Author Topic: Rhubarb.. how do you cook it?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline cavegal

Rhubarb.. how do you cook it?
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:24:48 AM »
Neighbor just gave me some Rhubarb... I do not know a thing about it. I just have no clue. Anyone have simple recipe for it? If not simple any hints?? Help?? Thank You....

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Rhubarb.. how do you cook it?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:37:16 AM »
There is nothing like a rhubarb crumble: http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/rhubarb/rhubarb-and-almond-crumble.html

I love Delia's recipe's they are always well tested and work fine. Serve warm with cream, vanilla ice cream or creme anglaise.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »
rhubarb is best when mixed with other fruit, such as strawberries or apples......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »
Go to www.pauladeen.com.

She has several recipes for rhubarb, and I've never made a dessert of hers that wasn't wonderful!!

Personally, I hate the stuff.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:32:31 PM »
Pie !!!!!