Author Topic: Joe Biden considering ex-cop as veep, angering BLM activists  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Joe Biden considering ex-cop as veep, angering BLM activists
https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/joe-biden-considering-ex-cop-as-veep-amid-calls-to-defund-the-police/

As many Democrats demand police de-funding, an ex-cop has emerged on Joe Biden’s shortlist of veep contenders — troubling some activists.

Val Demings, 63, a two-term Florida congresswoman, has seen her star rise dramatically in recent weeks as riots flared around the country following George Floyd’s death and the Biden campaign gave new weight to African American aspirants for the running-mate job.

“She’s fresh and new, seems better on TV than Kamala [Harris]. I think right now she’s got an outside but decent shot at VP,” one Biden campaign insider told The Post. Demings has publicly stated her interest in the job.

She is reportedly one of six female Democrats to have passed an initial round of scrutiny by Biden’s vice presidential search committee — and has been asked to turn over reams of documents, including financial disclosures and past writings.

Joe Biden is considering Val Demings as his Vice President. She was Orlando Police Department chief. That will not fly well with the Jacobins.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Joe Biden considering ex-cop as veep, angering BLM activists
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 12:38:57 AM »
She’s fresh and new

Sounds like the theme to "The Love Boat".

Also, isn't that odd description comparable to Creepy Joe calling President Obama clean and articulate?

January 31, 2007

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

— Joe Biden, describing fellow candidate Barack Obama. The remark was made the same day Biden filed the official paperwork to launch his presidential campaign. Biden later apologized and said the remark was taken out of context.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1895156_1894977_1644536,00.html
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 09:53:24 AM »
Hey, I have a fresh and new idea for everyone!  How about let’s all pick the best candidate for whatEVER we’re hiring for?!  Take ‘color’ out of the equation and let the chips fall where they may. If that means a POC doesn’t get it, BEFORE calling racism, how about looking at the actual facts. If you can’t compete straight up in the market then maybe you’re looking at the wrong metrics and aren’t fixing the root cause. Damn, that feels revolutionary.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 10:15:07 AM »
I've said it all year, Joe will have to choose a Gay, Black, Woman.

Too bad Hillary isn't black...

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 11:40:39 AM »
 :rotf:
I've said it all year, Joe will have to choose a Gay, Black, Woman.

Too bad Hillary isn't black...

:whatever:

:rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
Kameltoe Harris prosecuted lots of black people for marijuana crimes, yet laughed about it when asked if she smoked pot when she was younger.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 02:58:25 PM »
She’s fresh and new

Sounds a lot like "clean Negro" to me.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »
Hey, I have a fresh and new idea for everyone!  How about let’s all pick the best candidate for whatEVER we’re hiring for?!  Take ‘color’ out of the equation and let the chips fall where they may.

KC

Now that's just crazy talk.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 06:11:43 AM »
Now that's just crazy talk.

Yeah, but it was a thought.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 06:16:44 AM »
Hey, I have a fresh and new idea for everyone!  How about let’s all pick the best candidate for whatEVER we’re hiring for?!  Take ‘color’ out of the equation and let the chips fall where they may. If that means a POC doesn’t get it, BEFORE calling racism, how about looking at the actual facts. If you can’t compete straight up in the market then maybe you’re looking at the wrong metrics and aren’t fixing the root cause. Damn, that feels revolutionary.

KC

Go to your room without supper, little mister. That doesn't fit the narrative, and you know it.

While in your room, write 500 times, "I will not make sense when discussing politics, religion, or anything involving Creepy Joe."

:-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.