfortable enought to post real topics and have real discussions, without worry that someone is going to bury these under a mountain of cut & paste and spam or get caught up in some juvenile flame war.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see they assume I am a banned member, I’m not, At least I wasn't
until the mass purge. But as I said, It works to perfection for them

bullwinkle428  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 02:10 PM
40. I was just at the site myself - I see no evidence of this "banning"
 http://community.e-rockford.com/forums/

I always like Bullwinkle. "Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

kiloman (512 posts)     Sat Apr-05-08 02:15 PM
Response to Reply #40
41. Thats because we are all GONE
 What is it you are looking for ?
All of the postings as well as the screen names of all these individuals are GONE.

Will this be what it is like when we finally get them all in the camps?

varelse  (387 posts)      Sat Apr-05-08 04:39 PM
44. Maybe your city's only newspaper needs some competition
 Any chance of you banding together and starting up your own news forum for the area?

WHAT!?! And leave the basement?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!