Author Topic: Americans Now Favor A Mandatory Buyback Of Assault Weapons  (Read 24908 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Americans Now Favor A Mandatory Buyback Of Assault Weapons
« on: September 10, 2019, 05:48:24 PM »
Star Member applegrove (89,016 posts)

A Majority Of Americans Now Favor A Mandatory Buyback Of Assault Weapons

no they don't.

By a margin of 52%-44%, the American people support a mandatory program that would force assault weapon owners to sell their guns to the government. The Second Amendment is not an unlimited right, no matter what the gun lobby suggests.

SCOTUS disagrees with you...

Star Member FakeNoose (12,202 posts)

1. Also buy back the ammo and the upgrade kits

At least people are finally talking sense about it, that's a change!

They are NOT talking about coming after your guns!  :whatever:

grumpyduck (1,041 posts)

3. Sure, and I believe for a millisecond

that the individual assholes who SHOULD turn their weapons in are going to do so...

... and that these weapons are not going to be available thru other channels to assholes who want them...

... and that the NRA isn't going to go all-out to get assholes riled up: "See, we told you so - the government wants to take away your Constitutional right to protect yourself against it."

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm pretty damn sure that ain't it. Might be a small part of it, but not the whole answer.

The day the government says I am no longer allowed to own firearms is the day that government stops being mine.

:naughty:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Americans Now Favor A Mandatory Buyback Of Assault Weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 05:57:39 PM »
Of course they do.

They've been led to believe that assault weapons are ubiquitous and that basically anyone can just stroll into their local store and buy one.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »
I seem to recall the last time the dems passed something similar it resulted in them losing the house for the first time in like 40 years.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 08:15:00 AM »
I seem to recall the last time the dems passed something similar it resulted in them losing the house for the first time in like 40 years.
The DUmmies fail to realize that due to all of their doxxing, threats of violence, and trying to ruin the lives of anyone to the right of Mao Tse Tung, a huge number of us normals now refuse to participate in polling, or if we do, tell them the exact opposite of what we really think. They convince themselves that there's broad support for their hideous agenda based on the flawed data from their flawed polls.

That's why every negative election outcome comes as such an out-of-the-blue surprise to them that they can't deal with it.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:12:57 AM »
Most American's hear 'Assault Weapons' and think machine guns. Most liberals here 'Assault Weapons' and think breech loaders.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »
Dummies definition of Assault Weapons is ANY semi-automatic rifle or ANY RIFLE.

I don't think they have the brains to separate AUTOMATIC from semi-automatic.  :lmao:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »
Few in law-enforcement will participate in physical confiscation.   

Reminds me in-reverse of when the rumored idea of a 'killer narc-squad' was floating around the Nixon Administration.     

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 07:09:17 PM »
How can the government "buyback" firearms from me? To buyback something, doesn't the entity doing the buyback have to have sold it to me in the first place? As far as I know, the only people the US government can "buyback" firearms from would be the Mexican drug cartels that got their weapons during the Obama administration during the Fast & Furious operation. I've never seen the government sell weapons to American citizens for as long as I've been alive.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T... BULLSHIT.

But if you want to try and come take mine I welcome you on to try.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
How can the government "buyback" firearms from me? To buyback something, doesn't the entity doing the buyback have to have sold it to me in the first place? As far as I know, the only people the US government can "buyback" firearms from would be the Mexican drug cartels that got their weapons during the Obama administration during the Fast & Furious operation. I've never seen the government sell weapons to American citizens for as long as I've been alive.

Unless they are buying back the CMP rifles and ammo purchased through the years.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 10:03:35 PM »
Do I get to choose the primitives sent to collect my weapons or how does that work?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
    Star Member applegrove (89,016 posts)

A Majority Of Americans Now Favor A Mandatory Buyback Of Assault Weapons.  By a margin of 52%-44%, the American people support a mandatory program that would force assault weapon owners to sell their guns to the government. The Second Amendment is not an unlimited right, no matter what the gun lobby suggests.

I guess they got the phone numbers from the membership rolls of The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and Everytown for Gun Safety.  Funny how I and all the people that I know never seem to get any of those poll calls.  Weird.  :mental:

Of course I do live in West by God Virginia where our motto is "You can have my firearm right after I shoot you between the eyes with it, asshole." so that might have something to do with it.   :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi