Author Topic: Just got home from Walgreens.  (Read 2441 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Just got home from Walgreens.
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:34:03 PM »
Star Member redstatebluegirl (9,461 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213607736

Last edited Wed Jun 17, 2020, 03:44 PM - Edit history (1)

My husband went in to get my prescription and pick up a couple of cleaning supplies while I stayed in the car. During that short visit 20 people walked in and out, only one with a mask. These people are morons, led by a mindless twit.

O-)

Star Member Freedomofspeech (2,782 posts)

1. Same here in SW Pennsylvania...

We stopped in Rite Aid and another small convenience store. We were both wearing our masks of course but 90% of the people we encountered were not. These dumbass trumphumpers are going to make this go on forever.

Star Member garagedoor (95 posts)

2. What state are you in?

I am traveling through Kentucky and just visited a Kroger. About 30% were in masks (all ages). I was in southern Alabama in May for 2 weeks - NO ONE WAS IN ANYTHING, i.e., masks, gloves, etc. C19 just "doesn't exist" down there. Walmart took down the plexiglass!

SoonerPride (6,813 posts)

3. RSBG is a fellow Okie.

Mossfern (533 posts)

5. I was in Walgreens yesterday

to pick up prescriptions and sundries. Everyone was wearing a mask and customers who saw that if someone was in an aisle they needed access to,either went around the other way or waited until the aisle was clear - very much social distancing. There was a Purell dispenser near the entrance - and it had product in it!

I'm in New Jersey.

:whatever:

12. Most of it I fear is in Trump country like our state.

People stare at my husband and make comments because he wears a mask and when he is in store he wears gloves. He is a big guy so they are careful he says, but he can tell they think he is a snowflake. Like he says, he will be alive long after they are gone.

:whatever:

Star Member JI7 (76,653 posts)

25. Why doesn't the store require masks ? In los Angeles it's pretty much required at every business some will even provide a mask.

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Just got home from Walgreens.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 05:40:41 PM »
Liberals love them some authoritarian gov't types who claims they care over the concept of freedom and liberty.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »

People stare at my husband and make comments because he wears a mask and when he is in store he wears gloves. He is a big guy so they are careful he says, but he can tell they think he is a snowflake. Like he says, he will be alive long after they are gone.

well, he is fifteen years younger than you are, Toni

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »

Yet most of the cases and most of the deaths are occurring in blue states where all you super-geniuses are obeying your masters.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »
Liberals love them some authoritarian gov't types who claims they care over the concept of freedom and liberty.

Maoist China, Soviet Union, Khmer Rouge, Nazis Germany, Fascist Italy, Derg Ethiopia, French Revolution, North Korea, Cuba, and Peronist Argentina.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213607736

Last edited Wed Jun 17, 2020, 03:44 PM - Edit history (1)

My husband went in to get my prescription and pick up a couple of cleaning supplies while I stayed in the car. During that short visit 20 people walked in and out, only one with a mask. These people are morons, led by a mindless twit

Shut the **** up karen
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »
Wasn't required to wear a mask anywhere until last Thursday when I finally got my hair cut.  Was beginning to look like an album cover from a 70's rock band.  Wore one of the only masks that I have, an N95.  Three days later, discovered a pretty nasty rash developing on my face.  Revolting development.  At least now I do have some other disposable ones just in case.  :argh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 12:24:16 AM »
All of the DUmmies seem to assume that C19 has a 100% fatality rate. Reality is that for those healthy under 60 the morbidity is rather low. Most people stand a better chance of dying from something else.

Then again, math and DU have never been good friends.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 09:44:48 AM »

My husband went in to get my prescription and pick up a couple of cleaning supplies while I stayed in the car. During that short visit 20 people walked in and out, only one with a mask. These people are morons, led by a mindless twit.

Oh Noes! People are not OBEYING the all providing State!

Karen doesn't know, "Snitches get stitches." Lefty has no idea how his authoritarian response to the virus is affecting the voter. a lot of people now see behind the mask.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 11:02:16 AM »
Why do the DUmmies hate disabled people?  I thought they were all about realizing that some disabilities simply cannot be seen, AND you have no right to ask them what their disability is if you see them park in the handicap zone and run into the store and run back out 15 minutes later, while jogging down the aisles to snatch their goods off the shelves.

The DUmmies and their ilk, are all about mask shaming and in some cases, beating people up for not wearing one.  There are several legitimate reasons a person may not wear a mask, yet the DUmmies have no problem talking about carting them off to jail, harassing them, or even doing bodily harm to them without ever stopping to think they may be whupping up on a disabled person.  A disabled person who cannot be denied entry, I might add, due to the provisions of the ADA the DUmmies love so much.

Just my $.02

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 01:33:25 PM »
The USA only has a survival rate of 99.937%.  Somebody DO something right now!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 07:08:40 PM »
Wasn't required to wear a mask anywhere until last Thursday when I finally got my hair cut.  Was beginning to look like an album cover from a 70's rock band.  Wore one of the only masks that I have, an N95.  Three days later, discovered a pretty nasty rash developing on my face.  Revolting development.  At least now I do have some other disposable ones just in case.  :argh:

Same here. If you want you hair cut in WV your ass is gonna wear a mask.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 07:21:26 PM »
I am one of those folks that are at risk... and guess what? I don't wear a mask. If I thought it was effective I would. Seems Fauci said he lied 3 or 4 months ago so why would I believe anything out of the government?

I don't kowtow to any government crap. They lied.... by their own admission... so **** them.

Why aren't the protests being put down hard if the bug is so bad? 

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 07:25:27 PM »
I had a thought about making a mask out of old underwear crotches just to go for that gag factor
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 12:01:56 AM »
Same here. If you want you hair cut in WV your ass is gonna wear a mask.

It might be nice if there were definitive science behind the mask or no mask.  Every state and local area has different rules. And our supposed famed scientists keep changing their mind.  Difficult to decide what to believe.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 12:35:31 AM »
I had a thought about making a mask out of old underwear crotches just to go for that gag factor

About 6 weeks ago there were stories in the news about a few people wearing kkk hoods and face masks with swastikas on them.  I picked up on the message the wearers were trying to get across,  but it was amusing to see how spun up the media got over this obvious "hate crime" and how law enforcement was trying to figure if any laws were broken.  In the end no laws were found to be broken and the stories fizzled, but not before alot of butthurt on the part of liberals.

Bottom line,  if you are going to try to violate my constitutional freedoms and force me to wear a mask,  dont bitch or complain about the mask I chose to wear...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 07:46:32 PM »
Well I saw on NBC news tonite about not wearing masks down in 'Bama I think it was. OMG!!!!  BLACK FOLK GONNA DIE!!!!  You a racists if you don't do it!!!

Well as far as im concerned if the rioters ain't wearing one then I won't neither.

True story, happened today... 90 yr old guy up the street, known him since I was a kid, was in WW2, hates Trump, nice guy.  Gives me a yell when walking dog, needs a bush stump taken out.  So I did it and I told him to stay away from me while doing it cause I get around.

Why do I need to wear a mask?  He is vulnerable, not me, so he stayed away from me. I did not want to see him get it and I damned sure do not want him to get it from me and die, so I stayed away from him.  The stump got removed so WTF?

Why is this political?

I'll tell you why... because the media hyped it and it was a massive fail so this is all they got left.

It is really simple:  If you are vulnerable, then take precautions.  If not, then full steam ahead!  If we tested all 350 million folks in the USA at a point in time and used that as a baseline it would show the death rate to be miniscule.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 10:18:36 PM »
Shut the **** up karen

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 09:05:42 AM »
Well I saw on NBC news tonite about not wearing masks down in 'Bama I think it was. OMG!!!!  BLACK FOLK GONNA DIE!!!!  You a racists if you don't do it!!!

Well as far as im concerned if the rioters ain't wearing one then I won't neither.

True story, happened today... 90 yr old guy up the street, known him since I was a kid, was in WW2, hates Trump, nice guy.  Gives me a yell when walking dog, needs a bush stump taken out.  So I did it and I told him to stay away from me while doing it cause I get around.

Why do I need to wear a mask?  He is vulnerable, not me, so he stayed away from me. I did not want to see him get it and I damned sure do not want him to get it from me and die, so I stayed away from him.  The stump got removed so WTF?

Why is this political?

I'll tell you why... because the media hyped it and it was a massive fail so this is all they got left.

It is really simple:  If you are vulnerable, then take precautions.  If not, then full steam ahead!  If we tested all 350 million folks in the USA at a point in time and used that as a baseline it would show the death rate to be miniscule.

My aunt is 103 years old, living at home by herself. She looks forward to visits from her nieces and nephews. She is not wearing a mask and tells everyone they don't need one either.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 12:06:05 PM »
My aunt is 103 years old, living at home by herself. She looks forward to visits from her nieces and nephews. She is not wearing a mask and tells everyone they don't need one either.

Love it!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 09:29:27 PM »

You 103 yrs old you seen it all so why get all a-scared over something.  Good for her.

I cannot imagine being 103 yrs old. 

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »
You 103 yrs old you seen it all so why get all a-scared over something.  Good for her.

I cannot imagine being 103 yrs old.

The worst part for her is that her eye sight is getting so bad that she can't read much anymore.  She is happy that she has a magnifier thing that allows her to read the sermons her pastor sends to her, but books and news papers are out of the question.

OTOH, I did get a birthday card from her on Friday and I could still read her hand writing. (She does have someone pick out cards for her.)

Offline SPYDER

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 06:08:03 PM »
  I have been at the rodeos held at the fairgrounds here in Okeechobee Fl for the past 3 weeks.  Hundreds of people from the SE States attend.  One thing I noticed is how healthy everyone was.  And not one person was wearing a mask.  Okeechobee Fl, which is in Okeechobee county has not had one death from the virus.
  I see I am still rated as a "probie" even though I have been here 6 years.  I guess I don't post often enough.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 06:10:40 PM by SPYDER »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 08:33:52 PM »
I see I am still rated as a "probie" even though I have been here 6 years.  I guess I don't post often enough.

Uh huh.  One post a year doesn't get one very far very fast.

But no mind; we've always just been happy to have you here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »
Uh huh.  One post a year doesn't get one very far very fast.

But no mind; we've always just been happy to have you here.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)