Author Topic: Harley Has Competition  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Gratiot

Harley Has Competition
« on: April 10, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Harley Has Competition
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:20:12 AM »
Interesting - I didn't know about Fischer.

But as competition with Harley - nope, don't think so. Crotch rockets don't compete with cruisers/Harleys.

This is a bike with a 650 cc V-twin. And carbureted. Why would they put carburetors on a bike with liquid cooling and electronic ignition?

Don't seem right to me, maw.

But $8K MSRP is not a bad price - but who the hell would want "silver stealth panels" for $1K more?  :rotf: That's retarded.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »
Interesting - I didn't know about Fischer.

But as competition with Harley - nope, don't think so. Crotch rockets don't compete with cruisers/Harleys.

This is a bike with a 650 cc V-twin. And carbureted. Why would they put carburetors on a bike with liquid cooling and electronic ignition?

Don't seem right to me, maw.

But $8K MSRP is not a bad price - but who the hell would want "silver stealth panels" for $1K more?  :rotf: That's retarded.

Those silver stealth, while certainly a silly name, are carbon fiber.  $1k for cf bodywork, is a very good deal, if thats your thing.

As for the carbs, I'm guessing that was their means of keeping the bike below $8k MSRP, perhaps one of those psychological price points in their minds.   

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »

They might compete with Harley's sport side .... Buell.  I don't think they'll get much traction there either though.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:42:55 AM »
Those silver stealth, while certainly a silly name, are carbon fiber.  $1k for cf bodywork, is a very good deal, if thats your thing.

As for the carbs, I'm guessing that was their means of keeping the bike below $8k MSRP, perhaps one of those psychological price points in their minds.   

Meh. I favor neither crotch rockets nor cruisers, owning a Honda 919, so carbon fiber gizmos ain't selling points with me. I guess for those who like grinding their footpegs, those are good things. But hell, I might want to go with fuel injection before ponying up $1K for "carbon fiber" gizmos.

Hmmmm, Carbon fiber. Is Al "The Bore" Gore somehow mixed up in that?   :evillaugh:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »
Meh. I favor neither crotch rockets nor cruisers, owning a Honda 919, so carbon fiber gizmos ain't selling points with me. I guess for those who like grinding their footpegs, those are good things. But hell, I might want to go with fuel injection before ponying up $1K for "carbon fiber" gizmos.

Hmmmm, Carbon fiber. Is Al "The Bore" Gore somehow mixed up in that?   :evillaugh:

919 is a great bike  :cheersmate: As for the carbon fiber, I think it's more a thing of the coffee shop crowd.  Otherwise, essentially useless.