Author Topic: Ribs  (Read 6833 times)

Offline CG6468

Ribs
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
The meaty baby back ribs have been marinating in beer since yesterday, getting ready for tomorrow!
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Ribs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
The meaty baby back ribs have been marinating in beer since yesterday, getting ready for tomorrow!

My dinner for tomorrow is still alive and kicking.    Lobster and little neck steamer clams, fresh corn on the cob and a pile of slaw.  I do this real easy, I buy the sea food fresh cooked, run a few stop lights to get it home hot, Stuff the Lobsters, ready to be put under the broiler or outside BBQ. Put the corn on to steam. Found a take out place that makes slaw to cry for and their French fries are wonderful. 

Screw it I just may put on Dogs and cover with canned something or other, serve Pringles and have a peanut boil.       

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
Going to the BLUE CRAB Festival in Palatka, Fl today....
Family, fun, rides, arts and crafts, and lots of good food.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:17:07 AM »
Quote from: vesta111 link=topic=87417.msg1085592#msg1085592 date=

Screw it I just may put on Dogs and cover with canned something or other, serve Pringles and have a peanut boil.     

LOL!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »
I bought some ribs too.  I was going to braise them in Coca Cola and finish them in the oven (I don't have a grill yet). 

I'm headed out to the Renaissance Festival today, so I'll probably load up on fried turkey legs, Ye Olde Funnel Cakes, and whatever else looks interesting.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
Pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, corn, and not sure what else yet, maybe BBQ beans.

Think I might also make my easy cheese cake.

1 - 9" graham cracker crust
1 - lrg pkg of cream cheese softened
1 - can sweet condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)

with electric mixer or food processor, beat cheese and milk until smooth,
add lemon juice and fill pie shell, refrigerate until set.

Top with canned pie fruit, lemon curd, fresh fruit of choice or just eat as is.
My son's favorite is with Comstock's pie cherries, mine is with lemon curd.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
Did steak on Friday.  Lobster and leftover steak last night.  Ribs today (already in the smoker for about 2 hours now, 2-3 more to go) and steak/chicken tips tomorrow.

Yeah, the grill's getting a bit of a workout this weekend.  Be interesting to see if I can make the propane last through tomorrow.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
My dinner for tomorrow is still alive and kicking.    Lobster and little neck steamer clams, fresh corn on the cob and a pile of slaw.  I do this real easy, I buy the sea food fresh cooked, run a few stop lights to get it home hot, Stuff the Lobsters, ready to be put under the broiler or outside BBQ. Put the corn on to steam. Found a take out place that makes slaw to cry for and their French fries are wonderful. 

:rotf:

That's funny, vesta. h5
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, Hi5!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline CG6468

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »
Today's the day to do the ribs. Waiting until better 2/3 comes home from Wisconsin this afternoon, probably ~ 5 PM.

Will be cooking in the garage door opening, between the raindrops

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »
How were the ribs? :yum:

I haven't done mine yet... maybe tomorrow.  The sun is finally out and there's too much stuff to do outside.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
They were good but excellent. I've done much better in the past

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »
They were good but excellent. I've done much better in the past

If the rain was anything at all like we had here, fuggedaboudit. No grilling at all yesterday. Monsoon season most of the day.

It's so damned wet that the farmers can't plant. It's a serious problem.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
Man, you guys eat so well!  I was soooo exhausted yesterday, from all the spring cleaning + gardening over the weekend, I barely--just barely--managed to cook up some burgers.  Had them with chips, and called it dinner.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »
If the rain was anything at all like we had here, fuggedaboudit. No grilling at all yesterday. Monsoon season most of the day.

It's so damned wet that the farmers can't plant. It's a serious problem.

It was wet out there, but I set it up under my open garage roof with a 3' eave.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
Man, you guys eat so well!  I was soooo exhausted yesterday, from all the spring cleaning + gardening over the weekend, I barely--just barely--managed to cook up some burgers.  Had them with chips, and called it dinner.
That's usually what I do during the week.  Meat and a side... usually a potato.  Good thing sweet potatoes are available right now.

I might have to see if plantains are available.  They're good fried.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »

I'm with you, Karin.  Maybe after I retire (IF I retire????), I'll have the time to experiment more.  As it is, I drag myself home after work and throw something together -- more often than not, a salad with leftover chicken or ham in it and call it dinner.

20, even 10 years ago, I had much more ambition  :bawl:

I regard the fridge on some days in much the way I regard my closet -- I open it up and say "bleh"!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 02:39:24 PM »
I'm with you, Karin.  Maybe after I retire (IF I retire????), I'll have the time to experiment more.  As it is, I drag myself home after work and throw something together -- more often than not, a salad with leftover chicken or ham in it and call it dinner.

I regard the fridge on some days in much the way I regard my closet -- I open it up and say "bleh"!

It's the shoes, NJ. The shoes. Pulling an Imelda Marcos just doesn't work after awhile.  :-)

Offline CG6468

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 03:47:03 PM »
And today is National Hamburger Day!!!  :yahoo:  :drool:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 04:28:12 PM »
And today is National Hamburger Day!!!  :yahoo:  :drool:

Too bad my wife hates them.    :thatsright:

Me?               :hyper:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »

I say "bleh" to my closet, too.  I used to have much more ambition 10-20 years ago, too.  I honestly don't know how I did it.  I worked in a 2-hour-each-way commute, and still put on some pretty fabulous meals.  It doesn't help that husband #2 is not culinarily adventuresome.  Why bother if he's just going to look at something suspiciously, and ask "what's that?" 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 10:01:46 AM »
My ribs turned out awesome. :yahoo:

I had mistakenly picked up some spareribs, but they still came out great.  I simmered them in BBQ sauce, Coca Cola, and apple cider vinegar (enough to cover the meat) for 45 minutes.  I slathered them with more BBQ sauce and finished them off in the oven (400 degrees for 15 minutes).  Probably would have been tastier on the grill, but it was good enough.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 08:04:59 AM »
I'll be smoking some salmon today.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 08:12:39 AM »
I'll be smoking some salmon today.

:stoner: Don't bogart that fish, man!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail