Author Topic: Majority of voters say American society is racist as support for BLM movement gr  (Read 486 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Majority of voters say American society is racist as support for BLM movement grows - but 55% still oppose defunding the police
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8545403/Majority-voters-say-black-Hispanic-Americans-discriminated-against.html

A new poll shows that a majority of voters believe that American society is racist and that black and Hispanic Americans face discrimination -- but a separate poll finds that most oppose defunding the police.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll of 900 registered voters, conducted from July 9 to 12, found that 56 percent said that they think American society is racist.

This is essentially unchanged from 1988, when an Associated Press poll found that 56 percent believed the U.S. is a racist society.

Meanwhile, a separate Washington Post/ABC News poll found that although 63 percent of adults polled support the Black Lives Matter movement, a 55 percent majority oppose defunding police departments to fund social services.

The poll should be taken with a grain of salt. I would think more than 55 percent are against defunding police.

I suspect most of the people who participated are in the North, where there is more racism.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
NBC poll  :thatsright:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne