Author Topic: Meatless meat that looks interesting  (Read 1851 times)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Meatless meat that looks interesting
« on: January 02, 2010, 08:32:17 AM »
http://gardein.com/

Heard about this on my local morning talk radio show. It's supposed to be very good, but I suspect it isn't cheap, but I might give it a try some time if I see it in the store.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Meatless meat that looks interesting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 01:09:14 PM »
Soy protein and canola oil aren't exactly the best for a person. Furthermore, the MUST have some sort of "unnatural" flavors. :clueless:
This doesn't appear that this is something I'd care to east because I'm more of a carnivore than omnivore.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 02:36:18 PM »
Sorry, but I woulden't touch that Libtard shit or site with a 10 foot pole.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:39:47 AM »
Soy protein and canola oil aren't exactly the best for a person. Furthermore, the MUST have some sort of "unnatural" flavors. :clueless:
This doesn't appear that this is something I'd care to east because I'm more of a carnivore than omnivore.

When has to be very carefull when consuming a product that is not from the Earth.

There are products on the market that are made from natural foods that we may be allergic to.

We have very Strong labeling telling the consumer about known allergy's, like peanuts etc.  However some of these lab made products that  may without their  knowledge combine to  create a product that that will cause one distress.

One company has a substitute for meat that for 99% of the consumers not only tastes great but is sort after.   The 1% who found a problem with the food now are up in arms, their individual body's cannot tolerate the food so they demand the product be taken off the market.

Some of the science that goes into making non-meat taste and smell like meat is very interesting, if the scientists can make soy beans taste like prime rib, bring the sucker on.

Offline kenth

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »
It's good for the planet!

I've tried various meat substitutes for health concerns before. None of them taste, or have the texture, of meat. I've come to loathe soy protein. We avoid most processed foods, especially those that contain soy or other vegetable "textured" protein.