Author Topic: Jacksonville Landing mass shooting leaves 'multiple fatalities,' police say  (Read 2249 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

Multiple fatalities were reported after a mass shooting on Sunday in downtown Jacksonville, Fla., at a popular area filled with bars and restaurants.

“Mass shooting at the Jacksonville Landing. Stay far away from the area. The area is not safe at this time. STAY AWAY,” the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office tweeted. "Multiple fatalities at the scene, many transported. #TheLandingMassShooting."

Police did not provide further information, but said they "can’t stress enough to stay away. Many blocks away."

The number of casualties is unclear at this time. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said on Twitter it is responding to the reported mass shooting in downtown Jacksonville.

The shooting took place in the Jacksonville Landing area, which is located along the St. Johns River and is described as an area with "a wide variety of waterfront dining options and a cozy inside shopping mall."

Several people on social media participating in the Madden NFL Championship Series reported hearing gunshots shortly after 1:30 p.m. during the livestream of the tournament on the platform Twitch. A video surfaced on social media showed players disconnecting from the game as gunshots were heard in the background.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/26/mass-shooting-reported-at-jacksonville-landing-police-say.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline SVPete

https://www.news4jax.com/news/shooting-at-jacksonville-landing-leaves

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - At least four people are dead and several people have been wounded after a mass shooting at the Jacksonville Landing Sunday afternoon.

Jacksonville Police said one suspect is dead and they are finding people hiding in locked places, people are urged to stay calm and where they are. Swat is doing methodical search of Landing.

"We will get to you. Please don't come running out," said JSO via twitter.

Police urge everyone to stay away from the area because it is not safe.

Early reports say they were shot inside a game room at the Chicago Pizza during a Madden 19 tournament.

The report is equivocal as to whether there was one shooter - who apparently is dead - or there may have been another or an accomplice.

It looks like the shooter picked a location where there would be lots of targets whose attention would be focused on the tournament. What are the odds that the area is a "gun-free" zone. IOW, careful target selection by the shooter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

It had to be a gun free zone or else there would have been at least 250 people shooting back.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I don't believe that the Landing is a gun free zone. Since it was a Madden 19 tournament then I suspect there were a lot of young people who probably didn't expect something like this to happen and who probably didn't have concealed carry licenses.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline mrclose

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

I don't believe that the Landing is a gun free zone. Since it was a Madden 19 tournament then I suspect there were a lot of young people who probably didn't expect something like this to happen and who probably didn't have concealed carry licenses.

E. Violations of the Law

a. The commission of any act defined by Federal, State or local ordinances as a criminal act is prohibited. These include, but are not limited to: graffiti, property damage, defacing, damaging or destroying any real or personal property, etc.

b. Possession of a weapon, even if legally carried (except by law enforcement officers) is absolutely prohibited on Landing property

c. Using or possessing fireworks is prohibited

https://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/rules-of-conduct/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Airwolf

As I told someone else, I am pissed that a person can't go anywhere without the knowledge that some idiot or a crazy person will take advantage and shoot the place up. Not being anti gun but it looks like no one was carrying there and in a state with laws that allow a person to get a permit easy enough you would think at least one person was armed.  I also told someone not that long ago that you should learn to protect yourself with anything from your hands to using a gun. You just can't go around letting someone else be responsable for your safety. The police will most likely only be able to respond to a shooting rather than prevent one unless the place your at has hired them as security. Ask yourself this question, "What is your life worth to you and your family and what are you going to do to protect it?" You are the one responsable for your own safety.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
E. Violations of the Law

a. The commission of any act defined by Federal, State or local ordinances as a criminal act is prohibited. These include, but are not limited to: graffiti, property damage, defacing, damaging or destroying any real or personal property, etc.

b. Possession of a weapon, even if legally carried (except by law enforcement officers) is absolutely prohibited on Landing property

c. Using or possessing fireworks is prohibited

https://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/rules-of-conduct/

I guess I'm a lawbreaker. I go there all the time and I carry.
Klingon Proverb.

Offline I_B_Perky

Apparently he is a gamer, 24 yrs old.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/police-id-madden-19-tournament-shooter-as-gamer-david-katz

Nothing wrong with gaming and people who do it... I just think there is something about this that screams introverted liberal nut.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim

https://www.news4jax.com/news/police-id-madden-19-tournament-shooter-as-gamer-david-katz

Nothing wrong with gaming and people who do it... I just think there is something about this that screams introverted liberal nut.

Perhaps a product of the Participation Trophy mentality?
Klingon Proverb.

Offline catsmtrods

Perhaps a product of the Participation Trophy mentality?

Exactly, and psychiatric drugs no doubt. Like so many of the other recent shootings.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I have heard that not only was he a gamer, he was participating in the tournament, and had just lost a game.  He snapped, and apparently was armed, so he shot up the place as a way to 'work through his anger' at losing.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

I disagree! We need common sense video game control!!

A little more seriously, I wonder if the guy ever held a job. And how many participation trophies he has packed away in Mommy & Daddy's garage.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catsmtrods

Yeah he was a victim of Trump derangement syndrome also. A spoiled little liberal democrat brat! Go figure.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"