Author Topic: If we have all of this oil why do we even need the Arabs ?  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
 :thatsright:

Legit question right out the gate....................and true first response to it...........

megimoo 
Senior Member   Posts: 12,954

If we have all of this oil why do we even need the Arabs ? - 04-02-2008 , 11:40 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bakken Oil Formation Holds Billions of Barrels in N.D.

The Bakken Formation in North Dakota could boost America’s oil reserves by an incredible 10 times, according to a report Wednesday. The Bakken Oil Formation, which covers North Dakota and portions of Montana and South Dakota, is believed to have 175 to 500 billion barrels of recoverable oil.
The 200,000 square mile reserve that was initially discovered in 1951.

In 2007, EOG Resources of Texas drilled a single well in Parshal N.D. that is expected to have yielded 700,000 barrels of oil. Marathon Oil is investing $1.5 billion and drilling 300 new wells. IIn the next 30 days, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) will release a new report giving an accurate assessment of the Bakken Oil Formation.

The United States imported about 14 million barrels of oil per day in 2007, which meant U.S. consumers have spent $340 billion dollars in exported oil.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsSt...id=42081&cat=1

I bet bad cat knows all about this oil formation

MrsSmith 
Senior Member   Posts: 7,708

04-03-2008 , 07:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because we have cities full of liberal idiots who really believe that pumping our own oil is a sin against the Great Mother Earth.

Now let the nutzism begin

john c calhoun 
Senior Member   Posts: 14,451

04-03-2008 , 10:20 AM

because we have GWB as president....thats why we are FORCED into increasing ME imports of shitty , overpriced crude oil....

pre Boooooosh's in the US, we imported around 5-6% from the towel heads & that number was pretty well consistent since the 1920's or so....(so was the price of gas/oil)

after papa booooosh & jr f**ked things up for most americans, starting w/ Booosh's first gulf war & continuing w/ part deux today, we now get around 23% of our oil from the towel heads...

who's the biggest winners?:

exxon, BP, shell, the boooosh family , the house o' saud & the Israeli's ....

and the saudimites will really be rolling in dough if boooooshy has his way w/ the Iranians' ...

so yeah, actually, there really is NO vital national security that effects 'america' in the ME & there really is no reason 'america' needs to be or needed to be dragged into Booosh's private matters.... since we have PLENTY of oooooil here, as well as something the towel heads don't have (TREE's & a lumber industry) .,.... thus providing what was WASTE material for decades, now, an emerging BOOM industry called 'wood pellets' ...

I guess it just slips by crazy uncle johnny that we can't cut half the trees down...........and a lot of other countries have trees............also I really wonder how much oil is used in forestry.....I had my saw set to use a tank of bar oil per tank of gas, which also had 2-cycle oil.

LogansPapa 
Senior Member   Posts: 2,363

04-03-2008 , 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSmith
Because we have cities full of liberal idiots who really believe that pumping our own oil is a sin against the Great Mother Earth. 

Well actually, the tree huggers are used as a very public tool by the movers-and-shakers of America to make you think they stop hole punching and domestic crude generation alternatives.

If you’re in a life boat and you have a secret supply of water, you’re going to use the group’s water supply before you use your own. It’s no more complicated than that.

Why should we use our own reserves when the government can simply declare an energy emergency (reference ‘border fence construction up to and including 01/20/09’ for perspective) and start drilling in movie star’s back yards in Beverly Hills.

freedumb2003 
Senior Member   Posts: 2,198

04-03-2008 , 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSmith
Because we have cities full of liberal idiots who really believe that pumping our own oil is a sin against the Great Mother Earth. :rolleyes:

And even if we pumped it, we have no place to refine it. There has nott been a new refinery built in the USA in 25 years, thanks to those same idiots.

I don't trust this poster................. :-)

john c calhoun 
Senior Member   Posts: 14,451

04-03-2008 , 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb2003
And even if we pumped it, we have no place to refine it. There has nott been a new refinery built in the USA in 35 years, thanks to those same idiots, & fatpuke republicans pretending to want new competition & refineries for exxon, valero & all the corps making RECORD profits right now .

fixed:

john c calhoun 
Senior Member   Posts: 14,454

04-03-2008 , 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldwarrior
My observation was prompted by a comment in the WalMart thread that, if you don't like WalMart, don't shop there. Well, by the same logic, if Americans don't like the Sauds (or whomever is selling the oil), don't shop there.

comparing oil/gas to trinkets, little debbies & kids clothing is BEYOND STUPID....

unless you care to expand on your rationalizations, by having a similar cavalier attitude towards owning humans as property (cause its your state right), or by being to dump toxic waste by the truck load on your own property, cause by gummit, its your property ....

Hinge coming loose

LogansPapa 
Senior Member   Posts: 2,364

04-03-2008 , 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking
We could be completely independent of the middle east if it were not for Democrats and other liberals.

The Republicans have controlled Congress for how many years from the time of and including Bush 41?

The stoopid is strong here............very strong

john c calhoun 
Senior Member   Posts: 14,454

04-04-2008 , 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacarnut
Between you and LogansPapa, the two of you'll knowledge about the oil industry would not fill a thimble. China & India are IMPORTERS of oil so they do not have any to EXPORT.

The Saudi's are building refineries like crazy and are getting ready to import the finished product (gasoline) to the US. The shipping cost will not increase the price of what is refined here. In fact, it might be cheaper and run our refiner's out of business. Valero who is the largest refiner in the US is trying to sell (3) of its 17 refineries because their profit margins are very small.

if tEh incompentent dumbf**ks here in the US can blowup their own refineries everyyear, while over the past 4-5 years cause a 3 fold increases in costs for a defective product (ethanol additives these days) ....then I'm sure the chinese can do it as well in 5 years, but for 3/4 less the money (after shipping) ...
boooyah !!!

first the american car companies, next, the american oil companies ....(going down el toiletta thanks to more effecient foreign competition)

Holy hell :thatsright: :mental:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: If we have all of this oil why do we even need the Arabs ?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »
JCC believes Ron Paul is a conservative.  He also believes he's one, too.  Nuff said.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
Oh my.

I think our good friend John C. Calhoun is trying too hard with his internet persona.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »
Everytime I see a JCC thread I can't help but think that.....somewhere....a village is missing its idiot.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
Everytime I see a JCC thread I can't help but think that.....somewhere....a village is missing its idiot.

doc

:lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »
Someone that can still post over there should remind the retarded uncle of just how much oil is used in everything besides the making of gasoline. Yeah we have tons of oil we are sitting on and could drill for it in a minute but the price of gasoline won't be coming down anytime soon as long as the Government has huge taxes on the price and the liberal Enviromental whiners stop us from getting one drop out of the ground. Bush has nothing to do with  it despite Jackhole Johnny saying so.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »

doc
JCC is full of shit.  He don't believe the shit he says.  He likes the attention.  He's not that stupid.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 03:55:33 PM »
That thread looks alot like CU.  I recognize every name on there.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
That thread looks alot like CU.  I recognize every name on there.

it is cu.
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »
because we have GWB as president....thats why we are FORCED into increasing ME imports of shitty , overpriced crude oil....

pre Boooooosh's in the US, we imported around 5-6% from the towel heads & that number was pretty well consistent since the 1920's or so....(so was the price of gas/oil)

after papa booooosh & jr f**ked things up for most americans, starting w/ Booosh's first gulf war & continuing w/ part deux today, we now get around 23% of our oil from the towel heads...

Crazy Uncle Johnnie getting it tragically wrong...again.

The hoopla about the Bush connection to Saudi oil is not very significant when compared to the overall picture of foreign sources of petroleum. Canada and Mexico provide America with 33% of all of our annual imported crude oil. Other Central and South American nations provide us with an additional 18%. America imports 22% of its crude oil from the Middle East and 21% from various African nations. We get just 14% of our crude oil from Saudi Arabia. Interestingly, 98% of Saudi Arabia oil exports are sent to America, according to a recent Middle East Media and Research Institute report.

http://thestateofamerica.wordpress.com/2008/01/22/foreign-oil-dependence-of-american-consumers-and-presidential-candidates/

The continual caving to the environmental whackjobs in this country has also contributed to the increase in forein oil imports.

Especially during the Clinton years.

Everyone BUT the U.S. is drilling the large reserves in the Gulf Of Mexico.  The Dems have closed off any discussion of ANWR and the entire coast of California is closed off from new exploration.

Not to mention that the largest increases in taxes  on a gallon of gas came under Billy Jeff.

JCC your BDS is getting worse.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »
Its going to be hard to figure out which will finaly drive that tool over the edge the fastest. His ignorance or his BDS. I hope he loves living up there so far north that frostbite of the brain is one of the many things that can make you post stupid shit online. I also hope he loves the fact that more and more libs are moving into Vermont because he'll wake up one day in a liberal paradise and won't be able to do jack about it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
Its going to be hard to figure out which will finaly drive that tool over the edge the fastest. His ignorance or his BDS. I hope he loves living up there so far north that frostbite of the brain is one of the many things that can make you post stupid shit online. I also hope he loves the fact that more and more libs are moving into Vermont because he'll wake up one day in a liberal paradise and won't be able to do jack about it.

I thought he lives in Maine??

(not that there is much difference....)

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »
No he has said a few times over at CU that he lies in Vermont because of their lax gun laws there which, once enough east coast libs move in will probably become a moot point and then what is he going to do?
MOLON LABE