Author Topic: primitives discuss Patrick Kennedy  (Read 1064 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss Patrick Kennedy
« on: August 29, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6421108

Oh my.

bookworm65t (736 posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 06:07 PM
Original message

Patrick Kennedy

We know that Ted Kennedy worked for the rights of mental health people. Anyone catch Rep. Patrick Kennedy admitting that he is one of the 55 million Americans with mental illness himself? I have known that he is a BP like myself, and I appreciate his mention of it. But I believe that he wasn't more specific only because he didn't want to take attention from his father.

proud patriot   (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 06:09 PM
Response to Original message

1. My son has BP

Hopefully we finally found the right meds .

I'm glad Patrick spoke openly about it .

Ocracoker16  (868 posts)       Sat Aug-29-09 06:15 PM
Response to Original message

2. I am BP too

Patrick Kennedy has had addiction issues in addition to having bipolar disorder. He was featured in an aricle in BP magazine.

Well, that's it, that's the whole bonfire; that's all the primitives have to say about Patrick Kennedy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: primitives discuss Patrick Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »
My BP was 130/70 when I was at my cardi doc's office Thursday afternoon.  I'm speaking out about BP.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 05:29:34 PM »
Ok...  I don't want to "descriminate" here, but we won't let Bi-Polar people into the military, so why the **** are we letting them run this country?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »
It's hard to keep all the Kennedy spawn straight. Now, is Patrick the one on heroin?
Or is he the rapist? Or the one who molested the babysitter? No, I think he's the one addicted
to prescription drugs, or maybe he's the one who thinks President Bush bombed the World Trade Center.
I'm pretty sure he isn't the one who bought an annulment that the Vatican cancelled. No, I
think he's the one most people think is gay. Anyway, he gives speeches where he talks about
being mentally ill, and he's in the running for patriarch.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »
I was board earlier today and watched some of the funeral. I never paid much attention to the Kennedy's but when I saw Patrick speak today I seriously thought he was mentally "slow". After listening to both Ted Jr. and Patrick it appears the wrong one is in congress. I was actually impressed with Ted Jr.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
I was board earlier today and watched some of the funeral. I never paid much attention to the Kennedy's but when I saw Patrick speak today I seriously thought he was mentally "slow". After listening to both Ted Jr. and Patrick it appears the wrong one is in congress. I was actually impressed with Ted Jr.

I was lucky today, spent 12 hours at work with my mp3 player blaring through my radio.  I didn't hear one single mention of the funeral.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:06:31 PM »
I was lucky today, spent 12 hours at work with my mp3 player blaring through my radio.  I didn't hear one single mention of the funeral.

Well I'm stuck in a hotel with limited channels and nothing to do. If someone can find a YouTube of it they should post it on here (I'd do it but I'm on my iPhone). Seriously he sounds "not quite right" in the head.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »
Well I'm stuck in a hotel with limited channels and nothing to do. If someone can find a YouTube of it they should post it on here (I'd do it but I'm on my iPhone). Seriously he sounds "not quite right" in the head.

Something like this?
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqvhe5JGQH0[/youtube]

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »

Wanton drug abuse will do that to one's speech.

But I get the impression the youngest one has had speech impediments since a very early age, and undoubtedly it's related to the childhood trauma of watching his father abuse his mother.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »

You're that bored of the beach already?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
There's a reason they call him Patches.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 10:05:15 PM »
There's a reason they call him Patches.

Patches?
The dodgeball legend?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »
You're that bored of the beach already?

I think my uveitis is back so I have to stay out of the sun until I can get to a doctor on Monday. It's really making me mad because I had a brand new bottle of pred-forte (the steriod eye drop for my uveitis) and I have been flooding my eye with it and it appears to be getting it worse.

I bet it came back because of the stress from moving. I haven't had a bout of it in about 5 months so I'm not a happy camper right now. We are suppose to get the keys to our house tomorrow and I'm not even excited.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »
I think my uveitis is back so I have to stay out of the sun until I can get to a doctor on Monday. It's really making me mad because I had a brand new bottle of pred-forte (the steriod eye drop for my uveitis) and I have been flooding my eye with it and it appears to be getting it worse.

I bet it came back because of the stress from moving. I haven't had a bout of it in about 5 months so I'm not a happy camper right now. We are suppose to get the keys to our house tomorrow and I'm not even excited.

I'd forgotten about your move. I hate moving! Moving SUCKS! And now THIS. Hope things start improving soon!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 11:20:01 AM »
Oh BEG honey, I'm thinking about you!! I was wondering if you were close to getting the keys because you mentioned the end of Aug.

Hang in there! Maybe the doc will give you some encouraging news on Monday. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
Wanton drug abuse will do that to one's speech.

But I get the impression the youngest one has had speech impediments since a very early age, and undoubtedly it's related to the childhood trauma of watching his father abuse his mother.

OMG Frank.

What you saw was a son burying his father and his great devotion to his dad.

I agree with Beg, the man was not in his right mind, but then children that respect their parents are crazy when they have to bury a loved one.

The conflicting emotions for children when a parent dies is so hard even if and especially if that parent hat mistreated them or their other parent and family.

About drug abuse, I have been  to many an Irish and Polish wake when the Priest was half passed out. If the deceased was a female, relatives would wander past and gaze for moments on end at the body.  If a male, there would be a huge buffet upstairs and wine up the ying yang. The kids would fall asleep under the food tables a good send  off to uncle whoosit.

Frank, these people live in another world, we cannot judge them as pears, our pears are everyday Joe's and Janie's.We have no more idea what is or is not expected in their life style then we know the rules of the game for the homeless.

We have the money above us, they get privileges we don't have, then the poorest of the poor that actually have a few more rights then us  above them do. Free lawyers, cheap housing, free food.

I do not know what the next few months will bring for that family, every one will want a piece of the pie, wills can and have been broken, we may hear rumors of family doing cut throat each other but it will be kept under wraps I HOPE.

Strange that we in our generation get to see the collaps of a family just as interesting as the Romanov's.