Author Topic: NY Dem to Testify Against Bragg, Praises Guiliani  (Read 321 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
NY Dem to Testify Against Bragg, Praises Guiliani
« on: April 17, 2023, 05:23:17 AM »
Most, if not all, congressional hearings are nothing but kabuki theater. The congresscritters get their camera time, the witnesses get their 15 minutes of fame, and life goes on in the D.C. Swamp. Liars are never punished for their lies given under oath and the sheer stupidity demonstrated by some of these politicians (AOC, Mazie Hirono, just to name a couple) is breathtaking.

I give Jordan a C+ for the effort, but he's gotta get real and stop wasting f'n time.

It's time for these GOPers to start going for the jugular. No more bullshit, no more grandstanding, no more talk. It's time for subpoenas, and all the rest of that, but the biggest power these GOPers keep forgetting about is the power of the purse. They talk about it, yammer about it, wring their hands about it, but the spending goes on and on and on...

Note: in the next-to-last paragraph, the article reads "As a result, Bragg claims, police officers don't have the motive to arrest and implement law and order in the predominantly blue city." That should probably read "As a result, Holden claims,...." TownHall's editor once again failed to connect. Happens a lot.

A Democrat New York City councilman will testify against Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, saying the woke DA has contributed to the city's "lawlessness."

Bob Holden will appear at the GOP-led House Judiciary Committee, "Victims of Violent Crime in Manhattan," next week, pointing fingers at Bragg's soft-on-crime policies is driving chaos into the streets of the city.

"When Bragg came in, he issued that ridiculous edict that he was not going to prosecute smaller crimes," Holden said. "What do we have in New York City? We have lawlessness on the streets."

Holden, a long-time New Yorker, said he had never seen the city so dangerous as it is now, noting the timing of the rise in crime directly correlates to when Bragg took over as DA in January 2022.

"I have an issue with soft-on-crime politicians and DAs, so, you know, I offered. I said, 'Look, I have a view of this that's different from my Democratic, or most of my Democratic colleagues, so I would say that there are issues why New York City is the way it is," Holden said.

Holden recalled that on day one of Bragg being in office, red flags went up throughout the city. Then, on his third day in office, the woke DA ordered prosecutors not to give out prison sentences for several crimes and downgrade charges for crimes such as robberies and commercial burglaries.

He noted New York's crime issue improved when Republican Mayor Rudy Giuliani was in office. Then, however, it rapidly declined through the years as the city's implementation of a sweeping bail reform law in 2020 took effect.

"I credit Rudy Giuliani as the mayor who saved New York… I lived through that. They don't like to hear it. But I lived through it," Holden said. "I remember the city turning around, and we had 17 straight years of decline in crime until the bail reform, and then you couple that with DAs like Bragg, and it's a bad, bad recipe there."

As a result, Bragg claims, police officers don't have the motive to arrest and implement law and order in the predominantly blue city.

The Republican committee also plans to have Madeline Brame, whose son was fatally stabbed; Harlem bodega clerk Jose Alba, who was once charged with murder over the death of someone who attacked him at work; and Jennifer Harrison, founder of Victims Rights NY to all testify against Bragg's pro-crime policies.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/04/16/ny-democrat-to-testify-against-soft-on-crime-alvin-bragg-i-have-a-problem-with-him-n2622012

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: NY Dem to Testify Against Bragg, Praises Guiliani
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 09:05:03 AM »
I don’t understand how these da’s can get away with this nonsense. If they take an oath to uphold the law then they are derelict in their duties and should be held accountable.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: NY Dem to Testify Against Bragg, Praises Guiliani
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 10:27:58 AM »
I don’t understand how these da’s can get away with this nonsense. If they take an oath to uphold the law then they are derelict in their duties and should be held accountable.

From what I've read (and FWIW), these DAs have a LOT of discretion in what they can prosecute, or choose not to prosecute. That's the result of decades of these DAs having been elected to their gigs, but even though that constitutes being a politician, the unwritten rule until recently was "Politics will not come into play when it comes to prosecuting suspected criminals." One anecdote told the story of how the son of one of the DA's prosecuting attorneys had absolutely no idea which political party this particular DA belonged to. It simply wasn't an issue. That trust that's put into these DAs in doing the right thing isn't always well-placed and is a fundamental weakness in the criminal justice system. Enter George Soros into the equation.

Soros, it was told in this article I recently read, identified this weakness. He contributed to leftist PACs and similar political funding organizations with the idea that going soft on crime would hasten America's demise.

That's turning out well for Soros. He learned a long time ago that if you want a particular leftist philosophy, just throw money at it. It happens because many American voters (alive and dead) aren't educated on the issues and the candidates and pull the lever they've always pulled.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.