Author Topic: I have never taken the time to really watch Christie, check this out  (Read 903 times)

Offline 5412

Hi,

I would urge you all to check this out:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gov-christies-big-d-c-speech-wows-increases-presidential-buzz/

If you click on the second link and watch it you will see a politician like most of us have never seen before.  I do not endorse him, but for this moment I appreciate what he has to say.  If he can deliver what he is trying to do taxpayers all over the country will need to thank him.

The 12 minutes I watched come as close to a five run home run as I have ever seen.

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Re: I have never taken the time to really watch Christie, check this out
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:25 PM »
I agree. There are some issues that I will never see eye to eye with him on but having said that ...

He does make an excellent oral presentation. He does a  wonderful job of putting the teachers unions on notice. And he is aces overall inre to fiscal responsibility. Whats not to like? That we are in perfect agreement on.

Thanks for the video link 5412.  :cheersmate:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:06:44 PM by Janice »
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »
I absolutely adore him most of the time.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
The more I see this guy, the more impressed I am. He's a take-no-shit governor. I've said it before. I know he doesn't thrill the 100-percenters out there, but I'd take him in a second over most of the "first tier" presidential candidates that they're going to try to fob off on us--Huckabee, Romney, Gingrich, etc., etc.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »
 :bravo:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »
The more I see this guy, the more impressed I am. He's a take-no-shit governor. I've said it before. I know he doesn't thrill the 100-percenters out there, but I'd take him in a second over most of the "first tier" presidential candidates that they're going to try to fob off on us--Huckabee, Romney, Gingrich, etc., etc.

I would be thrilled with a Christie/West ticket or Christie/Bachmann ticket.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
I wouldnt care for him at the top of the ticket. As Ive mentioned elsewhere Christie is totally MIA on 0bamacare. 28 states are challenging 0bamacare. 26 in one suit, Oklahoma in another suit and Virginia in another. While New Jersey is sitting on the sidelines. Why? Also ...

Christie supports gun control.
He appointed a radical Islamist to a judgeship.
Refused to take a side on the Ground Zero Mosque.
He is for amnesty.
He is to some degree for the green movement (Cap & Trade).
And he campaigned for Mike Castle.

While Romney needs to explain Romneycare, perhaps Christie could explain why he is sitting on the sidelines on 0zombiecare.

The guy’s still fantastic on fiscal responsibility, anybody can see that. But he has repeatedly stated that he’s not running for higher office anytime soon. So maybe thats a good thing. At least for now. Let him iron things out a bit, if you will.

:popcorn:
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline 5412

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
I wouldnt care for him at the top of the ticket. As Ive mentioned elsewhere Christie is totally MIA on 0bamacare. 28 states are challenging 0bamacare. 26 in one suit, Oklahoma in another suit and Virginia in another. While New Jersey is sitting on the sidelines. Why? Also ...

Christie supports gun control.
He appointed a radical Islamist to a judgeship.
Refused to take a side on the Ground Zero Mosque.
He is for amnesty.
He is to some degree for the green movement (Cap & Trade).
And he campaigned for Mike Castle.

While Romney needs to explain Romneycare, perhaps Christie could explain why he is sitting on the sidelines on 0zombiecare.

The guy’s still fantastic on fiscal responsibility, anybody can see that. But he has repeatedly stated that he’s not running for higher office anytime soon. So maybe thats a good thing. At least for now. Let him iron things out a bit, if you will.

:popcorn:

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I have a good friend who is very in tune politically and he cautioned me which is why I made it a point to say I did not support him.  My friend says when it comes to economic policy he is spot on but he has significant reservations when it comes to social and domestic policy.  You have reaffirmed what my friend says.

regards,