Author Topic: truemud primitive fears troll invasion of Skins's island  (Read 441 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
truemud primitive fears troll invasion of Skins's island
« on: August 29, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6417652

Oh my.

Bonfires right and left on Skins's island, alerting to invasion.

The truemud primitive who, like the forked primitive, has the gall, the chutzpah, the nerve, the unmitigated arrogance, to dare think he knows as much about sports as the cboy4 primitive:

trumad  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 10:02 AM
Original message

There are times like today where I wish our community as a whole can TS invading trolls...

They're out in force today and the Mods will be working overtime.

Oh, whooop-dee-do.

nc4bo  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:05 AM
Response to Original message

1. They've been stinking up the place since Sen. Kennedy's death was announced and the mods have done a fantastic job getting rid of these piece of shit.

Thank goodness DU has good people to stand watch.

Teaser  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:06 AM

2. we need to be able to rate individual comments as well as threads and the rating should contribute to an autoban. too many negative ratings coming in all at once should lock an account from posting temporarily and notify a mod.

trumad  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 10:08 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. Exactly--- 

Now with that said---I'd have been locked out a dozen or more times over the last several years...

BUT---A simple email to the mod or admin and they can review my status and either reinstate me or let me eat worm dirt.

havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 10:12 AM
Response to Reply #2

6. We can rate comments: Alert button!

The mods get them all.

Teaser  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:31 AM
Response to Reply #6

11. not the same...

I'd like a more automated system.

imdjh  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:18 AM
Response to Reply #2

8. Ever been to You Tube? 

They do that, and not surprisingly the thumbs down button doesn't correspond to violations of TOS, more often it corresponds to silencing the differing opinion.

Any thumbs up or thumbs down type of thing tends to get juvenile.

Yeah, it does.

Teaser  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:30 AM
Response to Reply #8

10. nah, it works at kos

cause the community will downrate people who abuse the downrate system.

You just need an intelligent enough community to make it work. Youtube is full of high school kids and their adult equivalents.

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:07 AM

3. We're looking for them trumad

Have no fear

franksolich has no fear, either.

trumad  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 10:09 AM
Response to Reply #3

5. LOL

Is it like a hunt? It's gotta be a little fun?

I dunno.

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:13 AM
Response to Reply #5

7. Sure - look for the smelly freepturd posts

liberalmuse  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 10:25 AM

9. These are adults. Think about it, and be horrified.

On a day they know we DUers are mourning one of our own- the Greatest man to ever sit in The Senate, there are people out there who are so hate filled and bitter that they can do nothing but spread the ugliness and darkness inside of them. Adults. Ted Kennedy was a better human being than the lot of them, and they can't taint anything but their own already putrid and rotting souls.

Yeah, yeah.

imdjh  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:34 AM
Response to Reply #9

12. The greatest man to ever sit in the Senate? That's quite a declaration.

And bound to be challenged, just as any declaration of the greatest President.

Elizabeth I however, is another matter. Clearly the greatest monarch.

Well, franksolich ain't going to argue with the last sentence there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

Re: truemud primitive fears troll invasion of Skins's island
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »
You know Frank I thought you were dangerously close to letting the feline out of the satchel the other day.  I remember musing at the time that the thread you were commenting on had all the hallmarks of one started by a high post covert mole looking to lure wacko comments from the fruit an nut primitives.

The thread was having its desired result.  There was a well constructed thesis with a great trap door which could be sprung once a sufficient number of dummies joined. (It used one of their favorite sources to easily disprove the entire thread thesis.)  I could not help think what a good job the agent had done.  Such a thread usually gets picked up at other sites where the false premise is exposed and bingo here it was.  I am not sure who's mole it was but I would almost guarantee it was a bond fire set by a mole.  While you will never be able to over estimate teh amount of stoopid on the island, this one was just too perfect IMHO.

Are there any posts on here about running covert agents at the dump?  I mean there are several strategies that can be employed.  I am not sure how many agent provocateurs are currently operating there but at one time I knew of some who had hearts and more than a couple moderators. 

I have had a successful mole there for at least five years.   Even got a heart one time. :heart: :lmao: I just never had the time to run a moderator mole.  It can be a source of great entertainment.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »
Elizabeth I however, is another matter. Clearly the greatest monarch.

Well, franksolich ain't going to argue with the last sentence there.

Is she the one Lex Luger killed?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »
You know Frank I thought you were dangerously close to letting the feline out of the satchel the other day.  I remember musing at the time that the thread you were commenting on had all the hallmarks of one started by a high post covert mole looking to lure wacko comments from the fruit an nut primitives.

The thread was having its desired result.  There was a well constructed thesis with a great trap door which could be sprung once a sufficient number of dummies joined. (It used one of their favorite sources to easily disprove the entire thread thesis.)  I could not help think what a good job the agent had done.  Such a thread usually gets picked up at other sites where the false premise is exposed and bingo here it was.  I am not sure who's mole it was but I would almost guarantee it was a bond fire set by a mole.  While you will never be able to over estimate teh amount of stoopid on the island, this one was just too perfect IMHO.

Are there any posts on here about running covert agents at the dump?  I mean there are several strategies that can be employed.  I am not sure how many agent provocateurs are currently operating there but at one time I knew of some who had hearts and more than a couple moderators. 

I have had a successful mole there for at least five years.   Even got a heart one time. :heart: :lmao: I just never had the time to run a moderator mole.  It can be a source of great entertainment.

Thank you, sir.

I know one is supposed to be humble, but sometimes one can't help himself.
apres moi, le deluge