Author Topic: The Real Reason Why Gas Prices Are So High  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
The Real Reason Why Gas Prices Are So High
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
I thought this would be the appropriate place for this...............my, my

megimoo 
Senior Member   Posts: 12,504

The Real Reason Why Gas Prices Are So High - Clinton, McCain, Pelosi, Obama, and the - 03-08-2008 , 07:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Real Reason Why Gas Prices Are So High - Clinton, McCain, Pelosi, Obama, and the tree huggers .

"No nuclear power plants,no drilling in Alaska,no refineres,no off shore drilling in California or Florida or anyywhere off the American coast .They mean to cripple us with this enviromental nonsense and quasi science. We have as much crude available as the Arabs but they,the enviro wackeys will do anything to prevent us from drilling for it !"

Everybody’s crying about the high price of gasoline these days, including me, but who’s doing anything about it? And, who’s responsible for these high prices in the first place? For years I’ve been contacting the Democratic Party leaders in Congress about drilling for more oil here at home – in Alaska and offshore. I’ve also been complaining about the lack of new refineries being built because of the wacko environmentalist morons on the left holding the American economy hostage. Despite this, Democratic House...

http://snydecomments.blogtownhall.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(When in doubt punt !)

OwlMBA 
Because I Can   Posts: 12,363

03-08-2008 , 07:59 PM

When was the last time the oil companies were allowed to build a refinery in this country? The 70s?

We need more access to our own reserves and we need more refineries. Sure, alternative fuels are great and necessary, but they dont come out overnight. Until we have a viable alternative to oil (25 years away, at least) we need better access to domestic reserves and more refineries.
Because I can, that's why.

Sanity and reason to begin this post......................

Goldwater 
Senior Member   Posts: 1,225

03-08-2008 , 08:41 PM
Inflaaaaaation and the value of the dollar be the reason.

flat tar 
Senior Member   Posts: 345

03-09-2008 , 08:20 PM
That article is common knowledge. It's a sore spot for every one of us every time we gas up, or pay heating bills, not to mention the embedded costs in almost everything else. I believe a person could be elected on such common sense issues. But, nobody seems to have the balls to risk upsetting the enviros. It's the same with the global warming. I suppose they're one and the same. They must be powerful to intimidate, it appears, everybody.

noonwitch 
Senior Member   Posts: 1,578

03-10-2008 , 09:13 AM
Suze Orman was on the Today show last week, advising people to buy gas cards with any extra money they have, because it's going to get really expensive soon.

I will likely buy a $50 one when I get my tax refund, just to put aside for my vacation this summer.

JohnnyReb 
Senior Member   Posts: 3,392

03-10-2008 , 09:32 AM
I was listening to the radio for a few minutesn this morning (unusual for me, it was on when I got in). Some dude and dudette was discussing gas prices nationwide. They said the national average for the cheap stuff was $3.21/.9. It ranged from a low of $2.??.9 in Wisc. to a high of $4.22/.9 in Oakland California.
People in California make more money, right? Therefore they should pay more, right? Well, they do and they do.....hahahahaha ....that's what they get for being so liberal.

Crazy Uncle Johnny....................... :thatsright:

john c calhoun 
Senior Member   Posts: 14,027

03-10-2008 , 09:38 AM
GREED....

thats the real reason gas/oil prices are getting so high...

and all the dumbass fatpuke republican voters that think its cute to play oil baron's right now are gonna be ROYALLY SCREWED when hillary or obama socialize just about everything after they take the whitehouse...

these high gas/oil prices, along w/ the tanking housing/banking industry, will all but ASSURE hillary/obama gets elected....

so I don't want to here any whining here at CU from so called conservatives...

cause you made your odwn bed...

by the way, I jsut went and bought a pellet stove that takes Corn &/or Wood Pellets for fuel ...

so my consumption of heating per year will drop from around 1500 gallons at home, down to around 150 gallons....

thats not quite as good as what has become of my propane/heating oil consumption at the store : ie: ZERO ...

I'm urging ALL my 1500 customers to do everything they can to DUMP anything petro in their daily use.... from heating oil, to plastics...... which is no problem for alot of them because they are already crunchy/granola type....

I'm getting rid of plastic bags at the store & I'm trying to eliminate as many products packaged in plastic that I can ....

john c calhoun 

03-10-2008 , 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlMBA
When was the last time the oil companies were allowed to build a refinery in this country? The 70s?

We need more access to our own reserves and we need more refineries. Sure, alternative fuels are great and necessary, but they dont come out overnight. Until we have a viable alternative to oil (25 years away, at least) we need better access to domestic reserves and more refineries.

oh yeah, and they're really whining about having fewer refineries for an increased marketshare ...aren't they ! ....

I'm sure GWB & the GOP dominated govenrment really considreed tree huggers after the WTC went down & we went into Iraq....

yeah tree huggers scared them so much, they didn't use the momentum or majority government & use national security to FORCE new refineries in the US..... yeah, they were too scared...

profits have NEVER been better & theres the real reason for 'no new refineries' ...

monopolies & oligopolies don't complain about not having enough competition...

thundley4 
Member   Posts: 42

03-10-2008 , 09:40 AM
I have tried to bring up the subject of drilling for US oil and the lack of new refineries to a leftist on Cubs.com. Their excuse is that the oil companies don't want to spend their huge profits on new refineries. They make more profits with a limited supply of gas and don't have to pay for a new refinery.

john c calhoun 

03-10-2008 , 09:42 AM
and those lefties would be smarter than you ....

pretty sad man...

john c calhoun 

03-10-2008 , 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megimoo
So you are joining the Green Machine .What a whimp, next you will be driving a Saab !

no...

I'm a conservative...

and conservatives don't intentionally impoverish & poison themselves .... DUH ...

why should I keep paying too much money for petro products, when there are less expensive & LESS POISONOUS alternatives ??

looks like the 'green' crowd is alot smarter than what has become of the hopeless GOP... ??

pretty sad...

again, I don't want to hear any whining when you dumb****s get obama or hillary elected...

its your fault

john c calhoun 

03-10-2008 , 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundley4
Not likely. Environuts block every attempt at building refineries and drilling in this country. When a company gets even close to meeting all the environmental neccessities, the loons move the goal posts.

those loons don't control DC ...

$$$BLING$$$ does & those loons don't have piss in a bucket compared to the petro/chemical industry...

I'd suggest you pull your head out of rush limbaugh & the supposed right wing medias FAT ASS & think about what makes this world go round ....

answer: POWER & MONEY ....and that lies in the petro/oil co's, not hairy armpitted, jobless tree huggers...

john c calhoun 
Senior Member   Posts: 14,028

03-10-2008 , 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacarnut
If you knew what you were talking about it would be funny but you don't. You have 1/2 of the equation right though. The greed is on the part of the federal government and states in the form of gasoline taxes. The profit the oil companies make on a gal of gasoline is very small compared to the 47 cent per gal the feds and states suck out of us in taxes. Another point you missed is the oil companies pay billions of dollars a year for oil leases. There is no guarantee that when they drill that they will not hit a dry hole. The government does not ever hit a dry hole.

The last time gas prices got high, there was talk of reducing the federal taxes. Prez. Bush shit canned that idea very quickly. I don't know the exact figure but between gasoline taxes, corporation taxes of 32% the oil companies pay, federal offshore and onshore leases and witholding taxes, we are getting ****ed. Not by the oil companies but by Uncle Sam with all these taxes on the oil companies which in totality equals trillions.

oh I agree not ALL the oil co's are the problem, but, the ones you tools keep dumping your money into are ..EXXON... & of course, their allies the chemical co's....

all the taxes oil co's have to pay are made back 100 fold since they get FREE MILITARY & monopoly protection...

f**k them, they deserve NO tears & I'm sick of their shit & I'm doing something about it...

I'm goin' green awright..... I'm chopping down trees & I'm burning them

and I also see that BMW has a hydrogen car ??? . ....

I'm thinking that my next vehicle will not even take petro ??? ...(I"m looking into buying a new vehicle in 2012 )

My............Oh my...........though plenty of sanity shows in that thread

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116400
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: The Real Reason Why Gas Prices Are So High
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »
If crazy uncle johnny is a conservative, I'm starting QB for the Cowboys. *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 04:07:10 PM »
If crazy uncle johnny is a conservative, I'm starting QB for the Cowboys. *eyeroll*

Hey man get me the ball on the next play...I can beat the safety down the sidelines.

:rotf:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »
Glad to see even the newbies recognize Crazy Uncle Johnny for what he is: a lunatic who is no conservative.  :mental:

We DO need to start drilling those fields and building new refineries. The government just needs to tell the environmentalists to go f*** themselves and let us have that oil.   

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:40:02 AM »
The Real Reason Why Gas Prices Are So High - Clinton, McCain, Pelosi, Obama, and the tree huggers .

What!? Nothing about the JOOOOOOOOOOS? I am shocked! :o
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 03:35:13 AM »
Now I'm a little concerned here.

Our good friend John C. ditches propane and changes to heating the store with a furnace that burns.....corn?

Of course, such things are around; they in fact were invented in Nebraska.

Problem however.

Wouldn't that increase the demand for corn, driving up the price of corn?

And farmers are producing corn as fast as they can, as much as they can, already.

So we go from an oil shortage to a corn shortage, if everybody follows John C.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »

Our good friend John C. ditches propane and changes to heating the store with a furnace that burns.....corn?

Problem however.

And farmers are producing corn as fast as they can, as much as they can, already.

Actually Frank, I think they burn the cobs...not the corn.....

However, these stoves also pollute the "air"....so where is a greenie to go?

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »
The simple concept of world supply vs. world demand completely flies right over the head of JCC.  But he'll be the first to cry to the gov't for help, just like he told us about when the big drug stores started moving into his area and undercutting his prices and he bitched and moaned to his State reps.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:53:32 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »
JCC doesn't beliave his own bullshit.  He's just playing a game.  He's not that stupid, and it shows.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »
JCC doesn't beliave his own bullshit.  He's just playing a game.  He's not that stupid, and it shows.
I don't know about that...he may not be really stupid, but he is nearly unable to write a coherant post.  Maybe he samples too many of those drugs he's supposed to be selling...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 10:00:58 AM »
I don't know about that...he may not be really stupid, but he is nearly unable to write a coherant post.  Maybe he samples too many of those drugs he's supposed to be selling...

This is my take an JCC............. :fuelfire:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 09:39:18 PM »

Problem however.

Biofuel is bad for the environment because you have to clear forest to grow corn. Also, it creates dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du