Author Topic: Need receipe for Baked Spaghetti  (Read 1849 times)

Offline conservativesister

• Probationary (Probie)
Need receipe for Baked Spaghetti
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:46:32 PM »
I had a friend (who has moved away) that used to make baked spaghetti and it had bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish.  She never pre-cooked the spaghetti.  This was so delicious.  Does anyone have the receipe?  Thanks in advance

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Need receipe for Baked Spaghetti
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:26:16 AM »
I had a friend (who has moved away) that used to make baked spaghetti and it had bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish.  She never pre-cooked the spaghetti.  This was so delicious.  Does anyone have the receipe?  Thanks in advance

:google:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:58:40 AM »
  Try this.  I always pre boil the pasta for baked pasta dishes so I have not used it.  You may want to tinker with the ingredients but the basic idea is there.
EASY SPAGHETTI BAKE   
2 slices bacon (cut up)
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 lb. hamburger
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
2 (8 oz.) tomato sauce
3 c. water

Fry bacon, onion and hamburger until brown. Stir remaining ingredients in and simmer 25 minutes.

Grease 2 quart casserole. Break 1/3 of 1/2 pound box spaghetti in casserole. Cover with 1/3 sauce. Then cover with 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Again cover with 1/3 sauce, 1/3 spaghetti and cheese, then again 1/3 spaghetti, sauce and cheese. Bake 350 degrees covered 30 minutes and uncovered 15 minutes more.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1626,144189-245200,00.html

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:54:45 AM »
I put cooked, chopped bacon in the bottom of my quiches.  It's tasty.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »
EASY SPAGHETTI BAKE   
2 slices bacon (cut up)
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 lb. hamburger
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
2 (8 oz.) tomato sauce
3 c. water

Fry bacon, onion and hamburger until brown. Stir remaining ingredients in and simmer 25 minutes.

Grease 2 quart casserole. Break 1/3 of 1/2 pound box spaghetti in casserole. Cover with 1/3 sauce. Then cover with 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Again cover with 1/3 sauce, 1/3 spaghetti and cheese, then again 1/3 spaghetti, sauce and cheese. Bake 350 degrees covered 30 minutes and uncovered 15 minutes more.

No cheddar cheese in MY spaghetti, baked or not!! I was forced to eat it that way when I was in Desert Shield.  :puke:  FYI, Pakistanis don't do justice to Italian food.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson