Author Topic: School Considers Legal Action After Students Appear to Give Nazi Salute  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211417916

School Considers Legal Action After Dozens of Students Appear to Give Nazi Salute at Prom
A Wisconsin school district is considering what consequences students should face after an alarming photograph surfaced, supposedly of the male students of the class of 2019. The image, tweeted from an account that has since been made private, allegedly shows dozens of Baraboo High School students at their junior prom giving the Nazi salute.

A screenshot was shared by Twitter user @CarlySidey, with details later posted by VICE contributor Jules Suzdaltsev. The account that originally posted the image, @GoBaraboo, is now listed as “protected,” meaning only permitted users are allowed to see its posts.

The Barbaroo School District has yet to issue a response, but their official Twitter account retweeted a message from School District Administrator Lori Mueller that addressed the issue, and it appears that they are taking the matter very seriously, even considering legal action, should it be deemed appropriate.

Law&Crime reached out to Mueller for additional comment. A phone call to Barbaroo High School was directed to the voicemail of Principal Glenn Bildsten, but so far there has been no response to a message left by Law&Crime.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-considers-legal-action-after-dozens-of-students-appear-to-give-nazi-salute-at-prom/ar-BBPCyI2?li=BBnb7Kz
This is the latest outrage in Donald Trump's America. Stupid kids doing stupid things, and DU, the national media, and the school district are overreacting in perfectly predictable fashion.

Believe it or not, the school district is offering mental health support to kids who have been traumatized by this picture.

DU has multiple threads with people saying this should affect the guys' college admissins, that they need to be sent to indoctrination camps, and that their lives should be forever ruined because of one dumb picture.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: School Considers Legal Action After Students Appear to Give Nazi Salute
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 06:56:01 AM »
What law have these kids broken?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:03:47 AM »

They were just kids doing stupid kid things but they transgressed against an unwritten liberal law.  Not one person has harmed in the gesture, but that doesn't matter in the Trump resist environment that exists today.

Go ahead and pursue legal action for exercising their first amendment right but in the interest of fairness, I want the colored kids punished for giving the black power fist.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:44:45 AM »

Exactly. Even if they are members of some sort of Hitler Youth wannabe group, what grounds are there for legal action?

The parents need to send the educrats a stand down message with the threat of a lawsuit if they do not. And then ask their sons what in Hades they were doing! Like others here, I think they were being teenage idiots (plus or minus some alcohol), not some sort of clandestine organization. Most of them probably had grand or great-grand parents who served in WW2 and need to be reminded that horrific things like the Nazis or the Imperial Japanese are not things to joke around about.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
Lori M. Mueller
@LoriMMueller
 The photo of students posted to #BarabooProud is not reflective of the educational values and beliefs of the School District of Baraboo.  The District will pursue any and all available and appropriate actions, including legal, to address.
Yes, take legal action to punish some kids for their stupid (but constitutionally protected) exercise of free speech.  :whatever:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
They must be having a slow day for outrage there.  :thatsright: :mental:

The District will pursue any and all available and appropriate actions, including legal, to address.

The actions include tantrums, extreme disapproval and a lot of pissing and moaning. :loser: :loser:

If they were saluting antifa they would be praised. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:54 AM »
I looked at the photo, there is nothing Nazi about it.

Genuine Nazis saluting (save for one dude)

Poutrageous photo.

But hey, who am I to question unnecessary anger ?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:31 AM »
If they had raised their fists in a 'Black Power' sign would anyone have cared?
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 08:12:10 AM »
The dude in the front row, third from the left looks Hispanic or Mediterranean, judging by his complexion and stature.

The pic looks like it should be captioned, "Us After a Coupla Beers".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 08:28:30 AM »
None of them pointed out the "white power" OK hand sign the guy 5th from the left is flashing. At the Kavanaugh hearings that took up a whole news day.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »
Looks to me like they're kinda waving.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »
Looks to me like they're kinda waving.

That's because that's what they're doing and, unlike the snowflakes on the left, you don't see racism in everything you see and hear.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »
The dude in the front row, third from the left looks Hispanic or Mediterranean, judging by his complexion and stature.

The pic looks like it should be captioned, "Us After a Coupla Beers".

And the guy front row center is playing the circle game.  It's a bunch of kids being stupid, which is what they do.

None of them pointed out the "white power" OK hand sign the guy 5th from the left is flashing. At the Kavanaugh hearings that took up a whole news day.

Because it's not an OK sign, it's the circle game.  If you look at the circle below the other guy's waist and don't break it, they get to punch you.  Like I said, stupid kids being stupid...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 12:09:36 PM »
Predictably:

Wisconsin boys' Nazi salute was actually a wave to their parents, photographer says

Associated Press

Published: November 13, 2018Updated: November 13, 2018 at 08:27 AM
BARABOO, Wis. — The photographer who took a picture of boys from Baraboo High School giving what appears to be a Nazi salute says he simply asked the students to wave goodbye to their parents.

Pete Gust told community journalism website Madison 365 that the pre-prom photo, which has been shared widely on social media, was innocent. He says he asked the boys to give him a "high five" for the photo taken in May on the steps of the Sauk County Courthouse in downtown Baraboo, about 115 miles (185 kilometers) northwest of Milwaukee.

Offline DLR Pyro

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 02:48:55 PM »
Trolling fake news stories to Libs/Progs and conservatives has become something between a hobby and a business. Conservatives need to become more discerning consumers of information and leave making an ass of oneself to Libs/Progs.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »
"Hey guys! let's take a picture that will piss people off."

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 08:04:56 PM »
I put that pic on another thread as well.  Seems to me like they're waving.  Nazi salutes come with a grim, gruesome face.  These guys are not doing this. 

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 08:04:02 AM »
They were waving like Nazis </du>
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 01:26:23 PM »
Several have fists up instead of extended fingers, or fingers spread, or half-assed waves.  Not looking very Nazi.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.