Author Topic: This is an image that might give some insight to the way that Sol system moves  (Read 15742 times)

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU[/youtube]
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline dixierose

I thought that was pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm not sure that it was clear that this vid has two parts, towards the end of the first part a link to the second part pops up so you have to click that.

I don't really have a problem with the first part but the second part seems more controversial to me because, although it does not come out and say it, it does suggest that our solar system is bound to some other object.

In other words, not only is our solar system orbiting the galactic core but it is also orbiting some other object.

I've understood (whether right or wrong) that our solar system occasionally pops out of the top first then the bottom of our galaxy.

In 2 dimensions it would look like an analog wave but what would cause this kind of movement?

- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
I'm pretty much a science junkie but never saw anything like this.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm pretty much a science junkie but never saw anything like this.

Did you watch both parts?

And if so, what did you think?
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline J P Sousa

Did you watch both parts?

And if so, what did you think?

Yeah saw both parts but not sure what you are referring to here;
  In other words, not only is our solar system orbiting the galactic core but it is also orbiting some other object.

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
Well i watched both parts and didn't see anything I had not seen before on one of the science channels (but it was better in the video you posted) :II: ...i started with old Carl Sagan years ago and sifted through the the hippy shit...and been on the science channels ever since. The one thing I thought about the video was was planets don't leave contrails...lol science today believes that we travel through space and circle the galactic center...but we also go through things called the maunder cycle with the sun. This is were the libtards get their bullshit for global warming(on top of just not telling the truth)....true science gets the warm and cool cycles the maunder mins 1645 and continuing to about 1715 little ice age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum) left the planet in a cooling state. but alas we also wobble on our axis some. we don't always follow the same trail we always have around the sun (let alone the Galaxy) Things are so interconnected that it is hard to decipher one aspect from the other. So yes I like you video but added to the conversation ....hopefully more will add
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:09:46 AM by biersmythe »
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline J P Sousa

~John Wayne

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/04/vortex_motion_viral_video_showing_sun_s_motion_through_galaxy_is_wrong.html

That's a pretty good article, it's slate so it grates but I think the guy has a point.

And for me personally, his explanation removes the need for another object to create the helical motion as the system orbits the galactic centre.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline J P Sousa

That's a pretty good article, it's slate so it grates but I think the guy has a point.

And for me personally, his explanation removes the need for another object to create the helical motion as the system orbits the galactic centre.

I tried to find a credible source but this is the only one I could find with a quick search. I don't recall seeing anything like the videos you linked.

I have no education in this field only a "hobby" type interest, so I can't debate the points. 

~John Wayne

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I tried to find a credible source but this is the only one I could find with a quick search. I don't recall seeing anything like the videos you linked.

I have no education in this field only a "hobby" type interest. 

I have no education in this field only a "hobby" type interest. Don't sweat it pal, ain't none of us astrophysicists

Surly I am not, I am curious though.

I don't think it hurts to talk about it.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
No not at all I think the slate link pointing out thing I missed cause of the cool 3d video is a bonus. I totally missed the sun being in front of the planets and i also didn't pick up on the amount of dips it was taking around the galactic center...I didn't know the exact number till the slate post. hobbyist here as well hope to see more stuff on space discussed.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline CG6468

How long would it take, if this is factual, for the positions of the stars we see to dramatically change their apparent locations? Wouldn't the heavens be changing all the time? And yes, I would accept the facts of the tremendous differences caused by almost unmeasurable time and distance.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
How long would it take, if this is factual, for the positions of the stars we see to dramatically change their apparent locations? Wouldn't the heavens be changing all the time? And yes, I would accept the facts of the tremendous differences caused by almost unmeasurable time and distance.

With regard to the video I posted in the OP I don't really have a problem with stars changing locations with the exception of the north star.

I think that the article that JPSouza posted pretty much destroys the vid I posted.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

-Sun Tzu

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
I'm not sure that it was clear that this vid has two parts, towards the end of the first part a link to the second part pops up so you have to click that.

I don't really have a problem with the first part but the second part seems more controversial to me because, although it does not come out and say it, it does suggest that our solar system is bound to some other object.

I've understood (whether right or wrong) that our solar system occasionally pops out of the top first then the bottom of our galaxy.

In 2 dimensions it would look like an analog wave but what would cause this kind of movement?

I imagine that object is 0bama's head.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline CG6468

I imagine that object is 0bama's head.

No, his head is not visible since it's up his ass.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
No, his head is not visible since it's up his ass.

If I said his head was in a black hole, would that be racist?  :-)

Sorry I will stop hijacking this thread now.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities

Too late, and on top of that, you're a holist !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

No, it wouldn't.

And so will I.