Author Topic: It is more than Petraeus  (Read 537 times)

Offline 5412

It is more than Petraeus
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
Hi,

Earlier I made a post about the firing of the general and how it could be something of a much bigger issue.  Today I received the following from a friend:

October 27, “In an unusual move”, the Navy replaced Rear Adm. Charles Gaouette, who commanded a task group near Benghazi.
  November 2, the captain of the frigate Vandegrift, Commander Joseph Darlak, was also relieved of his duties for “alleged drunkenness"

Commander of United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), General Carter Ham, who was at the center of the Benghazi incident on September 11, was precipitously scheduled for early retirement.

Enter the rapidly developing story about ISAF Commander General John R. Allen, whose promotion is currently on hold.

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns a day after the elections.

All this drama reminds me of a historical event that took place in 1941 when Joseph Stalin purged the Soviet Union’s Red Army of its best officers and leaders because he feared a military coup due to growing opposition to his highly unpopular policies. Putin’s doing the same thing today, save the bloodshed — we hope.
  Hopefully, in our case, it’s a bit less nefarious; Obama is sitting idle while the Benghazi scandal makes its way through the ranks and does nothing to slow it down. Or, maybe, we are dealing with something as simple as a convenient distraction, wherein Obama hopes the more we focus on sexy, the less we’ll search for truth. Either way, Obama benefits and we lose.

To read the entire article:

http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/who-benefits-when-top-military-brass-fall/

This whole thing sounds really fishy to me.  If there was a coup, or Obama wanted to suspend the elections he would have to deal with the military.  As of now, there is a big push to disarm the citizens which we have all seen.  By taking out the top military commanders he may be setting something up; however he is also setting up a potential for a backlash. 

Regards,

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: It is more than Petraeus
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
I tend to agree that this is a kind of a purge, a chance to reshuffle the deck and put ass-kissing opportunists in the mould of Wesley Clark err, 'Officers more in tune with Obama's sophisticated policy ideas' in key jobs.  However, the big purge of the Red Army that gutted its senior ranks and paralyzed decisionmaking during the actual German attack occurred in 1937, it was just so extremely damaging that it was still crippling the Red Army four years later. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: It is more than Petraeus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 10:29:59 PM »
I agree that it is a purge. I also think that Ambassador Stevens was a tit-for-tat trade for bin Laden - in true muslim tradition.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA